McAfee

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kfar Saba (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kfar Saba (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee.

At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
    All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I liked

Lead Level Interview

Lengthy and comfortable.... Took around 3 months to roll out the offer since there was a hiring freeze in between. Friendly folks

Did not negotiate

Software QA Engineer Interview

1. They do not ask much about data structures and algorithms, Instead I have seen people shying away from such things
    2. They ask about simple things, e.g. programming in java/C/C++/Python but, not too much deep level questions

Interview Questions
    • There was as such not any difficult question. They dont have such difficult questions to ask for in interviews   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Because it was an internal referral. I was invited to onsite immediately after one round of phone screen. It was really nice experience with them and following up from recruiter is quick as well. The only problem was my expected salary is higher than what they are willing to offer. So it didn't work out. Very nice people by the way.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge you faced during your current employment. There are so many challenges so it was kinda hard to organize it right and clean and to represent it. Overall, the interview was not very hard.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Very standard interview questions and process. They ask you what makes you a good sales person, and what your track record is. Where you see yourself in the future. Some standard questions about your general level of IT knowledge. McAfee finds itself very interesting, so they ask you tons of questions about McAfee itself.

Interview Questions
    • Skype interviews for candidates abroad-- and they require you to wear a suit.   View Answers (2)

Didn't feel comfortable during the recruitment process. Very expendable.

Web Developer Interview

1 Phone interview
    On-site: 5 rounds(4 technical + 1 managerial)

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

A phone interview was first conducted which was followed by another and much longer phone interview. After this there was a face to face round with the lead followed by the manager.

IT Training Manager Interview

I was referred to McAfee by an employee of McAfee who I had worked with previously. I had a phone interview and a face to face interview with 3 Vice Presidents. I did not interview with the 2 other woman who would be on ym team and that was a draw back.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward, I started as a contractor and then was converted to an employee

Technical Ar Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Technical HR personnel was very good in explaining in initial conversation.
    I had 3 Tele rounds and HR person was really frank enough to tell me exact feedback.
    for Example, After the 2nd Tele round, He informed me that Interviewer was not much impressed but finally voted as 55 / 45 in my favor.

All 3 tele rounds were focused.
    1st - Pure coding skills (1 hr)
    2nd : Algorithm Skills (1.5 Hrs)
    3rd: NTFS, FS and Kernel (45 Mins)

After I cleared all 3 tele rounds, I was asked to come down to their office for full day interview process.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.