McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Usual QA questions lasting several rounds

Principal Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Team lead round 2. Hands on coding test 3. Manager round 4. Group manager round 5 HR round (final)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was positive for me

IT Training Manager Interview

Interview

I was referred to McAfee by an employee of McAfee who I had worked with previously. I had a phone interview and a face to face interview with 3 Vice Presidents. I did not interview with the 2 other woman who would be on ym team and that was a draw back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward, I started as a contractor and then was converted to an employee

Technical Ar Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Technical HR personnel was very good in explaining in initial conversation. I had 3 Tele rounds and HR person was really frank enough to tell me exact feedback. for Example, After the 2nd Tele round, He informed me that Interviewer was not much impressed but finally voted as 55 / 45 in my favor. All 3 tele rounds were focused. 1st - Pure coding skills (1 hr) 2nd : Algorithm Skills (1.5 Hrs) 3rd: NTFS, FS and Kernel (45 Mins) After I cleared all 3 tele rounds, I was asked to come down to their office for full day interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds Basic concepts 1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation . The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it. Today cutoff is 28 questions. 2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION

Program Manager Interview

Interview

2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.

Interview Questions

• Questions were good for the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

HR call followed by onsite. First HR called me and she completly forgot to send invite. It seems she remebered after 2 days and sent an invite around 10 pm for the interview scheduled next day early morning. Anyways I reached there and met there with tech lead. Beyond my imagination, mr tech lead was not bothered about on interview ethics. He just gave me two coding issues and got busy on his cell phone gossip. Mr tech lead was more worried for his daily stand up meeting. I felt like leaving the room but somehow could stay there. It was most unproffesional interview i ever faced. I am happy that they did not call me further.

Interview Questions

• Linked list addition and dictionary impl from the scratch   Answer Question

UI Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing firm, first round was F2F, some basics javascript questions and after I was asked to take a quiz of 20 questions and a js coding test which was again basics of javascript/css/html. After these tests interviewer told me that I would receive a call from HR if shortlisted. There is no call from Intel yet! I think I actually wasted 1 day for this interview. They should have at-least informed the status as a courtesy. The questions were way too easy for an UI architect with 12 years in the same field.

Interview Questions

• How you create object in JS How you create array in JS Few very basics questions about css too.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team. Overall the interview experience was horrible. The interview was about 30 mins. The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio. Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place? Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before? Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10. All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   Answer Question