McAfee

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

Interview Details – written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

Interview Question – not much   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wfh not available

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

Interview Details – aptitude and technical test
testing an application
3 technical interviews from different teams
managerial interview
hr round

Interview Question – completely technical and few on the aptitude side.
all questions were based on the projects mentioned
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer upto market standards

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – 1. written objective type
2. three technical round
3. one managerial

Interview Question – mostly focus on basics and they will look for particular skill in a round.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details – A phone interview was first conducted which was followed by another and much longer phone interview. After this there was a face to face round with the lead followed by the manager.

Interview Question – Write test scenarios to test a duster.   Answer Question

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details – 1. They do not ask much about data structures and algorithms, Instead I have seen people shying away from such things
2. They ask about simple things, e.g. programming in java/C/C++/Python but, not too much deep level questions

Interview Question – There was as such not any difficult question. They dont have such difficult questions to ask for in interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview Details – I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions

• What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
  • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!