McAfee

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview. The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the Sales program, with only several applicants offered employment. Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in November 2012.

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
    They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
    I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
    No reply after that from the hiring team.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2012.

Nice process. Entirely set up by staffing firm. Timely feedback received, and process and # of interviewers was streamlined. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, a close co-worker, a director, and a technical interviewer. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, with pertinent questions asked of me, and I was allowed to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • How does my current position relate to this new position?   Answer Question
    Minimal, given it was a contract position.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2012.

Easy Interview process, Most of hiring managers were relatively new.

Interview Questions
    NONE....they didn't care about experience or performance, just wanted a warm body

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McAfee in September 2012.

2 phone interviews and 1 video interview

Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in September 2012.

I did several phone interviews before finally going into the Plano, TX office for a face to face interview. When I arrived to the 3rd floor of their building and guided towards the sales area I immediately got the feeling that this was a telemarketing center. The kind of place that you'd expect to be getting a call from someone raising money for the Policeman's Benevolent Society, March of Dimes or trying to sell you an extended warranty on your car. They have these really small cubes with basically no walls and all the sales reps were totally jammed together, hundreds of them it seemed. It was so loud as I was walking by that I cannot imagine how anyone actually thinks in that office. A lot of the people I saw on the phones were walking around with wireless headsets and walking into other people's work space while talking loudly on the phone. Most of the sales reps were dressed very unprofessionally, the manager that interviewed me was dressed like he was getting ready to go out to a Club for the night. Overall a very negative experience. This might be a great place for people with no sales or technology sales experience to come in and get that experience then move on to somewhere better, somewhere more professional but it wasn't right for me and I turned down the offer that arrived a week later. It wasn't even a really competitive offer compared with others I received in the same market/industry. A coworker who just joined me at my job just came from McAfee and they said that place was a "nightmare and full of children", glad I didn't go there!

Interview Questions
    • What is your 60 day plan if we hire you.   View Answer

The offer was not competitive. Offers from two other technology companies in Dallas were much higher. Above all though the work environment at McAfee is far below expectations, definitely a telemarketing site filled with telemarketing type people.

Publication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in July 2012.

I submitted and within a week, received a call from the main campus in California to go through my resume and then set up a phone interview with the team lead. The team lead called at the scheduled time, and we talked for roughly forty minutes about the job requirements and my qualifications. He told me at the end of the call that he would recommend an in-person interview, and I heard back from HR for that interview. The in-person interview took two hours. The first hour was with the development team, and the second hour was with the writing team. People on the teams took turns asking me questions about the position, how I would handle the workload, and what interested me most about the position. The interview ended at almost exactly the two-hour mark, and I spoke briefly with the team lead again before leaving and being told they'd call me to let me know.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a last-minute emergency from a writer when you have multiple projects that need attention?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

HR Sales Recruiter had an intro level conversation over the phone with me however, weren't very familiar with the details of the position or company. Following our 10min call I was told she'd schedule a meeting with the Hiring Manager (boss to be) however, after 10 business days with no communication I was forced to follow up with the recruiter whom returned my email 24hrs later with an apology, saying she'd take immediate care of it. 5 Business days later with no communication I followed up with the recruiter again and was successful with scheduling the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. This call was on track with expectation, gathering an understanding of the role/company and what the next steps would be. Within 7 days I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and regional director, receiving an offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • I've personally been in the space for some time so there were no questions that I had trouble with however, no questions were technical. Everything revolved around my approach with a sales cycle, how I felt about calling into new customers, cold calls, calling executives, etc..   Answer Question
    They initial offer letter was below my expectation so I came back, roughly 15% higher and we met in the middle. Negotiating was very easy and expected from the company.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

The interview process was pretty straightforward and casual. It was mostly a discussion of my resume and background. I met with about 5 people, all at the vice president or director level, and each interview was 30 or 45 minutes in length. Each person left time at the end of the interview for questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your previous role? Why are you leaving your position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

Submitted resume through college career office in late April. Received interview invitation 3 weeks later, scheduled interview 4 weeks later. Panel interview with sales rep and support account manager. Fairly basic interview; no hard technical questions. Very willing to explain company's products.

Stipend was pre-negotiated with my college, but final amount was not revealed until well after the internship.