McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

2 or 3 face to face rounds with one round with manager and another with HR

Channel Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

comes with a min of 5 round interview policy, a matrix organization.
    Culturally focused & Values oriented. all 5 interviewees were very dynamic, and open about company's culture. be open as open about your personality with them. it's a great opportunity for both party to find out if both parties are a fit.

it was overall a fun interview , got to meet some great people.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in April 2013.

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about your current internship?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

First a phone interview with an internal recruiter regarding my CV and my motivations. After this, an interview in their office with a senior manager. He explained the job and the company and then he checked the CV and asked about me, my technical skills and my strengths in the sale field. The senior manager was very kind to me and professional, I felt at ease with him. I thought it was a good work environment, I am really excited about this position and I hope to get an offer. I'm waiting for their feedback.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Recruiter submitted, met with VP and Director separately discussed expectations. An offer was made within 3 business days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with firing people.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls

Interview Questions
    • There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
    at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

wfh not available

Lead Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

First interview: with the HR: Usuallu goes well, with casual questions about why you want to work there, what experiences you've had in sales and marketing, what skills do you have, any success you'd like to talk about...
    Second interview: with the manager: A bit more technical, about what your aspirations are, how you react to failures, skills...
    Third interview: Face to face with the manager