McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Ones you get the job they have a very long process before to give you the job contract. HR is not totally crystal during this process and especially to describing the rule.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions

• I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

2 stages of selection for interview shortlisting. An eLitmus percentile of 98+ followed by a Multiple choice quiz on computer science, Data structures and programming fundamentals. The latter should not be much of a problem if you are thorough with the basics, though getting a good eLitmus score is the hard part. The job role included a combination of development and testing.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure where insertion, deletion, data access and get random element are all done in O(1), i.e., constant time. (Without using STL or Hash tables)   3 Answers
    • Many coding questions about friend functions in C++.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

i was called for interview through elitmus but when i reached there i found out there were several rounds. The first round was a technical interview and it was focused on data structures. The second round was a coding exercise(very tough) but the good part is the questions are repeated.

Interview Questions

• making functions to find out the length of largest left and right substrings in a number whose sum is equal   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

First round is technical round. They are asking C# basic questions,Linq,Xml queries. Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml.... Third round is managerial round and most of the questions related to testing questions

Interview Questions

• Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml....   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you. Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Questions

• A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

Senior Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Interview. 2. 6 One on One interviews 3. HR Screening (BG check etc) 4. Offer

Interview Questions

• 1. You think Certifications such as CISSP makes a difference?   Answer Question

Negotiation

1. Keep it simple and dont play games.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of telecon followed by one 3 hour online test followed by 3 more interviews. HR offer was just a formality. I was impressed with Sr folks out there they were approchable and mingled well. Two rounds are 45 minutes over a phone, and each round is almost elimination round.

Interview Questions

• Coding a variant of trie and iterating in a zig zaw fashion.   Answer Question

Loved MCafee people and was sure will not be able to stay put for more than a year do thought of waiting for sometime and so joined another firm. I am firm in returning to them.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Takes quite a bit to get in the door. This tends to be a very slow process. Your best bet is to have it be an employee referral. Their HR department seems to have some turnover so you can get tripped up there. Interviewed for a position and it took 4 weeks to get called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your employment make a difference for McAfee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was out of work there was a take it or leave it attitude from HR manager.

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in March 2009.

Interview

Good team, good head for the business, nice enviroment. I did not get a chance to speak with Upper management.

Interview Questions

I had to make the hard decision of choosing between two offers and even harder th other offer was with a competitor - I think I made the right choice but you never know.