McAfee Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

3.2

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Inflexible

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Two round phone interview, first manager and then team member interview.

Interview Questions
    • Manager interview is about background experience of education, project experience details, and language preference. Team member interview is about basic technical questions. Algorithms of Mathematical problem of get series of numbers from number a to number b, SQL basic problem of outer join and inner join, balanced binary search tree and binary search tree problem.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee.

There was one initial phone call with the HR. After that, another phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to complete a design assignment in addition.

There was three parts to the on-site Interview process. The first is a group presentation to the entire design team for about a hour. The second part includes several 1 on 1 with key stakeholders (product managers, sr. engineers, members of the design team, hiring manager), and with enough time left, you will do a design exercise with several design team members. The design exercise lasts about a hour where they will give you an example problem/project and you will role play and respond to the scenario. The entire on-site interview process could take up to 5 hours.

If they have doubts about your skill, be prepared for a second on-site interview or even more design assignments that you will have to complete.

Interview Questions
    • The design exercise can throw some candidates off. Some good advices - be very authentic to who you are. Note that it really isn't about the design solution you come up with. They are not looking for the right answer, but your thinking process and the way you interact with other design team members.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee.

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
    First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions
    • What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question
    Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2012.

Nice process. Entirely set up by staffing firm. Timely feedback received, and process and # of interviewers was streamlined. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, a close co-worker, a director, and a technical interviewer. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, with pertinent questions asked of me, and I was allowed to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • How does my current position relate to this new position?   Answer Question
    Minimal, given it was a contract position.