McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Interview

Great! Streamlined! Fast! This is much improved, as I saw as a re-tread, from the early hiring process. I see the introduction of this process as a positive aspect.

Interview Questions

• Can I do the job? Interesting how it made me rethink my abilities and how I can do the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, but added some time to the transition

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two round phone interview, first manager and then team member interview.

Interview Questions

• Manager interview is about background experience of education, project experience details, and language preference. Team member interview is about basic technical questions. Algorithms of Mathematical problem of get series of numbers from number a to number b, SQL basic problem of outer join and inner join, balanced binary search tree and binary search tree problem.   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

don't remember when I applied to this position. And someday I just receive an email about a phone interview. It's a conmen interview. Asked about my background. When he heard about that I am a new graduate. He just said thank you and hang the phone. And there's no more info heard. I think they want someone more experienced. And obviously I am not that experienced in this field. Anyway, their attitude was nice. Just don't match.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

There was one initial phone call with the HR. After that, another phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to complete a design assignment in addition. There was three parts to the on-site Interview process. The first is a group presentation to the entire design team for about a hour. The second part includes several 1 on 1 with key stakeholders (product managers, sr. engineers, members of the design team, hiring manager), and with enough time left, you will do a design exercise with several design team members. The design exercise lasts about a hour where they will give you an example problem/project and you will role play and respond to the scenario. The entire on-site interview process could take up to 5 hours. If they have doubts about your skill, be prepared for a second on-site interview or even more design assignments that you will have to complete.

Interview Questions

• The design exercise can throw some candidates off. Some good advices - be very authentic to who you are. Note that it really isn't about the design solution you come up with. They are not looking for the right answer, but your thinking process and the way you interact with other design team members.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you. Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Questions

• A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Usual QA questions lasting several rounds

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Interview process was very lenghty and done by many people both on the phone and in person. Interviews were handled very professionaly and technical oriented. Interviews were held on time as agreed by persons interviewing. HR took a little longer than average to complete the hiring process but they were very friendly and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain what a database is to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview and subsequent in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff, just asking about my previous experience and my comfort level working on the projects they had in mind   Answer Question