McAfee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Development Manager Interview

Senior Development Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of phone interviews from Sr. leadership team from India and US followed by a face to face interview by a panel of hiring manager and other sr leadership. Overall interview process was done quickly post this final offer took too long...

Interview Question – Nothing specific. Mostly tried to see the fitment to the specific role.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

Interview Details – written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

Interview Question – not much   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wfh not available

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

Interview Details – aptitude and technical test
testing an application
3 technical interviews from different teams
managerial interview
hr round

Interview Question – completely technical and few on the aptitude side.
all questions were based on the projects mentioned
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer upto market standards

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

Interview Details – 2 or 3 face to face rounds with one round with manager and another with HR

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in February 2013.

Interview Details – Depending on the position and experience the rounds and no of rounds may vary.
I had a technical round which went on for 1 hr.
I was asked a couple of questions on coding (programming language was left to my choice).

I was qualified in that round and then i had a technical cum hr round conducted by hiring manager who was technically sound.

I cleared this interview and i received my offer letter 2 days after the interview .Till then i wasn't aware of the result.

Interview Question – I was asked to write a program that demonstrates the working of Gate Combinations (Digital Design). This was the most interesting that was posed to me.
I was also asked some puzzles .

One more question was printing a square matrix in spirtal order where order of matrix is given dynamically at run time.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since i were a fresher when i joined the company , i had known the salary in advance and hence there was no negotiation.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was employee referal. I had 1 telephonic, 1 technical, 1 technical manager and 1 HR. It started with telephonic round, more on c++ questoins : virtual destructor, constructors, virtual functions. Then next day i was called for face to face where more focus on linux kernel internals and asked to write a program to implement singleton pattern. Then after a week i got a call for technical manager round where questions are on network security and networking fundamentals. Then Final HR round

Interview Question – Bit deeper into c++ but not tough, all standard c++ questions. Be prepared with networking basics, c, c++, data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One of the best HR round. There was no negotiation, they offered what i was looking for.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process usually consist of 3 technical rounds followed by a discussion with Manager/HR on compensation and a final discussion with the director. The second round is a code test round where candidates are supposed to solve coding challenges.

Interview Question – All questions were straightforward.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of telecon followed by one 3 hour online test followed by 3 more interviews. HR offer was just a formality. I was impressed with Sr folks out there they were approchable and mingled well.
Two rounds are 45 minutes over a phone, and each round is almost elimination round.

Interview Question – Coding a variant of trie and iterating in a zig zaw fashion.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Loved MCafee people and was sure will not be able to stay put for more than a year do thought of waiting for sometime and so joined another firm. I am firm in returning to them.

I Have Been Working At McAfee Full-time Interview

I Have Been Working At McAfee Full-time
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interesting work
great Place to work
flex timings

Negotiation Details – What ask that mach i got

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – 1. written objective type
2. three technical round
3. one managerial

Interview Question – mostly focus on basics and they will look for particular skill in a round.   Answer Question

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!