McAfee

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in June 2013.

The first round is Written test with many tough questions of C++ to finish within 30 mts.
    The second and third round are technical rounds, fourth round is directly you are given a laptop to write a Program and demonstrate the results.

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in March 2012.

2 rounds of telecon followed by one 3 hour online test followed by 3 more interviews. HR offer was just a formality. I was impressed with Sr folks out there they were approchable and mingled well.
    Two rounds are 45 minutes over a phone, and each round is almost elimination round.

Interview Questions
    • Coding a variant of trie and iterating in a zig zaw fashion.   Answer Question

Loved MCafee people and was sure will not be able to stay put for more than a year do thought of waiting for sometime and so joined another firm. I am firm in returning to them.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McAfee in August 2010.

Three interviews and a short writing test. Took about 3 hours. People were nice. They wanted to know what my questions were. I wish I had come with more questions prepared.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

asked so many questions covering all the topics . but no process/methodology related questions . good attitude lakes you success ion interview

not negotiated

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

There are a minimum of 3 rounds one of which will be a coding round in code of your preference.
    Round 1 - involved basic aptitude and QA concepts
    Round 2 - involved more details questions on the tasks that you would be involved in
    Round 3 - a coding round that involved 2 or 3 simple programs in C++ (they did ask me what language I was comfortable with)

Additionally there will be HR rounds and meetings with your senior managers and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Coding round was unexpected. They asked me to write a sorting algorithm, some previous question, writing and reading from a file   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2009.

1. Initial Phone Interview.
    2. 6 One on One interviews
    3. HR Screening (BG check etc)
    4. Offer

Interview Questions
    • 1. You think Certifications such as CISSP makes a difference?   Answer Question
    1. Keep it simple and dont play games.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

First round is technical round. They are asking C# basic questions,Linq,Xml queries.
    Third round is managerial round and most of the questions related to testing questions

Interview Questions
    • Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml....   Answer Question

QA Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAfee.

Very thorough interview process. Included around 6 rounds with a written technical & aptitude test

Interview Questions
    • Why do want to join our company ?
      Why should I hire you ?