McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by face-to-face interviews. I did not get past the second phone interview so I have no further detail about the rest of the process. Most likely a minimum of 2 face-to-face interviews with 1 to 2 group interviews (4 to 5 : 1 ratio). Many times, one of the group interviews will be with a small group of Executives to see how well the candidate interrelates and presents to Executive Management.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." (phone interviews can be difficult because 55% of the message can be lost or misconstrued since this percentage of the message is attributed to body language)   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

Online resume was submitted There was a Group interview One person asked the questions while the rest were silent observers The person who was asking the questions seemed to showcase his knowledge rather focus on the candidate The questions were easy for persons who are knowledgeable in Unix and perl

Interview Questions

• Technical questions Asked about automation and tool sets Knowledge of scripting- perl, Python etc   1 Answer

Unstable environment

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview + face-to-face interview. Nothing too tricky. Search google for software interview questions. Meet with the director for some communication software, then a senior software engineer for some basic technical questions. Then meet with a test software manager for some more communication questions. (The hiring manager was on vacation at that time)

Cloud Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company website and got a call in approximately 2 weeks. The first round was a telephonic interview which mainly concentrated on my previous projects. All the questions were related to academic projects and previous work projects. The second round was a technical interview on C/C++ programming language. All standard questions of which most of them are available in glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• All important concepts in C++ like exception handling, auto pointer, virtual functions   Answer Question

Mobile Malware Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2015.

Interview

The hr set up a phone interview. Just one 30-minutes phone interview with the group manager. Ask about the background and related research and project experience with mobile platform, malware analysis and machine learning techniques.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and some questions from projects on the resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team. Overall the interview experience was horrible. The interview was about 30 mins. The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio. Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place? Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before? Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10. All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

1 hour telephonic interview. This was for automation testing. Question on CSS, HTML and JavaScript. What is ReST ? Difference between PUT and POST. When we use POST and when we should use PUT. Syntax to change style of element through javascript code. Python: How do you run python code. How do you define a function Questions on academic project work

Interview Questions

• Even after explaining the difference interviewer asked me when do you use PUT and when do you use POST.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and did a phone screen. I did not get any feedback until 4 weeks later where he contacted me and wanted to bring me for interview with the team. The first round was scheduled for 5 interviewers but only 4 turn up. The interview question was simple and I did not get any feedback from the recruiter. After 3 weeks, he emailed and he wanted to bring me for another round of interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team members. They have bad track record where the interviewer did not turn up and they promised to arrange for phone interview so I don't have to come back to in-person interview. The interview was straight forward product management questions and each sessions was for 45 mins long. I did not hear anything for 2 months after the 2nd interview session. No email or call to update on the status.

Interview Questions

• Which product you manage and why you feel so proud of it? Standard PM question.   Answer Question