McAfee

Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2012.

First 2 rounds were the telephonic interview.
    1st one was taken by dev engineer: Basically networing, OS, Kernel.
    2nd round was taken by the hiring manager: He focused on puzzles, and expectations.

Then I was called for F2F, where I have 3 technical, 1 HR, 1 discussion with hire management, then I was offered and i excepted it.

Interview Questions
    The HR offer me a package, I will says he was not at all friendly, I will suggest him to improve in this field. Well the hiring manager talked to me and he was convincing. Initially they offered me a draft version. The actual package was offered me 6-7 days after the interview. They have some approval process from US. I will say this approval process is very slow, one other area that needs improvement.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview was a dream process. My hiring manager arranged me to fly in to Bangalore to attend the interview. All the four rounds were conducted one after another with a 30 minutes break. Interview was mature and highly relevant to position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your design philosophy for software products and specifically for security products?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in January 2012.

Takes quite a bit to get in the door. This tends to be a very slow process. Your best bet is to have it be an employee referral. Their HR department seems to have some turnover so you can get tripped up there. Interviewed for a position and it took 4 weeks to get called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will your employment make a difference for McAfee?   Answer Question
    Since I was out of work there was a take it or leave it attitude from HR manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

There were several rounds of interview, and I was asked about my salary information by the person who interviewed me first. Later on, I realised that he wasn't ask about my salary.

However, every other round that I went through was highly professional, and the HR team was also very helpful and friendly.

The first day was smooth, and I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions
    • They needed me to justify why I'd like to quit my current job, and I felt that this was somewhat tricky.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They were very rigid on what they wanted to offer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

i was called for interview through elitmus but when i reached there i found out there were several rounds. The first round was a technical interview and it was focused on data structures. The second round was a coding exercise(very tough) but the good part is the questions are repeated.

Interview Questions
    • making functions to find out the length of largest left and right substrings in a number whose sum is equal   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Worked directly with the HR manager and it was a very smooth process. There were three interviews scheduled via email. The first interview was a screening call with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Discussed the technical details of the largest cybercrime events in recent history.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions
    • I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in June 2013.

1. First Round will be Telephonic (Technical Discussion)
    2. Second Reound (F2F) (Exploring about Expierence)
    3. Machine Coding (3-5 programs) (Threading, String Manipluation, OOPS concepts)
    4. Hiring Manager (Interest towards the company)
    5. HR round (Discussion about CTC and joining date and the policies)

Interview Questions
    • Multi Threading concepts in Java, OOPS concepts in java, Web Technology, Design patters, Basic SQL queries, String manipulation programs   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee.

1 hour telephonic interview. This was for automation testing. Question on CSS, HTML and JavaScript.
    What is ReST ?
    Difference between PUT and POST.
    When we use POST and when we should use PUT.
    Syntax to change style of element through javascript code.
    Python: How do you run python code.
                  How do you define a function
    Questions on academic project work

Interview Questions
    • Even after explaining the difference interviewer asked me when do you use PUT and when do you use POST.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

There was a screening telephonic interview, followed by face-to-face. Then a call from US.
    Thereafter again a code test. Then manager round, followed by Director. Then HR. This is for McAfee consumer, interview was fairly simple and everything went well.

I already had an offer so the increased it to next band.