McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
    question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

First a phone interview with an internal recruiter regarding my CV and my motivations. After this, an interview in their office with a senior manager. He explained the job and the company and then he checked the CV and asked about me, my technical skills and my strengths in the sale field. The senior manager was very kind to me and professional, I felt at ease with him. I thought it was a good work environment, I am really excited about this position and I hope to get an offer. I'm waiting for their feedback.

Partner Operations Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

2-3 weeks after initial phone screening with the recruiter a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager (Director) but she could not make it at the last minute & I was interviewed by her senior manager. After that 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview with 4 team members and the Director(hiring manager) of the team.

Surprisingly, I was called in for a particular role but the recruiter had informed the interviewers about a different role. Some serious mismatch happened but I was told both roles were still open which I doubted. I spent 2.5hrs at their office interviewing

After which I did not hear anything for a month. I was not expecting much & my interest level was low but as a courtesy I was expecting a closing considering I went to their office and spent 2-3 hours. So I sent a note to the recruiter to check the status and was told they are proceeding with another candidate.

The whole process, communication and closing out candidates looked very disjointed. Maybe the recruiters are overworked or just do not have a process to track which candidate is being sent for which role.

Interview Questions
    • Map out the process for launching new features in an existing product and getting buy in from Eng..   Answer Question

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Multiple rounds of phone interviews from Sr. leadership team from India and US followed by a face to face interview by a panel of hiring manager and other sr leadership. Overall interview process was done quickly post this final offer took too long...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific. Mostly tried to see the fitment to the specific role.   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

First interview: with the HR: Usuallu goes well, with casual questions about why you want to work there, what experiences you've had in sales and marketing, what skills do you have, any success you'd like to talk about...
    Second interview: with the manager: A bit more technical, about what your aspirations are, how you react to failures, skills...
    Third interview: Face to face with the manager

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
    at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

wfh not available

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls

Interview Questions
    • There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at McAfee in December 2012.

The hiring process was smooth with quick follow-ups. THe first round was with the direct hiring manager and the other subsequent rounds were just to give you a feel of your stakeholders and counterparts.

Interview Questions
    • It was nothing difficult, as long as you are confident in what you are saying   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

It was a great experience, fast and with good communication between me and HR.

Unfortunately, there's one component of their variable salary that's not clearly explained in the process. It's the MBO part, which is also part of the Sales Teams variable salary. This varies, but can represent from 5% (if you are an Individual Contributor) up to 20% (if you are a Sales People Manager). For those who are in the second scenario, watch out! This MBO is quarterly paid and it can be difficult to get (1 or 2/year at most). Also it's presented as "sales targets"…Generally it's linked to sales attainment (seasonality), this is why it's difficult to get. Apart from it, it's a nice place to work.