McAfee Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

First 2 rounds were the telephonic interview.
    1st one was taken by dev engineer: Basically networing, OS, Kernel.
    2nd round was taken by the hiring manager: He focused on puzzles, and expectations.

Then I was called for F2F, where I have 3 technical, 1 HR, 1 discussion with hire management, then I was offered and i excepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR offer me a package, I will says he was not at all friendly, I will suggest him to improve in this field. Well the hiring manager talked to me and he was convincing. Initially they offered me a draft version. The actual package was offered me 6-7 days after the interview. They have some approval process from US. I will say this approval process is very slow, one other area that needs improvement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in March 2008.

Interview

Interview was a dream process. My hiring manager arranged me to fly in to Bangalore to attend the interview. All the four rounds were conducted one after another with a 30 minutes break. Interview was mature and highly relevant to position.

Interview Questions

• What is your design philosophy for software products and specifically for security products?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Takes quite a bit to get in the door. This tends to be a very slow process. Your best bet is to have it be an employee referral. Their HR department seems to have some turnover so you can get tripped up there. Interviewed for a position and it took 4 weeks to get called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your employment make a difference for McAfee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was out of work there was a take it or leave it attitude from HR manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

There were several rounds of interview, and I was asked about my salary information by the person who interviewed me first. Later on, I realised that he wasn't ask about my salary.

However, every other round that I went through was highly professional, and the HR team was also very helpful and friendly.

The first day was smooth, and I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions

• They needed me to justify why I'd like to quit my current job, and I felt that this was somewhat tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They were very rigid on what they wanted to offer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

i was called for interview through elitmus but when i reached there i found out there were several rounds. The first round was a technical interview and it was focused on data structures. The second round was a coding exercise(very tough) but the good part is the questions are repeated.

Interview Questions

• making functions to find out the length of largest left and right substrings in a number whose sum is equal   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions

• I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

1. First Round will be Telephonic (Technical Discussion)
    2. Second Reound (F2F) (Exploring about Expierence)
    3. Machine Coding (3-5 programs) (Threading, String Manipluation, OOPS concepts)
    4. Hiring Manager (Interest towards the company)
    5. HR round (Discussion about CTC and joining date and the policies)

Interview Questions

• Multi Threading concepts in Java, OOPS concepts in java, Web Technology, Design patters, Basic SQL queries, String manipulation programs   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Screening through phone, one to one, manger will take the interview, HR round & Offer, After joining background verification will be done. if there is any problem with the back groung verifiction then candidates will be asked to provide the documents

Interview Questions

• How to follow the process and if there is any divation in the process how and whom to bring notice   Answer Question

Negotiation

Candidates will be offered as per the standards in the industry

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee (Noida (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Total bogus, they first ask you to give interview as early as possible , once you go through all the process, they ask for your important document like salary slip, information of your current manager , then they don't reply your mail and phone without even giving feedback and after 1 month of ignorance and continuous mailing, they says company policies are changed so sorry for this time...

Interview Questions

• Binary Search Tree, Algorithms, Linked list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Interview process consists of following rounds

1. Telephonic: Technical and High level work exp
    2. Inside office 4 technical rounds + 1 written coding test on pen and paper (familiar algo questions)