McAfee Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
145 interviews

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

It was a great experience, fast and with good communication between me and HR.

Unfortunately, there's one component of their variable salary that's not clearly explained in the process. It's the MBO part, which is also part of the Sales Teams variable salary. This varies, but can represent from 5% (if you are an Individual Contributor) up to 20% (if you are a Sales People Manager). For those who are in the second scenario, watch out! This MBO is quarterly paid and it can be difficult to get (1 or 2/year at most). Also it's presented as "sales targets"…Generally it's linked to sales attainment (seasonality), this is why it's difficult to get. Apart from it, it's a nice place to work.

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Inflexible

Principal Engineer Interview

1. Team lead round
    2. Hands on coding test
    3. Manager round
    4. Group manager round
    5 HR round (final)

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was positive for me

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee.

They took months to process and then asked for my background check but proceed with other candidate even though background check was clear.

Interview Questions
    • They asked to write code on white board.
      Question : write the algorithm for word file history.
        Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

3 Interviews including final panel presentation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

Submitted resume through college career office in late April. Received interview invitation 3 weeks later, scheduled interview 4 weeks later. Panel interview with sales rep and support account manager. Fairly basic interview; no hard technical questions. Very willing to explain company's products.

Stipend was pre-negotiated with my college, but final amount was not revealed until well after the internship.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

There was one initial phone call with the HR. After that, another phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to complete a design assignment in addition.

There was three parts to the on-site Interview process. The first is a group presentation to the entire design team for about a hour. The second part includes several 1 on 1 with key stakeholders (product managers, sr. engineers, members of the design team, hiring manager), and with enough time left, you will do a design exercise with several design team members. The design exercise lasts about a hour where they will give you an example problem/project and you will role play and respond to the scenario. The entire on-site interview process could take up to 5 hours.

If they have doubts about your skill, be prepared for a second on-site interview or even more design assignments that you will have to complete.

Interview Questions
    • The design exercise can throw some candidates off. Some good advices - be very authentic to who you are. Note that it really isn't about the design solution you come up with. They are not looking for the right answer, but your thinking process and the way you interact with other design team members.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Ones you get the job they have a very long process before to give you the job contract.
    HR is not totally crystal during this process and especially to describing the rule.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee.

You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you.

Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Questions
    • A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   View Answer
    I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

Database Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

3 rounds of interview