McAfee Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Cloud Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company website and got a call in approximately 2 weeks. The first round was a telephonic interview which mainly concentrated on my previous projects. All the questions were related to academic projects and previous work projects. The second round was a technical interview on C/C++ programming language. All standard questions of which most of them are available in glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• All important concepts in C++ like exception handling, auto pointer, virtual functions   Answer Question

Software Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

No reimburse, Drive myself from LA to SF around 5hour. I leaved early 3am to arrive 9:30 interview. Most of interview process is good and kind people, but manager interview was very awful experience. The manager asked very personal questions about working legal eligibility.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two round phone interview, first manager and then team member interview.

Interview Questions

• Manager interview is about background experience of education, project experience details, and language preference. Team member interview is about basic technical questions. Algorithms of Mathematical problem of get series of numbers from number a to number b, SQL basic problem of outer join and inner join, balanced binary search tree and binary search tree problem.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

There was one initial phone call with the HR. After that, another phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to complete a design assignment in addition. There was three parts to the on-site Interview process. The first is a group presentation to the entire design team for about a hour. The second part includes several 1 on 1 with key stakeholders (product managers, sr. engineers, members of the design team, hiring manager), and with enough time left, you will do a design exercise with several design team members. The design exercise lasts about a hour where they will give you an example problem/project and you will role play and respond to the scenario. The entire on-site interview process could take up to 5 hours. If they have doubts about your skill, be prepared for a second on-site interview or even more design assignments that you will have to complete.

Interview Questions

• The design exercise can throw some candidates off. Some good advices - be very authentic to who you are. Note that it really isn't about the design solution you come up with. They are not looking for the right answer, but your thinking process and the way you interact with other design team members.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview. on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.