McAfee

3.1

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in September 2010.

I received a phone call from Mcafee and it was fine, then I had another phone interview with the HM and I felt really good, they called me two weeks later to set up a third interview. I called two days later to know when exactly and the HR employee told me to wait a little, then I received an email saying that they had an internal promotion and someone from inside got the job!!

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McAfee in August 2010.

Three interviews and a short writing test. Took about 3 hours. People were nice. They wanted to know what my questions were. I wish I had come with more questions prepared.

Consumer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in May 2010.

Initial phone interview with recruiter in Texas. Screened for salary.
    Came in for 1 round of interviews with 3 peers and 1 manager.
    Returned for 2 round of interview with senior vice president. Very strange--should have been a signal to not take job.

Interview Questions
    • How have proved value within 30 days of hire at your last employer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. take it or leave it.

Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

3 rounds of interview

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Process was long and painful, stops and starts, which took about 2 months. After initial phone interview, went back 3 times to meet with numerous individuals. One interview cancelled the morning of but I still had to meet with another individual so consequently had to return another time.

Interview Questions
    • How will you make an impact in your first 90 days. Good question.   Answer Question
    Short as they raised the salary req based on my experience from what they had originally stated

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2010.

Initial contact around Thanksgiving, then phone interview with hiring manager in early December. No response or followup from them, despite my email followups. Then in early January, request for on-site interview in mid-January. Interview lineup kept changing up to 45 minutes before the interview, including the first person bowing out so interview would start 30 minutes later. Actually enjoyed the interviews, had some good exchanges of ideas and problem-solving, impressed with the caliber of people I was talking with. Then nothing from them for a week. Called to follow up and was told there is now a hiring freeze. Insiders tell me they have 2 quarters a year of hiring freeze. Recruiter told me to "let him know if I saw anything else I was interested in" but no feedback about how I did or that he would keep me in mind in future. Very disappointed in the way things were handled and the time it look to get responses from people.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle someone who is just not doing the work, doesn't get along with anyone, and is generally not working out?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle schedule slips or increased requirements in the middle of a project?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in November 2009.

It is tough interview

Interview Questions
    • Which is running faster by using for loop or while loop with 1,000,000 cycle   View Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in July 2009.

t1st interview hrough a recruiter. Then, an in-person interview with the direct manager. Then, you're hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you feel is a negative about you?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

FP&A Marketing BU Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in March 2009.

Good team, good head for the business, nice enviroment. I did not get a chance to speak with Upper management.

Interview Questions

I had to make the hard decision of choosing between two offers and even harder th other offer was with a competitor - I think I made the right choice but you never know.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in February 2009.

The team wasn't very clear on the requirements of the position. Although they had a job description, when interviewing they described the tasks and goals of the position in a way that the market is not measuring them. At least not at the cutting edge of the profession, which is something they advertised they needed, but not really inquiring about. Instead, they focused on abilities that were key 10 years ago in the field of procurement, but not in this day and time. Namely, they were trying to get a top-bottom approach to improving the strategic sourcing process, but the people at the top were not really familiar with the concept, and the people in the trenches were vastly under-qualified for the job they were supposed to be doing. The company was trying to get someone to train the fron-line team and create a solid set of performers from a team that in my mind wasn't really ready for such a massive corporate overhaul.