McAfee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact around Thanksgiving, then phone interview with hiring manager in early December. No response or followup from them, despite my email followups. Then in early January, request for on-site interview in mid-January. Interview lineup kept changing up to 45 minutes before the interview, including the first person bowing out so interview would start 30 minutes later. Actually enjoyed the interviews, had some good exchanges of ideas and problem-solving, impressed with the caliber of people I was talking with. Then nothing from them for a week. Called to follow up and was told there is now a hiring freeze. Insiders tell me they have 2 quarters a year of hiring freeze. Recruiter told me to "let him know if I saw anything else I was interested in" but no feedback about how I did or that he would keep me in mind in future. Very disappointed in the way things were handled and the time it look to get responses from people.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone who is just not doing the work, doesn't get along with anyone, and is generally not working out?   Answer Question
  • How do you handle schedule slips or increased requirements in the middle of a project?   Answer Question

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!