McAfee Interview Questions in Plano, TX

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team. Overall the interview experience was horrible. The interview was about 30 mins. The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio. Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place? Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before? Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10. All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I started as a consultant and was brought on full time shortly after. Initial interview was a phone interview for the consultant role. Sr. Financial Analyst position interview was very informal since I was already on the team.

Interview Questions

• Specifics regarding technical background   1 Answer

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up. The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations. One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?" That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?" After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight. Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time. I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :| And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's. Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me? Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Questions

• Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter 2 months after applying. After the HR phone screen, spoke to the hiring manager on the phone and then was invited for a combination of onsite and phone interviews - 4 rounds each 10 days apart. I wish the interview process was more cohesive. After the last interview did not hear back from the recruiter despite emailing several times.

Interview Questions

• What would your co-workers say about you?. How would you evaluate our marketing processes?   Answer Question

IT Global Security Services Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX).

Interview

1st meeting at University career fair Interview for phone interview, within 1 week 30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager Pleasant interview, not a stress interview 14 days before announcing decision only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy Interview process, Most of hiring managers were relatively new.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE....they didn't care about experience or performance, just wanted a warm body

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I did several phone interviews before finally going into the Plano, TX office for a face to face interview. When I arrived to the 3rd floor of their building and guided towards the sales area I immediately got the feeling that this was a telemarketing center. The kind of place that you'd expect to be getting a call from someone raising money for the Policeman's Benevolent Society, March of Dimes or trying to sell you an extended warranty on your car. They have these really small cubes with basically no walls and all the sales reps were totally jammed together, hundreds of them it seemed. It was so loud as I was walking by that I cannot imagine how anyone actually thinks in that office. A lot of the people I saw on the phones were walking around with wireless headsets and walking into other people's work space while talking loudly on the phone. Most of the sales reps were dressed very unprofessionally, the manager that interviewed me was dressed like he was getting ready to go out to a Club for the night. Overall a very negative experience. This might be a great place for people with no sales or technology sales experience to come in and get that experience then move on to somewhere better, somewhere more professional but it wasn't right for me and I turned down the offer that arrived a week later. It wasn't even a really competitive offer compared with others I received in the same market/industry. A coworker who just joined me at my job just came from McAfee and they said that place was a "nightmare and full of children", glad I didn't go there!

Interview Questions

• What is your 60 day plan if we hire you.   1 Answer

The offer was not competitive. Offers from two other technology companies in Dallas were much higher. Above all though the work environment at McAfee is far below expectations, definitely a telemarketing site filled with telemarketing type people.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Sales Recruiter had an intro level conversation over the phone with me however, weren't very familiar with the details of the position or company. Following our 10min call I was told she'd schedule a meeting with the Hiring Manager (boss to be) however, after 10 business days with no communication I was forced to follow up with the recruiter whom returned my email 24hrs later with an apology, saying she'd take immediate care of it. 5 Business days later with no communication I followed up with the recruiter again and was successful with scheduling the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. This call was on track with expectation, gathering an understanding of the role/company and what the next steps would be. Within 7 days I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and regional director, receiving an offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions

• I've personally been in the space for some time so there were no questions that I had trouble with however, no questions were technical. Everything revolved around my approach with a sales cycle, how I felt about calling into new customers, cold calls, calling executives, etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

They initial offer letter was below my expectation so I came back, roughly 15% higher and we met in the middle. Negotiating was very easy and expected from the company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

What a joke, the "sales manager" who interviewed me was a complete moron. They must have googled for obscure interview questions and had no idea what they were asking me for because I asked them to clarify some of thier questions and they stared at me blankly... Sell me this pencil? Really? 1985 called and they want their interviewing tactics back. Offer received and offer declined. No thanks... I wasn't a fan of thier office layout anyway, terrible cube/pod layout. No privacy or professionalism there and the pay package wasn't competitive.

Interview Questions

Dumb managers, bad interviewing skills, terrible work place environment.