McAfee

3.1

Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in September 2012.

I did several phone interviews before finally going into the Plano, TX office for a face to face interview. When I arrived to the 3rd floor of their building and guided towards the sales area I immediately got the feeling that this was a telemarketing center. The kind of place that you'd expect to be getting a call from someone raising money for the Policeman's Benevolent Society, March of Dimes or trying to sell you an extended warranty on your car. They have these really small cubes with basically no walls and all the sales reps were totally jammed together, hundreds of them it seemed. It was so loud as I was walking by that I cannot imagine how anyone actually thinks in that office. A lot of the people I saw on the phones were walking around with wireless headsets and walking into other people's work space while talking loudly on the phone. Most of the sales reps were dressed very unprofessionally, the manager that interviewed me was dressed like he was getting ready to go out to a Club for the night. Overall a very negative experience. This might be a great place for people with no sales or technology sales experience to come in and get that experience then move on to somewhere better, somewhere more professional but it wasn't right for me and I turned down the offer that arrived a week later. It wasn't even a really competitive offer compared with others I received in the same market/industry. A coworker who just joined me at my job just came from McAfee and they said that place was a "nightmare and full of children", glad I didn't go there!

Interview Questions
    • What is your 60 day plan if we hire you.   View Answer

The offer was not competitive. Offers from two other technology companies in Dallas were much higher. Above all though the work environment at McAfee is far below expectations, definitely a telemarketing site filled with telemarketing type people.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

I've submitted my application to their web site. After some time (2 months) I've been contacted by their HR and after their screening I've got a phone interview.

The interview was conducted by a couple of their engineers. Basically, they were walking through the list of skills in my resume, checking my knowledge on each of these topics. These questions were not hard, but rather easy.

For design patterns, they asked about Singleton.
    For STL, they asked how STL is implemented.
    When it comes to multithreading, questions were about problems regarding race conditions.
    Other questions were about length of IP address and MAC address.
    The final question was about what happens when someone visit some web address and how server redirects web browser.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

2 or 3 face to face rounds with one round with manager and another with HR

Channel Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

comes with a min of 5 round interview policy, a matrix organization.
    Culturally focused & Values oriented. all 5 interviewees were very dynamic, and open about company's culture. be open as open about your personality with them. it's a great opportunity for both party to find out if both parties are a fit.

it was overall a fun interview , got to meet some great people.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in April 2013.

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about your current internship?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Received an initial call from a recruiter against my application, but the recruiter had the wrong position in front of him at first. Once that was clarified, he said the hiring manager was really interested in my resume. He set-up a phone screen which went well, and then he set up four further phone screens with other managers for a total of five interviews. All of these went well, but then I heard nothing back at all. I sent an inquiry email to the recruiter about three weeks later—heard nothing. I sent another one a couple of months later and heard nothing back again. Because the recruiter scheduled two of the phone screens incorrectly and had trouble with time zones, I'm guessing he lost track of me at some point. To not hear anything after two pleasant notes, however, is just rude and there's no other word for it, especially after taking the time to do five phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where two different groups needed your work but you had limited resources and you couldn't satisfy both?   Answer Question

Software QA/Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

I have worst experience with dell (sonic wall ) , while going with interview process they have 1 telephonic round followed by 4 face to face round .
    2. after that torture will start when it come to interview with director(us), i have given interview at 11.30 PM at night in bangalore
    3. the most worst experience when it come to HR round for salary negotiation , as i already mention my excepted CTC before interview and during interview . but after going through all these torture interview process , in HR round hiring manager unable to giving as expected .
    4. I will not recommend people to go through worst interview process and last you will hear for hirinh HR that dell will not be able to give you as expected .

Interview Questions

Offer was not as expected (CTC)

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

First a phone interview with an internal recruiter regarding my CV and my motivations. After this, an interview in their office with a senior manager. He explained the job and the company and then he checked the CV and asked about me, my technical skills and my strengths in the sale field. The senior manager was very kind to me and professional, I felt at ease with him. I thought it was a good work environment, I am really excited about this position and I hope to get an offer. I'm waiting for their feedback.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Recruiter submitted, met with VP and Director separately discussed expectations. An offer was made within 3 business days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with firing people.   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

HR Sales Recruiter had an intro level conversation over the phone with me however, weren't very familiar with the details of the position or company. Following our 10min call I was told she'd schedule a meeting with the Hiring Manager (boss to be) however, after 10 business days with no communication I was forced to follow up with the recruiter whom returned my email 24hrs later with an apology, saying she'd take immediate care of it. 5 Business days later with no communication I followed up with the recruiter again and was successful with scheduling the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. This call was on track with expectation, gathering an understanding of the role/company and what the next steps would be. Within 7 days I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and regional director, receiving an offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • I've personally been in the space for some time so there were no questions that I had trouble with however, no questions were technical. Everything revolved around my approach with a sales cycle, how I felt about calling into new customers, cold calls, calling executives, etc..   Answer Question
    They initial offer letter was below my expectation so I came back, roughly 15% higher and we met in the middle. Negotiating was very easy and expected from the company.