McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Ones you get the job they have a very long process before to give you the job contract.
    HR is not totally crystal during this process and especially to describing the rule.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  India, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in February 2014.

It was a Case Interview. 4 rounds of interviews one was technical which was straightforward. next 3 rounds were cases. The cases seemed a bit ambiguous, but they are supposed to be ambiguous I guess. More focus on quantitative skills.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee.

You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you.

Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Questions
    • A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   View Answer
    I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kfar Saba (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kfar Saba (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
    All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I liked

QA Engineer Interview

Usual QA questions lasting several rounds

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview process was very lenghty and done by many people both on the phone and in person. Interviews were handled very professionaly and technical oriented. Interviews were held on time as agreed by persons interviewing. HR took a little longer than average to complete the hiring process but they were very friendly and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what a database is to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in December 2013.

It was employee referal. I had 1 telephonic, 1 technical, 1 technical manager and 1 HR. It started with telephonic round, more on c++ questoins : virtual destructor, constructors, virtual functions. Then next day i was called for face to face where more focus on linux kernel internals and asked to write a program to implement singleton pattern. Then after a week i got a call for technical manager round where questions are on network security and networking fundamentals. Then Final HR round

Interview Questions
    • Bit deeper into c++ but not tough, all standard c++ questions. Be prepared with networking basics, c, c++, data structures.   Answer Question
    One of the best HR round. There was no negotiation, they offered what i was looking for.

Intern Interview

Phone Interview and subsequent in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff, just asking about my previous experience and my comfort level working on the projects they had in mind   Answer Question

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer