McAfee

141 candidate interviews

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring was pretty good and it was very methodical process. I was interviewed for a technical lead position and I got an interview call through a consultant.
First HR person called and informed me about interview process completely. Then I had one telephonic interview and 3 personal interviews. 2 Technical levels and 1 management round. Then followed by some US interview.

The HR seems to very co-operative and he was online when my entire US interview was going on.

Then final local HR interview happened and I got selected .

Interview Question – 1st round telephonic round was simple. Some basic C++ questions with practical things like how did i handle it ?.
For e..g, I was interviewed for windows internals , so How to debug a particualar problem and how it was fixed. and C++ questions on inheritance.

2nd round on direct Hands - on, they gave a PC to me and asked to write a code on implementing stack and queue from linked list with ~1 hours time. I finished that.

3rd round was more interesting like how do a data structure for particular situation( I don't remember exact situation) and why did I choose that data structure ?. This guy seems like some manager ( not hiring manager, but he did evaluate me in general as well with some puzzles)

4th round was from US, then it was related to behavior and attitude in team work and how do i resolved conflicts with a team.

5th round was hiring manager and HR round. Pretty standard stuff, like about team structure and McAfee advantage...etc.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer with some other company, hence didn't join.
But later on I got excellent feedback about this company, but it was too late for me to go back.

Senior QA Interview

Senior QA
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

Interview Details – telephonic+2 face to face+ 1 hr

They took 4 rounds of interview, over a span of 10 days, called me down to office, and asked me to fill up joining form, and in the end, till now, did not get offer letter.
and i doubt if i ever will

Interview Question – do you use pirated mcafee antivirus   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview Details – I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions

• What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
  • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question

Associate Software QA Engineer Interview

Associate Software QA Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in September 2011.

Interview Details – -Be Open minded
-Tension Free,frank
-Confident on your answer
-Show your strength(skills)(UNIQUENESS i.e, research/achievmnts apart frm academics)
-draw pics wherever nec to explain ur answer
-presentation should be good , with smiling face..
-they shud knw dat 'u ve intrst in der company'

Interview Questions

• write a function to Reverse the given sentence
    eg: I play cricket
    ==> cricket play I
      View Answer
  • What is fuzzing? how DDOS attack is done?   Answer Question
  • database advanced query question(nested queries)   View Answer
  • SQL Injection,xss,ddos,phishing detection   View Answer

Negotiation Details – friendly communication uplifting achievemnts/strngth.
Interviewers were really cool,friendly and awesome.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward and casual. It was mostly a discussion of my resume and background. I met with about 5 people, all at the vice president or director level, and each interview was 30 or 45 minutes in length. Each person left time at the end of the interview for questions.

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous role? Why are you leaving your position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

Interview Details – most of the question are about OS, Network , C

Interview Question – describe the virtual memory techniques   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Senior Software QA Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

Interview Details – Telephonic round
3 round of interview face to face

They asked questions related to c/c++

Interview Question – Prepare C/C++ questions   Answer Question

Publication Specialist Interview

Publication Specialist
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in July 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted and within a week, received a call from the main campus in California to go through my resume and then set up a phone interview with the team lead. The team lead called at the scheduled time, and we talked for roughly forty minutes about the job requirements and my qualifications. He told me at the end of the call that he would recommend an in-person interview, and I heard back from HR for that interview. The in-person interview took two hours. The first hour was with the development team, and the second hour was with the writing team. People on the teams took turns asking me questions about the position, how I would handle the workload, and what interested me most about the position. The interview ended at almost exactly the two-hour mark, and I spoke briefly with the team lead again before leaving and being told they'd call me to let me know.

Interview Question – How would you handle a last-minute emergency from a writer when you have multiple projects that need attention?   View Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer
Aylesbury, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview Details – After talking to the recruiter, and going through the usual "skills checklist" and "small talk" (personality assessment?), a phone interview (by the hiring manager) was conducted. The interview was mainly technical.

After that, a series of interviews was booked (all during the course of one day). First, there was a C++ test (to be solved by developing software on a stand-alone computer), followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager (of a technical background), then a 1:1 with the director for the division (the hiring manager's manager).

Interview Question – Can't quite remember. Everything was reasonable for the technical level they were hiring for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As I already had an offer from another company at the time of the interviews, McAfee moved forward quite quickly, and made an offer on the next day, quoting they weren't interested in a "bidding war" with the other company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at McAfee in February 2012.

Interview Details – My interview process with McAfee was one of the worst I've experienced in my professional career. I was initially contacted by an internal recruiter with McAfee regarding inside sales opportunities at their Plano, TX office.
I knew that McAfee was owned by Intel and wanted some 'big name' experience, so I followed up to express interest in the opportunity. The internal recruiter contacted me and set up a time for a short discussion with her. The discussion was just some simple background screening questions, and from there, the recruiter stated she'd get me connected with an interview for one of the openings. So far so good.
I had a phone interview with several managers from one of the sales groups within McAfee. The interview went well, but weeks went by with no communication about the interview or what happened with the opening.
Several weeks later, the recruiter contacted me again stating there was great feedback from my interview and that they would set me up with another phone interview. It turns out the next interview I had was with a manager from a completely different group for a different sales opening.
Fast forward several weeks, and the same thing happened 2 other times. I had to explain to each manager I had a phone call with that there was no explanation why I was apparently interviewing with numerous groups instead of going through a sequential process with one group for a specific opening.
Finally, the recruiter calls me and says she'd like to schedule an on-site interview with the Director for a territory within one of the sales segments. The on-site interview went great, but again, I did not receive any feedback from the recruiter. When I followed up after hearing nothing, she said they needed me to speak with one more manager via phone. I assumed (logically) that this would be a final interview for the position I met on-site for. It turned out that this manager was interviewing for a spot on a completely different team!
Finally, I called the recruiter back and said I was interested in continuing in the interview process for the opening I went on-site for. She assured me that they needed me to speak with one last manager they just hired, but that it was in fact for the 'right' job this time. I reluctantly agreed to the final phone call, during which the manager made numerous promises about salary and how I'd be receiving an offer from their team within 7 days, etc. The time quoted passed, so I followed up again after hearing no updates. The manager finally responded personally and basically said that the opening they thought they'd have on that team was no longer available and wanted to know if I'd be interested in a role on one of their other teams! This was after they verbally told me on the phone they'd be meeting and extending an offer!
The bottom line is that there is no communication internally amongst the recruiters, managers, and various teams regarding their openings. I felt like since McAfee is owned by Intel and a relatively large company, that they'd have a structured process in place for conducting interviews and hiring. This is clearly not the case and proved to be a huge waste of time. It's amazing to me that they can operate with the level of disorganization and dysfunction I experienced. If anything, it served as a horrible omen for what working there might be like and made me realize it'd be smart to decline any offer they did end up extending. I would recommend saving yourself the grief of dealing with them.

Interview Question – What makes you interested in sales?   Answer Question