McAfee

Average Difficulty
140 candidate interviews

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online but called for a different postion. But bad experirnce.Two times the hiring manager missed the phone call. and twice rescheduled on site interview at the last minute.

Interview Question – Very good Interview. Only questions pertaining to the job .   View Answer

Partner Operations Manager Interview

Partner Operations Manager

I applied online - interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview Details – 2-3 weeks after initial phone screening with the recruiter a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager (Director) but she could not make it at the last minute & I was interviewed by her senior manager. After that 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview with 4 team members and the Director(hiring manager) of the team.

Surprisingly, I was called in for a particular role but the recruiter had informed the interviewers about a different role. Some serious mismatch happened but I was told both roles were still open which I doubted. I spent 2.5hrs at their office interviewing

After which I did not hear anything for a month. I was not expecting much & my interest level was low but as a courtesy I was expecting a closing considering I went to their office and spent 2-3 hours. So I sent a note to the recruiter to check the status and was told they are proceeding with another candidate.

The whole process, communication and closing out candidates looked very disjointed. Maybe the recruiters are overworked or just do not have a process to track which candidate is being sent for which role.

Interview Question – Map out the process for launching new features in an existing product and getting buy in from Eng..   Answer Question

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Partner Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Interview Question – None very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inflexible

Manager Interview

Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – It was a great experience, fast and with good communication between me and HR.

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, there's one component of their variable salary that's not clearly explained in the process. It's the MBO part, which is also part of the Sales Teams variable salary. This varies, but can represent from 5% (if you are an Individual Contributor) up to 20% (if you are a Sales People Manager). For those who are in the second scenario, watch out! This MBO is quarterly paid and it can be difficult to get (1 or 2/year at most). Also it's presented as "sales targets"…Generally it's linked to sales attainment (seasonality), this is why it's difficult to get. Apart from it, it's a nice place to work.

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Marketing Operations Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at McAfee in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was smooth with quick follow-ups. THe first round was with the direct hiring manager and the other subsequent rounds were just to give you a feel of your stakeholders and counterparts.

Interview Question – It was nothing difficult, as long as you are confident in what you are saying   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two round phone interview, first manager and then team member interview.

Interview Question – Manager interview is about background experience of education, project experience details, and language preference. Team member interview is about basic technical questions. Algorithms of Mathematical problem of get series of numbers from number a to number b, SQL basic problem of outer join and inner join, balanced binary search tree and binary search tree problem.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – There was one initial phone call with the HR. After that, another phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to complete a design assignment in addition.

There was three parts to the on-site Interview process. The first is a group presentation to the entire design team for about a hour. The second part includes several 1 on 1 with key stakeholders (product managers, sr. engineers, members of the design team, hiring manager), and with enough time left, you will do a design exercise with several design team members. The design exercise lasts about a hour where they will give you an example problem/project and you will role play and respond to the scenario. The entire on-site interview process could take up to 5 hours.

If they have doubts about your skill, be prepared for a second on-site interview or even more design assignments that you will have to complete.

Interview Question – The design exercise can throw some candidates off. Some good advices - be very authentic to who you are. Note that it really isn't about the design solution you come up with. They are not looking for the right answer, but your thinking process and the way you interact with other design team members.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through college career office in late April. Received interview invitation 3 weeks later, scheduled interview 4 weeks later. Panel interview with sales rep and support account manager. Fairly basic interview; no hard technical questions. Very willing to explain company's products.

Negotiation Details – Stipend was pre-negotiated with my college, but final amount was not revealed until well after the internship.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was employee referal. I had 1 telephonic, 1 technical, 1 technical manager and 1 HR. It started with telephonic round, more on c++ questoins : virtual destructor, constructors, virtual functions. Then next day i was called for face to face where more focus on linux kernel internals and asked to write a program to implement singleton pattern. Then after a week i got a call for technical manager round where questions are on network security and networking fundamentals. Then Final HR round

Interview Question – Bit deeper into c++ but not tough, all standard c++ questions. Be prepared with networking basics, c, c++, data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One of the best HR round. There was no negotiation, they offered what i was looking for.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – They took months to process and then asked for my background check but proceed with other candidate even though background check was clear.

Interview Question – They asked to write code on white board.
Question : write the algorithm for word file history.
  Answer Question