McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in July 2009.

t1st interview hrough a recruiter. Then, an in-person interview with the direct manager. Then, you're hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you feel is a negative about you?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

FP&A Marketing BU Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in March 2009.

Good team, good head for the business, nice enviroment. I did not get a chance to speak with Upper management.

Interview Questions

I had to make the hard decision of choosing between two offers and even harder th other offer was with a competitor - I think I made the right choice but you never know.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in February 2009.

The team wasn't very clear on the requirements of the position. Although they had a job description, when interviewing they described the tasks and goals of the position in a way that the market is not measuring them. At least not at the cutting edge of the profession, which is something they advertised they needed, but not really inquiring about. Instead, they focused on abilities that were key 10 years ago in the field of procurement, but not in this day and time. Namely, they were trying to get a top-bottom approach to improving the strategic sourcing process, but the people at the top were not really familiar with the concept, and the people in the trenches were vastly under-qualified for the job they were supposed to be doing. The company was trying to get someone to train the fron-line team and create a solid set of performers from a team that in my mind wasn't really ready for such a massive corporate overhaul.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in January 2009.

stressful interview with lots of detailed questions

Interview Questions
    • detailed questions about best technology practice for different vertical industries   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2009.

1. Initial Phone Interview.
    2. 6 One on One interviews
    3. HR Screening (BG check etc)
    4. Offer

Interview Questions
    • 1. You think Certifications such as CISSP makes a difference?   Answer Question
    1. Keep it simple and dont play games.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in October 2008.

McAfee internal contact reached out to make a recruiting effort for a new position he was creating. Went through extensive phone discussions, all of which sounded great, but as we started talking about the meat of the matter it became clear that this was a pet project rather than a broad strategic role as originally described. I was concerned it wouldn't have genuine support elsewhere inside the business and withdrew from the process.

Interview Questions

Didn't feel it was as substantial a position as originally described.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Pretty straight forward. Easy questions about basic OS commands.

Interview Questions
    • Command syntax of Unix commands, and exact system file locations   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Threat Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in August 2008.

This was a interview that required a mind set that lent itself to working in a stressful enviroment. It started with a test to find maliious code embeded. Then after that you were shown many different email to filter and find discrepencies in the writing to find spam vs ham

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the IT security idustry?   View Answer
    They came in with an offer that I felt was to low, but it went back and forth and between bonuses and salary we found a happy medium

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in January 2008.

Very quick as I believe I was right for the job and offered immediately

Fair

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

It consisted five rounds :
    Round 1 : Wrirten test on basics of Java, C and Data Structures. It was damn easy. 20 questions in 30 minutes. I guess those could be solved in less than 15 minutes. Questions were based on array declaration, simple questions on stacks, queues, linked lists, BSTs and arrays.

Round 2: Out of 60, 24 were selected this round. It was technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. Write node structure of linked list in C?
    2. Write a C program to detect loop in a linked list?
    3. Write a program to reverse a linked list? 4. Write a program to reverse a linked list which contains a loop? Header node would be node where loop started.
    I answered them all in one go. Interviewer was happy with my confidence and appraised me.

Round 3 : 12 were selected for this round. Again it was a technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. You have four identical looking tablets. Two are for cold and two are for fever. You have to take one fever and one cold tablet. Overdose may kill you. All tablets lie in same category container.
    2. How to delete a node in a linked list pointer to which is given?
    3. Swap even and odd bits in a 32 bit integer.
    4. Implement queue using two stacks.
    5. You have 25 horses and 5 lanes. 5 horses can race at a time. Minimum no. of races required to find top three horses.
    6. How will you detect that two numbers on addition will overflow integer range?

Interviewers were a Sardarji and one other friendly guy. They greeted me and motivated me very well.

Round 4 : Only 7 were selected for this round. Again interviewer was friendly and told me various things about McAfee and their Gurgaon Wing.
    1. How would you find median of two sorted arrays and its optimized solution?
    I did that and he said "Cool". Actually, I don't know why they were asking so easy questions.
    Then we had a long discussion on Over flow in adding two numbers and I suggested him a way and persuaded him successfully that my method was best.

Interview Questions
    • ROUND 5 : only 3 were selected. Interviewers were very friendly again.
      How will you test your phone?
        Answer Question
    • How will you test that a text box accepting only one character between A-Z is working correctly.   Answer Question
    • What exceptions may occur if you want to read a file from disk?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase as I was a fresher. But yes I got location of my choice and Associate SDE and not Associate SDET as profile.