McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McAfee.

I was contacted on LinkedIn for a Sales position. After an initial interview with global/regional HR, I continued to having an interview with local (Cork) HR. After that, I had a short interview (10 min) with the person who was my potential boss/senior manager. I also had to do an intelligence test online. Then I was invited to the Cork office for a full day assessment center, where I did interviews and case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to persuade someone/a group of people to do something   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
    First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions
    • What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question
    Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

IT Global Security Services Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

1st meeting at University career fair
    Interview for phone interview, within 1 week
    30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager
    Pleasant interview, not a stress interview
    14 days before announcing decision
    only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions
    i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in April 2013.

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about your current internship?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

IT Training Manager Interview

I was referred to McAfee by an employee of McAfee who I had worked with previously. I had a phone interview and a face to face interview with 3 Vice Presidents. I did not interview with the 2 other woman who would be on ym team and that was a draw back.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward, I started as a contractor and then was converted to an employee

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview. The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the Sales program, with only several applicants offered employment. Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in November 2012.

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
    They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
    I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
    No reply after that from the hiring team.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2012.

Nice process. Entirely set up by staffing firm. Timely feedback received, and process and # of interviewers was streamlined. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, a close co-worker, a director, and a technical interviewer. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, with pertinent questions asked of me, and I was allowed to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • How does my current position relate to this new position?   Answer Question
    Minimal, given it was a contract position.