McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McAfee.

Interview process was very lenghty and done by many people both on the phone and in person. Interviews were handled very professionaly and technical oriented. Interviews were held on time as agreed by persons interviewing. HR took a little longer than average to complete the hiring process but they were very friendly and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what a database is to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Usual QA questions lasting several rounds

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kfar Saba (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kfar Saba (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee.

At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
    All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I liked

Principal Engineer Interview

1. Team lead round
    2. Hands on coding test
    3. Manager round
    4. Group manager round
    5 HR round (final)

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was positive for me

Software Engineer Interview

I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in September 2013.

They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions
    • Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

Horrible

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
    F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
    1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
    Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
    Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions
    Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAfee in April 2012.

What a joke, the "sales manager" who interviewed me was a complete moron. They must have googled for obscure interview questions and had no idea what they were asking me for because I asked them to clarify some of thier questions and they stared at me blankly... Sell me this pencil? Really? 1985 called and they want their interviewing tactics back. Offer received and offer declined. No thanks... I wasn't a fan of thier office layout anyway, terrible cube/pod layout. No privacy or professionalism there and the pay package wasn't competitive.

Interview Questions

Dumb managers, bad interviewing skills, terrible work place environment.