McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2015.

The recruiter contacted me and did a phone screen. I did not get any feedback until 4 weeks later where he contacted me and wanted to bring me for interview with the team. The first round was scheduled for 5 interviewers but only 4 turn up. The interview question was simple and I did not get any feedback from the recruiter. After 3 weeks, he emailed and he wanted to bring me for another round of interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team members. They have bad track record where the interviewer did not turn up and they promised to arrange for phone interview so I don't have to come back to in-person interview. The interview was straight forward product management questions and each sessions was for 45 mins long. I did not hear anything for 2 months after the 2nd interview session. No email or call to update on the status.

Interview Questions
    • Which product you manage and why you feel so proud of it? Standard PM question.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

HR Sales Recruiter had an intro level conversation over the phone with me however, weren't very familiar with the details of the position or company. Following our 10min call I was told she'd schedule a meeting with the Hiring Manager (boss to be) however, after 10 business days with no communication I was forced to follow up with the recruiter whom returned my email 24hrs later with an apology, saying she'd take immediate care of it. 5 Business days later with no communication I followed up with the recruiter again and was successful with scheduling the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. This call was on track with expectation, gathering an understanding of the role/company and what the next steps would be. Within 7 days I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and regional director, receiving an offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • I've personally been in the space for some time so there were no questions that I had trouble with however, no questions were technical. Everything revolved around my approach with a sales cycle, how I felt about calling into new customers, cold calls, calling executives, etc..   Answer Question
    They initial offer letter was below my expectation so I came back, roughly 15% higher and we met in the middle. Negotiating was very easy and expected from the company.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Great! Streamlined! Fast! This is much improved, as I saw as a re-tread, from the early hiring process. I see the introduction of this process as a positive aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Can I do the job? Interesting how it made me rethink my abilities and how I can do the job.   View Answer
    Easy, but added some time to the transition

Lead Develop Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

I had applied online and was contacted after one wk by a recruiter, the first telephone interview was with basic questions about my experience in cold call sales and the way I handle now the phone calls (I was working in a Call Center at the time).

Second interview over the phone was with my future Line Manager. The questions were about ability to disuss with enduser, IT Manager and generate sale interest. Third interview was face to face like a panel interview.

The three interviews were spead over more than 2 months, they are much slower than other IT. Meanwhile I was offered a position in a different comp.

The salary for me would have been 1,800euro per month which I thought was really small. I've found somebody in McAfee Cork to give me more details and told me there is no salary increase yearly, no promotion possibility and that my job would be making a minimum of 70 call every day. My wish was to step away from the call center and telephone calls.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

I did one phone screening, two interviews and a software test at codility.com
    All three interviews wasn't technical, was about team project at university
    and my previous experience. After the phone screening which was a mix
    of technical questions about arrays, pointers and algorithms, I did a phone
    interview with two members of the team. A week later I did an interview
    and a coding test with a supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of conflict in a team and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

I started as a consultant and was brought on full time shortly after. Initial interview was a phone interview for the consultant role. Sr. Financial Analyst position interview was very informal since I was already on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Specifics regarding technical background   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls

Interview Questions
    • There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.