McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

Interview

Horrible

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far. It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions

• Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Easy questions about basic OS commands.

Interview Questions

• Command syntax of Unix commands, and exact system file locations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Interview

The company contacted me regarding a position. All communications were very responsive and detailed. Very thorough and professional interview process. Great recruiting staff and hiring manager was well versed in interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• Provide three reasons why subordinates like working with you.   1 Answer

Family did not want to relocate.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

Interview

People were very fireindly and cordial. I was tested for my soft skills. I was able to related to the issues and address the concerns

Interview Questions

• How do you contain scope of your project   Answer Question
    • How do you commuincate and get work done by cross funtional teams on whom yu dont have line authority   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

1 face to face interview followed by a telephonic round with onshore manager. Being enthusiastic about the Job helps and also having good communication makes you a strong candidate

Negotiation

speak your mind when your expectations are not meant

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

I was structured interview. Only 1 interview with normal puzzles and Data Structures question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++ F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++. 1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions. Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture. Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

What a joke, the "sales manager" who interviewed me was a complete moron. They must have googled for obscure interview questions and had no idea what they were asking me for because I asked them to clarify some of thier questions and they stared at me blankly... Sell me this pencil? Really? 1985 called and they want their interviewing tactics back. Offer received and offer declined. No thanks... I wasn't a fan of thier office layout anyway, terrible cube/pod layout. No privacy or professionalism there and the pay package wasn't competitive.

Interview Questions

Dumb managers, bad interviewing skills, terrible work place environment.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager. They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose. I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed. No reply after that from the hiring team.