McAfee Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee.

You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you.

Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Questions
  • A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   View Answer
I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions
    • I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Applied online.
    Got an email from the HR department to arrange for a basic phone interview.. then they arranged for a Technical phone interview
    Still waiting for a feedback.....

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special ...basic questions about my CV.
      They asked about why you would use SQL stored procedure instead of SQL script in the web application
        View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

I've submitted my application to their web site. After some time (2 months) I've been contacted by their HR and after their screening I've got a phone interview.

The interview was conducted by a couple of their engineers. Basically, they were walking through the list of skills in my resume, checking my knowledge on each of these topics. These questions were not hard, but rather easy.

For design patterns, they asked about Singleton.
    For STL, they asked how STL is implemented.
    When it comes to multithreading, questions were about problems regarding race conditions.
    Other questions were about length of IP address and MAC address.
    The final question was about what happens when someone visit some web address and how server redirects web browser.