McAfee Software QA Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014
6 interviews

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

wfh not available

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

aptitude and technical test
    testing an application
    3 technical interviews from different teams
    managerial interview
    hr round

Interview Questions
    • completely technical and few on the aptitude side.
      all questions were based on the projects mentioned
        Answer Question
    offer upto market standards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

1. written objective type
    2. three technical round
    3. one managerial

Interview Questions
    • mostly focus on basics and they will look for particular skill in a round.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

A phone interview was first conducted which was followed by another and much longer phone interview. After this there was a face to face round with the lead followed by the manager.

Software QA Engineer Interview

1. They do not ask much about data structures and algorithms, Instead I have seen people shying away from such things
    2. They ask about simple things, e.g. programming in java/C/C++/Python but, not too much deep level questions

Interview Questions
    • There was as such not any difficult question. They dont have such difficult questions to ask for in interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
    • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!