McAfee Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

Interview

written aptitude round - 60 Qs, 20 each from quant, data interpretation and verbal.
written coding round - 20 Qs, very simple
personal interview - just basic c++ and java Qs. some trick Qs, apparently to test logical reasoning
2nd personal interview along with HR

Interview Questions

• written round was hard. very hard. test was conducted eLitmus. CAT type Qs.
    coding round was very easy.
    interviews were a cake cause the panelists themselves had limited knowledge.

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Interview

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Because it was an internal referral. I was invited to onsite immediately after one round of phone screen. It was really nice experience with them and following up from recruiter is quick as well. The only problem was my expected salary is higher than what they are willing to offer. So it didn't work out. Very nice people by the way.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you faced during your current employment. There are so many challenges so it was kinda hard to organize it right and clean and to represent it. Overall, the interview was not very hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee in May 2012.

Interview

most of the question are about OS, Network , C

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee in August 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly & asked many good questions. Most were language questions on c++ & specially on pointers , data structures. Although the questions were not very tough, you will need to brush up a bit before the interview.

Most of the questions were from Effective C++ book series. Heard from friends that the work culture is very good & they do understand the need for work-life balance

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Interview

First of all,They have an intensive analytical exam conducted by PRO-METRIC. This will contain a relatively easy Technical test also.This is the toughest part of process.If you clear the exam then half work done.Exam is on par with CAT.....Ans then Technical interview in skills like C,data structures.O.S concepts and networking......McAfee is very good company if u want to work in Development.......I repent on missing my opportunity as i was tensed a lot and spoiled interview as it was my first ever.....So be cool and crack it...

Interview Questions

• Simple Q's on usage of switch,Linked list and some good puzzles   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions

• Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question