McAfee

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

The hiring was pretty good and it was very methodical process. I was interviewed for a technical lead position and I got an interview call through a consultant.
First HR person called and informed me about interview process completely. Then I had one telephonic interview and 3 personal interviews. 2 Technical levels and 1 management round. Then followed by some US interview.

The HR seems to very co-operative and he was online when my entire US interview was going on.

Then final local HR interview happened and I got selected .

Interview Questions
  • 1st round telephonic round was simple. Some basic C++ questions with practical things like how did i handle it ?.
    For e..g, I was interviewed for windows internals , so How to debug a particualar problem and how it was fixed. and C++ questions on inheritance.

2nd round on direct Hands - on, they gave a PC to me and asked to write a code on implementing stack and queue from linked list with ~1 hours time. I finished that.

3rd round was more interesting like how do a data structure for particular situation( I don't remember exact situation) and why did I choose that data structure ?. This guy seems like some manager ( not hiring manager, but he did evaluate me in general as well with some puzzles)

4th round was from US, then it was related to behavior and attitude in team work and how do i resolved conflicts with a team.

5th round was hiring manager and HR round. Pretty standard stuff, like about team structure and McAfee advantage...etc.

View Answer

I had a better offer with some other company, hence didn't join.
But later on I got excellent feedback about this company, but it was too late for me to go back.

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
    F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
    1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
    Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
    Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions
    Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.