Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee
- Software Engineer (10)
- Senior Software Engineer (10)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (8)
- Software Development Engineer (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Software QA Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (5)
- Intern (5)
- Manager (4)
- Lead Development Representative (4)
- Technical Lead (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Senior Software QA Engineer (3)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Graduate Software Engineer (2)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- QA Engineer (2)
- Associate Software Dev Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Principal Engineer (2)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Sourcing Manager (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Cloud Engineering (1)
- No Offer
2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.
- Questions were good for the position I interviewed for. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2014.
First a phone interview with an internal recruiter regarding my CV and my motivations. After this, an interview in their office with a senior manager. He explained the job and the company and then he checked the CV and asked about me, my technical skills and my strengths in the sale field. The senior manager was very kind to me and professional, I felt at ease with him. I thought it was a good work environment, I am really excited about this position and I hope to get an offer. I'm waiting for their feedback.
- No particular technical question. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in July 2014.
I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply. - It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc.. - If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview. Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.
- Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency Answer Question
- No OfferDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.
interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful
- programming or coding Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.
2-3 weeks after initial phone screening with the recruiter a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager (Director) but she could not make it at the last minute & I was interviewed by her senior manager. After that 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview with 4 team members and the Director(hiring manager) of the team. Surprisingly, I was called in for a particular role but the recruiter had informed the interviewers about a different role. Some serious mismatch happened but I was told both roles were still open which I doubted. I spent 2.5hrs at their office interviewing After which I did not hear anything for a month. I was not expecting much & my interest level was low but as a courtesy I was expecting a closing considering I went to their office and spent 2-3 hours. So I sent a note to the recruiter to check the status and was told they are proceeding with another candidate. The whole process, communication and closing out candidates looked very disjointed. Maybe the recruiters are overworked or just do not have a process to track which candidate is being sent for which role.
- Map out the process for launching new features in an existing product and getting buy in from Eng.. Answer Question
Helpful (6)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2014.
telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls
- There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).
They took months to process and then asked for my background check but proceed with other candidate even though background check was clear.
- They asked to write code on white board. Question : write the algorithm for word file history. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in October 2013.
First interview: with the HR: Usuallu goes well, with casual questions about why you want to work there, what experiences you've had in sales and marketing, what skills do you have, any success you'd like to talk about... Second interview: with the manager: A bit more technical, about what your aspirations are, how you react to failures, skills... Third interview: Face to face with the manager
- There were fairly okay questions, no tricky ones. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.
The first round is Written test with many tough questions of C++ to finish within 30 mts. The second and third round are technical rounds, fourth round is directly you are given a laptop to write a Program and demonstrate the results.
- Almost all were tough questions .... 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in May 2013.
First round is technical round. They are asking C# basic questions,Linq,Xml queries. Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml.... Third round is managerial round and most of the questions related to testing questions
- Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml.... Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review