McAfee

143 candidate interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – 2 stages of selection for interview shortlisting. An eLitmus percentile of 98+ followed by a Multiple choice quiz on computer science, Data structures and programming fundamentals. The latter should not be much of a problem if you are thorough with the basics, though getting a good eLitmus score is the hard part. The job role included a combination of development and testing.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure where insertion, deletion, data access and get random element are all done in O(1), i.e., constant time. (Without using STL or Hash tables)   View Answers (3)
  • Many coding questions about friend functions in C++.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you.

Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Question – A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Cork (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – Ones you get the job they have a very long process before to give you the job contract.
HR is not totally crystal during this process and especially to describing the rule.

Interview Question – N.A.   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

Lead Development Representative
Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews including final panel presentation

Interview Question – Why do I want to work for McAfee   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Interview Details – Process was long and painful, stops and starts, which took about 2 months. After initial phone interview, went back 3 times to meet with numerous individuals. One interview cancelled the morning of but I still had to meet with another individual so consequently had to return another time.

Interview Question – How will you make an impact in your first 90 days. Good question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short as they raised the salary req based on my experience from what they had originally stated

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Tier I Support Technician
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Interview Details – They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up.

The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations.

One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?"

That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?"

After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight.

Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time.

I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :|

And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's.

Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me?

Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Question – Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview Details – interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Interview Question – programming or coding   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Question – I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

FP&A Marketing BU Manager Interview

FP&A Marketing BU Manager

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2009.

Interview Details – Good team, good head for the business, nice enviroment. I did not get a chance to speak with Upper management.

Interview Question – Explain IRR and NPV as it might relate to MDF ROI   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to make the hard decision of choosing between two offers and even harder th other offer was with a competitor - I think I made the right choice but you never know.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

Interview Details – There were 4 rounds. First one was written round, which was an aptitude test. Second round was interview by a group/panel about knowledge and past jobs. Third round was a one on one with the director and it was detailed grilling of the knowledge and case study kind of situations. Fourth round was the HR round, which was a discussion about the Salary and the joining date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Being a bad negotiater I couldn't bargain much. I got more than what I asked for.