McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

3.1

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Interview

Great! Streamlined! Fast! This is much improved, as I saw as a re-tread, from the early hiring process. I see the introduction of this process as a positive aspect.

Interview Questions

• Can I do the job? Interesting how it made me rethink my abilities and how I can do the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, but added some time to the transition

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

1 hour telephonic interview. This was for automation testing. Question on CSS, HTML and JavaScript.
    What is ReST ?
    Difference between PUT and POST.
    When we use POST and when we should use PUT.
    Syntax to change style of element through javascript code.
    Python: How do you run python code.
                  How do you define a function
    Questions on academic project work

Interview Questions

• Even after explaining the difference interviewer asked me when do you use PUT and when do you use POST.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

There was a screening telephonic interview, followed by face-to-face. Then a call from US.
    Thereafter again a code test. Then manager round, followed by Director. Then HR. This is for McAfee consumer, interview was fairly simple and everything went well.

Negotiation

I already had an offer so the increased it to next band.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in August 2012.

Interview

Company came to our college for recruitment.Consisted of 4 rounds.
    1.Aptitude test: Consisted of c++ programming multiple choice and quant questions.Pretty easy.
    2.Technical Interview: Asked on basics of c++ like program to reverse a string and on data structures.
    3.Technical Interview: This time was asked to code few programs related to trees and graphs.
    4.HR: was asked few puzzles.if you know them previously you can ace them.

ITSM Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Lead Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in January 2013.

Interview

Two interview with Recruitment and then one with the Hiring manager (your future boss). We then proceeded to have an assessment day which involved 121 interviews with sales managers on a 121 basis plus a group presentation

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an instance when you showed initiative and leadership?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter 2 months after applying. After the HR phone screen, spoke to the hiring manager on the phone and then was invited for a combination of onsite and phone interviews - 4 rounds each 10 days apart. I wish the interview process was more cohesive. After the last interview did not hear back from the recruiter despite emailing several times.

Interview Questions

• What would your co-workers say about you?. How would you evaluate our marketing processes?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

Interview

I did one phone screening, two interviews and a software test at codility.com
    All three interviews wasn't technical, was about team project at university
    and my previous experience. After the phone screening which was a mix
    of technical questions about arrays, pointers and algorithms, I did a phone
    interview with two members of the team. A week later I did an interview
    and a coding test with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of conflict in a team and how did you respond.   Answer Question