McAfee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Question – What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

IT Global Security Services Compliance Intern Interview

IT Global Security Services Compliance Intern
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – 1st meeting at University career fair
Interview for phone interview, within 1 week
30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager
Pleasant interview, not a stress interview
14 days before announcing decision
only 1 round of interview.

Interview Question – about post 2009 financial market regulations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

IT Training Manager Interview

IT Training Manager

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details – I was referred to McAfee by an employee of McAfee who I had worked with previously. I had a phone interview and a face to face interview with 3 Vice Presidents. I did not interview with the 2 other woman who would be on ym team and that was a draw back.

Interview Question – What is your social media strategy for training?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward, I started as a contractor and then was converted to an employee

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview. The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the Sales program, with only several applicants offered employment. Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Interview Question – Case Question and Technical   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Sales Operations Analyst
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2012.

Interview Details – Takes quite a bit to get in the door. This tends to be a very slow process. Your best bet is to have it be an employee referral. Their HR department seems to have some turnover so you can get tripped up there. Interviewed for a position and it took 4 weeks to get called back for a second interview.

Interview Question – How will your employment make a difference for McAfee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was out of work there was a take it or leave it attitude from HR manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
No reply after that from the hiring team.

Interview Question – All about job experiences   Answer Question

Consumer Marketing Manager Interview

Consumer Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter in Texas. Screened for salary.
Came in for 1 round of interviews with 3 peers and 1 manager.
Returned for 2 round of interview with senior vice president. Very strange--should have been a signal to not take job.

Interview Question – How have proved value within 30 days of hire at your last employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. take it or leave it.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2012.

Interview Details – Nice process. Entirely set up by staffing firm. Timely feedback received, and process and # of interviewers was streamlined. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, a close co-worker, a director, and a technical interviewer. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, with pertinent questions asked of me, and I was allowed to ask questions as well.

Interview Question – How does my current position relate to this new position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal, given it was a contract position.

Threat Analyst Interview

Threat Analyst
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in August 2008.

Interview Details – This was a interview that required a mind set that lent itself to working in a stressful enviroment. It started with a test to find maliious code embeded. Then after that you were shown many different email to filter and find discrepencies in the writing to find spam vs ham

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the IT security idustry?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They came in with an offer that I felt was to low, but it went back and forth and between bonuses and salary we found a happy medium

Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate Interview

Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in September 2012.

Interview Details – I did several phone interviews before finally going into the Plano, TX office for a face to face interview. When I arrived to the 3rd floor of their building and guided towards the sales area I immediately got the feeling that this was a telemarketing center. The kind of place that you'd expect to be getting a call from someone raising money for the Policeman's Benevolent Society, March of Dimes or trying to sell you an extended warranty on your car. They have these really small cubes with basically no walls and all the sales reps were totally jammed together, hundreds of them it seemed. It was so loud as I was walking by that I cannot imagine how anyone actually thinks in that office. A lot of the people I saw on the phones were walking around with wireless headsets and walking into other people's work space while talking loudly on the phone. Most of the sales reps were dressed very unprofessionally, the manager that interviewed me was dressed like he was getting ready to go out to a Club for the night. Overall a very negative experience. This might be a great place for people with no sales or technology sales experience to come in and get that experience then move on to somewhere better, somewhere more professional but it wasn't right for me and I turned down the offer that arrived a week later. It wasn't even a really competitive offer compared with others I received in the same market/industry. A coworker who just joined me at my job just came from McAfee and they said that place was a "nightmare and full of children", glad I didn't go there!

Interview Question – What is your 60 day plan if we hire you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was not competitive. Offers from two other technology companies in Dallas were much higher. Above all though the work environment at McAfee is far below expectations, definitely a telemarketing site filled with telemarketing type people.