McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.1

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview. The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the Sales program, with only several applicants offered employment. Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Lead Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in December 2012.

Soon after you post your CV they call you for a phone interview. General questions with an HR Consultant. This consultant appears has to be your mentors for the rest of the interview process.
    Then if you pass it, you have an online test to fill. And afterwards a very brief (About 15min) interview with the hiring manager.
    If you pass all of these, you are invited for an on site interview. Mine should have been in January 2013 but it has been postponed to April. I will be able to say more afterwards.
    On a personal level, all along the recruitment process, I have been in confidence. I have to say this is quite important for me. Every time I need an info, I use to get info soon after I ask them. They seems to be very professional. At this stage, I absolutely recommend anyone to apply at McAfee.

Interview Questions
    • If you preprare your interview, none of them should be tricky or unexpectable.   Answer Question
    Do not take this into consideration. My application is still on-going.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

The process had 1 written exam and 3 rounds of tech interviews.Questions in the written exam: program to implement a Stack in Java, improvise it for generics, implement a queue in Java( without using Collections API), what are private final methods, difference between equals and ==, difference between equals and hashCode.
    Technical Interview Questions: What are the ways to create an Object, Executor Framework, Concurrent APIs, Singleton Pattern, Database questions-stored procedure vs functions, clustered vs non-clustered index, design questions (design a client-server software which will install McAfee agent into an enterprise having thousands of computers), how will you take care of singleton in clustered environment.
    Then there were few telephonic round of interviews with people at US.

Interview Questions
    • If there are 1000 products procuced per minute and 5 consumed per minute, design an optimum using Java Concurrent Packages so that neither producers nor consumers hog the system.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

the written test is arranged by e-litmus for which u might find sample questions on internet.
    their were 60 questions in 2hr 30 mins(20-quant,20 logical,20-english).Quant was very tough equal to CAT level.
    So even attempting 5 correctly will qualify u for next round.. i would suggest to start with logical then english then quant.
    Before this e-litmus test their was a technical objective test with 20 questions in 30 minutes which is
    failrly simple.(general question on OS/give C program output etc.)
    Interviews they were mainly checking ur design capabilities. They asked me to design classes for Minesweeper and asked to write code for checking malicious code in e-mail.
    All the Best

Threat Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in August 2008.

This was a interview that required a mind set that lent itself to working in a stressful enviroment. It started with a test to find maliious code embeded. Then after that you were shown many different email to filter and find discrepencies in the writing to find spam vs ham

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the IT security idustry?   View Answer
    They came in with an offer that I felt was to low, but it went back and forth and between bonuses and salary we found a happy medium

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2012.

Nice process. Entirely set up by staffing firm. Timely feedback received, and process and # of interviewers was streamlined. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, a close co-worker, a director, and a technical interviewer. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, with pertinent questions asked of me, and I was allowed to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • How does my current position relate to this new position?   Answer Question
    Minimal, given it was a contract position.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

The hiring was pretty good and it was very methodical process. I was interviewed for a technical lead position and I got an interview call through a consultant.
    First HR person called and informed me about interview process completely. Then I had one telephonic interview and 3 personal interviews. 2 Technical levels and 1 management round. Then followed by some US interview.

The HR seems to very co-operative and he was online when my entire US interview was going on.

Then final local HR interview happened and I got selected .

Interview Questions
    • 1st round telephonic round was simple. Some basic C++ questions with practical things like how did i handle it ?.
      For e..g, I was interviewed for windows internals , so How to debug a particualar problem and how it was fixed. and C++ questions on inheritance.

2nd round on direct Hands - on, they gave a PC to me and asked to write a code on implementing stack and queue from linked list with ~1 hours time. I finished that.

3rd round was more interesting like how do a data structure for particular situation( I don't remember exact situation) and why did I choose that data structure ?. This guy seems like some manager ( not hiring manager, but he did evaluate me in general as well with some puzzles)

4th round was from US, then it was related to behavior and attitude in team work and how do i resolved conflicts with a team.

5th round was hiring manager and HR round. Pretty standard stuff, like about team structure and McAfee advantage...etc.
        View Answer

I had a better offer with some other company, hence didn't join.
    But later on I got excellent feedback about this company, but it was too late for me to go back.

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

telephonic+2 face to face+ 1 hr

They took 4 rounds of interview, over a span of 10 days, called me down to office, and asked me to fill up joining form, and in the end, till now, did not get offer letter.
    and i doubt if i ever will

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
    • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question

Associate Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in September 2011.

-Be Open minded
    -Tension Free,frank
    -Confident on your answer
    -Show your strength(skills)(UNIQUENESS i.e, research/achievmnts apart frm academics)
    -draw pics wherever nec to explain ur answer
    -presentation should be good , with smiling face..
    -they shud knw dat 'u ve intrst in der company'

Interview Questions
    • write a function to Reverse the given sentence
      eg: I play cricket
      ==> cricket play I
        View Answer
    • What is fuzzing? how DDOS attack is done?   Answer Question
    • database advanced query question(nested queries)   View Answer
    • SQL Injection,xss,ddos,phishing detection   View Answer
    friendly communication uplifting achievemnts/strngth.
    Interviewers were really cool,friendly and awesome.