McAfee Interview Questions

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2011.

had 1 phone interview which was fully technical.. Asked about work exp, database, netowrking and OO concepts.. a bit of algorithms... he was mostly seeing whether my basics were good..
    onsite interview had 4 rounds.. 2 were more on projects, challenges faced etc. Others were technical on similar topics and asked to write code on the board.

Interview Questions
    yes. add 10k more and tell u were expecting that much.. he/she may increase by 3-4k

IT Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in March 2011.

The first round of interviews consisted of a series of 2 30 minute group panel phone interviews. The questions asked included the typical interview questions (What's your biggest weakness, Tell me of a time you had to solve a problem in a group setting, etc) and also consisted of questions regarding my familiarity with the company, and general IT.

The evening of the phone interview,I was invited in for an office visit the following week. The office visit was very stress-free, and consisted of 2, 30-min 1:1 interviews. The first interview mainly was to make sure that all of your questions about the job/role were answered, while the 2nd focused more on abilities

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a 12% raise in my salary. I leveraged an offer that I received in a different city, and was able to argue that the cost of living in Dallas was higher, so a higher salary was warranted

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2011.

took a couple months, I even forgot when it was started. I was interviewed for one team, didn't pass, even I thought I was over-skilled for a job position. HR contacted me again a month later. Another round of interview for another team. Total: phone calls with HR representative, back and force, two phone interviews, two in person.
    First team was asking different range of questions, from personality question to technical skills, all around. Some of them asked the same questions all around.... Some of them didn't know the answer themselves... and had no idea what they were asking. Some of them got bored interviewing and were answering phone calls or played with their phone :-(. I was disappointed.
    Second team was amazing, no stupid questions, very simple programming questions and overall very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about common IP addresses and network connection, just didn't expect it for this position.   Answer Question
    I expected more and I was told more, but they called back and said less. Kinda surprising... I accepted bz of better position I've had at that time.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in September 2010.

I received a phone call from Mcafee and it was fine, then I had another phone interview with the HM and I felt really good, they called me two weeks later to set up a third interview. I called two days later to know when exactly and the HR employee told me to wait a little, then I received an email saying that they had an internal promotion and someone from inside got the job!!

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McAfee in August 2010.

Three interviews and a short writing test. Took about 3 hours. People were nice. They wanted to know what my questions were. I wish I had come with more questions prepared.

Consumer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in May 2010.

Initial phone interview with recruiter in Texas. Screened for salary.
    Came in for 1 round of interviews with 3 peers and 1 manager.
    Returned for 2 round of interview with senior vice president. Very strange--should have been a signal to not take job.

Interview Questions
    • How have proved value within 30 days of hire at your last employer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. take it or leave it.

Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

3 rounds of interview

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Process was long and painful, stops and starts, which took about 2 months. After initial phone interview, went back 3 times to meet with numerous individuals. One interview cancelled the morning of but I still had to meet with another individual so consequently had to return another time.

Interview Questions
    • How will you make an impact in your first 90 days. Good question.   Answer Question
    Short as they raised the salary req based on my experience from what they had originally stated

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in January 2010.

Initial contact around Thanksgiving, then phone interview with hiring manager in early December. No response or followup from them, despite my email followups. Then in early January, request for on-site interview in mid-January. Interview lineup kept changing up to 45 minutes before the interview, including the first person bowing out so interview would start 30 minutes later. Actually enjoyed the interviews, had some good exchanges of ideas and problem-solving, impressed with the caliber of people I was talking with. Then nothing from them for a week. Called to follow up and was told there is now a hiring freeze. Insiders tell me they have 2 quarters a year of hiring freeze. Recruiter told me to "let him know if I saw anything else I was interested in" but no feedback about how I did or that he would keep me in mind in future. Very disappointed in the way things were handled and the time it look to get responses from people.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle someone who is just not doing the work, doesn't get along with anyone, and is generally not working out?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle schedule slips or increased requirements in the middle of a project?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in November 2009.

It is tough interview

Interview Questions
    • Which is running faster by using for loop or while loop with 1,000,000 cycle   View Answer