McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee.

You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you.

Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Questions
    • A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   View Answer
    I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

QA Engineer Interview

Usual QA questions lasting several rounds

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McAfee.

Interview process was very lenghty and done by many people both on the phone and in person. Interviews were handled very professionaly and technical oriented. Interviews were held on time as agreed by persons interviewing. HR took a little longer than average to complete the hiring process but they were very friendly and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what a database is to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone Interview and subsequent in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff, just asking about my previous experience and my comfort level working on the projects they had in mind   Answer Question

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee.

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in September 2013.

They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question