Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee
- Software Engineer (10)
- Senior Software Engineer (10)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (8)
- Software Development Engineer (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Software QA Engineer (6)
- Intern (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Lead Development Representative (4)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (4)
- Manager (4)
- Engineering (3)
- Senior Software QA Engineer (3)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Graduate Software Engineer (2)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Principal Engineer (2)
- Technical Lead (2)
- Associate Software Dev Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Cloud Engineering (1)
- Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate (1)
- Partner Operations Manager (1)
- Lead Level (1)
- Tier II Technical Support Engineer (1)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at McAfee (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).
It was a great experience, fast and with good communication between me and HR.
Unfortunately, there's one component of their variable salary that's not clearly explained in the process. It's the MBO part, which is also part of the Sales Teams variable salary. This varies, but can represent from 5% (if you are an Individual Contributor) up to 20% (if you are a Sales People Manager). For those who are in the second scenario, watch out! This MBO is quarterly paid and it can be difficult to get (1 or 2/year at most). Also it's presented as "sales targets"…Generally it's linked to sales attainment (seasonality), this is why it's difficult to get. Apart from it, it's a nice place to work.
Other Interview Reviews for McAfee
Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at McAfee in August 2011.
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2009.
stressful interview with lots of detailed questions
- detailed questions about best technology practice for different vertical industries Answer Question
Manager InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at McAfee in August 2009.
The company contacted me regarding a position. All communications were very responsive and detailed. Very thorough and professional interview process. Great recruiting staff and hiring manager was well versed in interviewing skills.
- Provide three reasons why subordinates like working with you. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Family did not want to relocate.