McAfee

141 candidate interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in October 2008.

Interview Details – McAfee internal contact reached out to make a recruiting effort for a new position he was creating. Went through extensive phone discussions, all of which sounded great, but as we started talking about the meat of the matter it became clear that this was a pet project rather than a broad strategic role as originally described. I was concerned it wouldn't have genuine support elsewhere inside the business and withdrew from the process.

Interview Question – Why should McAfee be in this market?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't feel it was as substantial a position as originally described.

FP&A Marketing BU Manager Interview

FP&A Marketing BU Manager

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2009.

Interview Details – Good team, good head for the business, nice enviroment. I did not get a chance to speak with Upper management.

Interview Question – Explain IRR and NPV as it might relate to MDF ROI   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to make the hard decision of choosing between two offers and even harder th other offer was with a competitor - I think I made the right choice but you never know.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

Interview Details – There were 4 rounds. First one was written round, which was an aptitude test. Second round was interview by a group/panel about knowledge and past jobs. Third round was a one on one with the director and it was detailed grilling of the knowledge and case study kind of situations. Fourth round was the HR round, which was a discussion about the Salary and the joining date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Being a bad negotiater I couldn't bargain much. I got more than what I asked for.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview Details – Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Question – Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by two in person interview

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Did not seem employee friendly

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in February 2009.

Interview Details – The team wasn't very clear on the requirements of the position. Although they had a job description, when interviewing they described the tasks and goals of the position in a way that the market is not measuring them. At least not at the cutting edge of the profession, which is something they advertised they needed, but not really inquiring about. Instead, they focused on abilities that were key 10 years ago in the field of procurement, but not in this day and time. Namely, they were trying to get a top-bottom approach to improving the strategic sourcing process, but the people at the top were not really familiar with the concept, and the people in the trenches were vastly under-qualified for the job they were supposed to be doing. The company was trying to get someone to train the fron-line team and create a solid set of performers from a team that in my mind wasn't really ready for such a massive corporate overhaul.

Interview Question – Do you live close to office?   View Answer

Tier II Support Technician Interview

Tier II Support Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in December 2008.

Interview Details – Met with agent. Then agent informed me to meet with McAfee.

Interview Question – If the network interface is down, why can you still ping it?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

Interview Details – People were very fireindly and cordial. I was tested for my soft skills. I was able to related to the issues and address the concerns

Interview Questions

• How do you contain scope of your project   Answer Question
  • How do you commuincate and get work done by cross funtional teams on whom yu dont have line authority   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Easy questions about basic OS commands.

Interview Question – Command syntax of Unix commands, and exact system file locations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact around Thanksgiving, then phone interview with hiring manager in early December. No response or followup from them, despite my email followups. Then in early January, request for on-site interview in mid-January. Interview lineup kept changing up to 45 minutes before the interview, including the first person bowing out so interview would start 30 minutes later. Actually enjoyed the interviews, had some good exchanges of ideas and problem-solving, impressed with the caliber of people I was talking with. Then nothing from them for a week. Called to follow up and was told there is now a hiring freeze. Insiders tell me they have 2 quarters a year of hiring freeze. Recruiter told me to "let him know if I saw anything else I was interested in" but no feedback about how I did or that he would keep me in mind in future. Very disappointed in the way things were handled and the time it look to get responses from people.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone who is just not doing the work, doesn't get along with anyone, and is generally not working out?   Answer Question
  • How do you handle schedule slips or increased requirements in the middle of a project?   Answer Question

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!