McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2015.

The recruiter contacted me and did a phone screen. I did not get any feedback until 4 weeks later where he contacted me and wanted to bring me for interview with the team. The first round was scheduled for 5 interviewers but only 4 turn up. The interview question was simple and I did not get any feedback from the recruiter. After 3 weeks, he emailed and he wanted to bring me for another round of interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team members. They have bad track record where the interviewer did not turn up and they promised to arrange for phone interview so I don't have to come back to in-person interview. The interview was straight forward product management questions and each sessions was for 45 mins long. I did not hear anything for 2 months after the 2nd interview session. No email or call to update on the status.

Interview Questions
    • Which product you manage and why you feel so proud of it? Standard PM question.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

HR call followed by onsite. First HR called me and she completly forgot to send invite. It seems she remebered after 2 days and sent an invite around 10 pm for the interview scheduled next day early morning. Anyways I reached there and met there with tech lead. Beyond my imagination, mr tech lead was not bothered about on interview ethics. He just gave me two coding issues and got busy on his cell phone gossip. Mr tech lead was more worried for his daily stand up meeting. I felt like leaving the room but somehow could stay there. It was most unproffesional interview i ever faced. I am happy that they did not call me further.

Interview Questions
    • Linked list addition and dictionary impl from the scratch   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

I started as a consultant and was brought on full time shortly after. Initial interview was a phone interview for the consultant role. Sr. Financial Analyst position interview was very informal since I was already on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Specifics regarding technical background   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in June 2013.

1. First Round will be Telephonic (Technical Discussion)
    2. Second Reound (F2F) (Exploring about Expierence)
    3. Machine Coding (3-5 programs) (Threading, String Manipluation, OOPS concepts)
    4. Hiring Manager (Interest towards the company)
    5. HR round (Discussion about CTC and joining date and the policies)

Interview Questions
    • Multi Threading concepts in Java, OOPS concepts in java, Web Technology, Design patters, Basic SQL queries, String manipulation programs   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Received a call from the recruiter 2 months after applying. After the HR phone screen, spoke to the hiring manager on the phone and then was invited for a combination of onsite and phone interviews - 4 rounds each 10 days apart. I wish the interview process was more cohesive. After the last interview did not hear back from the recruiter despite emailing several times.

Interview Questions
    • What would your co-workers say about you?. How would you evaluate our marketing processes?   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

Two interview with Recruitment and then one with the Hiring manager (your future boss). We then proceeded to have an assessment day which involved 121 interviews with sales managers on a 121 basis plus a group presentation

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of an instance when you showed initiative and leadership?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

No negotiation

ITSM Process Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in August 2012.

Company came to our college for recruitment.Consisted of 4 rounds.
    1.Aptitude test: Consisted of c++ programming multiple choice and quant questions.Pretty easy.
    2.Technical Interview: Asked on basics of c++ like program to reverse a string and on data structures.
    3.Technical Interview: This time was asked to code few programs related to trees and graphs.
    4.HR: was asked few puzzles.if you know them previously you can ace them.