McAfee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Interview Details – Process was long and painful, stops and starts, which took about 2 months. After initial phone interview, went back 3 times to meet with numerous individuals. One interview cancelled the morning of but I still had to meet with another individual so consequently had to return another time.

Interview Question – How will you make an impact in your first 90 days. Good question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short as they raised the salary req based on my experience from what they had originally stated

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two round phone interview, first manager and then team member interview.

Interview Question – Manager interview is about background experience of education, project experience details, and language preference. Team member interview is about basic technical questions. Algorithms of Mathematical problem of get series of numbers from number a to number b, SQL basic problem of outer join and inner join, balanced binary search tree and binary search tree problem.   Answer Question

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Partner Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Interview Question – None very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inflexible

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – There was one initial phone call with the HR. After that, another phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to complete a design assignment in addition.

There was three parts to the on-site Interview process. The first is a group presentation to the entire design team for about a hour. The second part includes several 1 on 1 with key stakeholders (product managers, sr. engineers, members of the design team, hiring manager), and with enough time left, you will do a design exercise with several design team members. The design exercise lasts about a hour where they will give you an example problem/project and you will role play and respond to the scenario. The entire on-site interview process could take up to 5 hours.

If they have doubts about your skill, be prepared for a second on-site interview or even more design assignments that you will have to complete.

Interview Question – The design exercise can throw some candidates off. Some good advices - be very authentic to who you are. Note that it really isn't about the design solution you come up with. They are not looking for the right answer, but your thinking process and the way you interact with other design team members.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Question – You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

UI Developer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2011.

Interview Details – took a couple months, I even forgot when it was started. I was interviewed for one team, didn't pass, even I thought I was over-skilled for a job position. HR contacted me again a month later. Another round of interview for another team. Total: phone calls with HR representative, back and force, two phone interviews, two in person.
First team was asking different range of questions, from personality question to technical skills, all around. Some of them asked the same questions all around.... Some of them didn't know the answer themselves... and had no idea what they were asking. Some of them got bored interviewing and were answering phone calls or played with their phone :-(. I was disappointed.
Second team was amazing, no stupid questions, very simple programming questions and overall very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Asked about common IP addresses and network connection, just didn't expect it for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I expected more and I was told more, but they called back and said less. Kinda surprising... I accepted bz of better position I've had at that time.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Software Engineer Back End
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

Interview Details – got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Interview Question – many unexpected questions from manager.   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Question – The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Question – Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!