McAfee Interview Questions

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

Submitted resume through college career office in late April. Received interview invitation 3 weeks later, scheduled interview 4 weeks later. Panel interview with sales rep and support account manager. Fairly basic interview; no hard technical questions. Very willing to explain company's products.

Stipend was pre-negotiated with my college, but final amount was not revealed until well after the internship.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in September 2010.

I received a phone call from Mcafee and it was fine, then I had another phone interview with the HM and I felt really good, they called me two weeks later to set up a third interview. I called two days later to know when exactly and the HR employee told me to wait a little, then I received an email saying that they had an internal promotion and someone from inside got the job!!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in January 2008.

Very quick as I believe I was right for the job and offered immediately

Fair

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

The interview process was pretty straightforward and casual. It was mostly a discussion of my resume and background. I met with about 5 people, all at the vice president or director level, and each interview was 30 or 45 minutes in length. Each person left time at the end of the interview for questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your previous role? Why are you leaving your position?   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2011.

took a couple months, I even forgot when it was started. I was interviewed for one team, didn't pass, even I thought I was over-skilled for a job position. HR contacted me again a month later. Another round of interview for another team. Total: phone calls with HR representative, back and force, two phone interviews, two in person.
    First team was asking different range of questions, from personality question to technical skills, all around. Some of them asked the same questions all around.... Some of them didn't know the answer themselves... and had no idea what they were asking. Some of them got bored interviewing and were answering phone calls or played with their phone :-(. I was disappointed.
    Second team was amazing, no stupid questions, very simple programming questions and overall very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about common IP addresses and network connection, just didn't expect it for this position.   Answer Question
    I expected more and I was told more, but they called back and said less. Kinda surprising... I accepted bz of better position I've had at that time.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

Got a call and they asked some questions and said they would call back if they were interested. 3 days later I got a call back and scheduled a 1:1 interview with an HR person. She asked the usual interview questions. 3 days later I got a call back for a group interview where everyone answered questions, introduced yourselves, and then we each got to meet and talk with the manager 1 on 1. After that they called back 5 days later and said I had got the job and to come in for salary negotiations and to discuss benefits, and all that.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing you had to do on a job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

most of the question are about OS, Network , C

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in August 2012.

First they shortlist few candidates from E-Litmus scores, which includes Quantitative, Problem Solving and Verbal, then they take Technical objective exam.
    Then 2-3 rounds of Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basics of Core Java and small tricky programs on arrays   Answer Question