McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview. on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Interview

12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn for a Sales position. After an initial interview with global/regional HR, I continued to having an interview with local (Cork) HR. After that, I had a short interview (10 min) with the person who was my potential boss/senior manager. I also had to do an intelligence test online. Then I was invited to the Cork office for a full day assessment center, where I did interviews and case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to persuade someone/a group of people to do something   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions

• What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

IT Global Security Services Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX).

Interview

1st meeting at University career fair Interview for phone interview, within 1 week 30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager Pleasant interview, not a stress interview 14 days before announcing decision only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.