McAfee

Average Difficulty
141 candidate interviews

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Senior Database Administrator

I applied in-person and interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – Interview process was very lenghty and done by many people both on the phone and in person. Interviews were handled very professionaly and technical oriented. Interviews were held on time as agreed by persons interviewing. HR took a little longer than average to complete the hiring process but they were very friendly and answered any questions I had.

Interview Question – How would you explain what a database is to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interview Details – Usual QA questions lasting several rounds

Interview Question – Nothing too technical   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Kfar Saba (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I liked

Interview Question – I had to spot a security problem in c code   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was positive for me

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details – I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Question – There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2013.

Interview Details – They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Question – write a function to to reverse a string?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview Details – Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Question – Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

Interview Details – Horrible

Interview Questions

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
Phone HR - Offer

Interview Question – Template related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McAfee in April 2012.

Interview Details – What a joke, the "sales manager" who interviewed me was a complete moron. They must have googled for obscure interview questions and had no idea what they were asking me for because I asked them to clarify some of thier questions and they stared at me blankly... Sell me this pencil? Really? 1985 called and they want their interviewing tactics back. Offer received and offer declined. No thanks... I wasn't a fan of thier office layout anyway, terrible cube/pod layout. No privacy or professionalism there and the pay package wasn't competitive.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Dumb managers, bad interviewing skills, terrible work place environment.