McAfee

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.1

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in August 2012.

Company came to our college for recruitment.Consisted of 4 rounds.
    1.Aptitude test: Consisted of c++ programming multiple choice and quant questions.Pretty easy.
    2.Technical Interview: Asked on basics of c++ like program to reverse a string and on data structures.
    3.Technical Interview: This time was asked to code few programs related to trees and graphs.
    4.HR: was asked few puzzles.if you know them previously you can ace them.

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

There was a screening telephonic interview, followed by face-to-face. Then a call from US.
    Thereafter again a code test. Then manager round, followed by Director. Then HR. This is for McAfee consumer, interview was fairly simple and everything went well.

I already had an offer so the increased it to next band.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee.

1 hour telephonic interview. This was for automation testing. Question on CSS, HTML and JavaScript.
    What is ReST ?
    Difference between PUT and POST.
    When we use POST and when we should use PUT.
    Syntax to change style of element through javascript code.
    Python: How do you run python code.
                  How do you define a function
    Questions on academic project work

Interview Questions
    • Even after explaining the difference interviewer asked me when do you use PUT and when do you use POST.   Answer Question

Software QA/Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

I have worst experience with dell (sonic wall ) , while going with interview process they have 1 telephonic round followed by 4 face to face round .
    2. after that torture will start when it come to interview with director(us), i have given interview at 11.30 PM at night in bangalore
    3. the most worst experience when it come to HR round for salary negotiation , as i already mention my excepted CTC before interview and during interview . but after going through all these torture interview process , in HR round hiring manager unable to giving as expected .
    4. I will not recommend people to go through worst interview process and last you will hear for hirinh HR that dell will not be able to give you as expected .

Interview Questions

Offer was not as expected (CTC)

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Received an initial call from a recruiter against my application, but the recruiter had the wrong position in front of him at first. Once that was clarified, he said the hiring manager was really interested in my resume. He set-up a phone screen which went well, and then he set up four further phone screens with other managers for a total of five interviews. All of these went well, but then I heard nothing back at all. I sent an inquiry email to the recruiter about three weeks later—heard nothing. I sent another one a couple of months later and heard nothing back again. Because the recruiter scheduled two of the phone screens incorrectly and had trouble with time zones, I'm guessing he lost track of me at some point. To not hear anything after two pleasant notes, however, is just rude and there's no other word for it, especially after taking the time to do five phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where two different groups needed your work but you had limited resources and you couldn't satisfy both?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were good for the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Great! Streamlined! Fast! This is much improved, as I saw as a re-tread, from the early hiring process. I see the introduction of this process as a positive aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Can I do the job? Interesting how it made me rethink my abilities and how I can do the job.   View Answer
    Easy, but added some time to the transition

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

HR Sales Recruiter had an intro level conversation over the phone with me however, weren't very familiar with the details of the position or company. Following our 10min call I was told she'd schedule a meeting with the Hiring Manager (boss to be) however, after 10 business days with no communication I was forced to follow up with the recruiter whom returned my email 24hrs later with an apology, saying she'd take immediate care of it. 5 Business days later with no communication I followed up with the recruiter again and was successful with scheduling the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. This call was on track with expectation, gathering an understanding of the role/company and what the next steps would be. Within 7 days I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and regional director, receiving an offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • I've personally been in the space for some time so there were no questions that I had trouble with however, no questions were technical. Everything revolved around my approach with a sales cycle, how I felt about calling into new customers, cold calls, calling executives, etc..   Answer Question
    They initial offer letter was below my expectation so I came back, roughly 15% higher and we met in the middle. Negotiating was very easy and expected from the company.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds
    Basic concepts
    1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
    The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
    Today cutoff is 28 questions.
    2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

NO NEGOTIATION

Marketing Communications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Worked directly with the HR manager and it was a very smooth process. There were three interviews scheduled via email. The first interview was a screening call with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Discussed the technical details of the largest cybercrime events in recent history.   Answer Question