McAfee

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.1

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Great! Streamlined! Fast! This is much improved, as I saw as a re-tread, from the early hiring process. I see the introduction of this process as a positive aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Can I do the job? Interesting how it made me rethink my abilities and how I can do the job.   View Answer
    Easy, but added some time to the transition

Lead Develop Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

I had applied online and was contacted after one wk by a recruiter, the first telephone interview was with basic questions about my experience in cold call sales and the way I handle now the phone calls (I was working in a Call Center at the time).

Second interview over the phone was with my future Line Manager. The questions were about ability to disuss with enduser, IT Manager and generate sale interest. Third interview was face to face like a panel interview.

The three interviews were spead over more than 2 months, they are much slower than other IT. Meanwhile I was offered a position in a different comp.

The salary for me would have been 1,800euro per month which I thought was really small. I've found somebody in McAfee Cork to give me more details and told me there is no salary increase yearly, no promotion possibility and that my job would be making a minimum of 70 call every day. My wish was to step away from the call center and telephone calls.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls

Interview Questions
    • There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
    at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

wfh not available

Lead Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

First interview: with the HR: Usuallu goes well, with casual questions about why you want to work there, what experiences you've had in sales and marketing, what skills do you have, any success you'd like to talk about...
    Second interview: with the manager: A bit more technical, about what your aspirations are, how you react to failures, skills...
    Third interview: Face to face with the manager

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Multiple rounds of phone interviews from Sr. leadership team from India and US followed by a face to face interview by a panel of hiring manager and other sr leadership. Overall interview process was done quickly post this final offer took too long...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific. Mostly tried to see the fitment to the specific role.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Applied online but called for a different postion. But bad experirnce.Two times the hiring manager missed the phone call. and twice rescheduled on site interview at the last minute.

Interview Questions
    • Very good Interview. Only questions pertaining to the job .   View Answer

Partner Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

2-3 weeks after initial phone screening with the recruiter a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager (Director) but she could not make it at the last minute & I was interviewed by her senior manager. After that 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview with 4 team members and the Director(hiring manager) of the team.

Surprisingly, I was called in for a particular role but the recruiter had informed the interviewers about a different role. Some serious mismatch happened but I was told both roles were still open which I doubted. I spent 2.5hrs at their office interviewing

After which I did not hear anything for a month. I was not expecting much & my interest level was low but as a courtesy I was expecting a closing considering I went to their office and spent 2-3 hours. So I sent a note to the recruiter to check the status and was told they are proceeding with another candidate.

The whole process, communication and closing out candidates looked very disjointed. Maybe the recruiters are overworked or just do not have a process to track which candidate is being sent for which role.

Interview Questions
    • Map out the process for launching new features in an existing product and getting buy in from Eng..   Answer Question