McAfee

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring was pretty good and it was very methodical process. I was interviewed for a technical lead position and I got an interview call through a consultant.
First HR person called and informed me about interview process completely. Then I had one telephonic interview and 3 personal interviews. 2 Technical levels and 1 management round. Then followed by some US interview.

The HR seems to very co-operative and he was online when my entire US interview was going on.

Then final local HR interview happened and I got selected .

Interview Question – 1st round telephonic round was simple. Some basic C++ questions with practical things like how did i handle it ?.
For e..g, I was interviewed for windows internals , so How to debug a particualar problem and how it was fixed. and C++ questions on inheritance.

2nd round on direct Hands - on, they gave a PC to me and asked to write a code on implementing stack and queue from linked list with ~1 hours time. I finished that.

3rd round was more interesting like how do a data structure for particular situation( I don't remember exact situation) and why did I choose that data structure ?. This guy seems like some manager ( not hiring manager, but he did evaluate me in general as well with some puzzles)

4th round was from US, then it was related to behavior and attitude in team work and how do i resolved conflicts with a team.

5th round was hiring manager and HR round. Pretty standard stuff, like about team structure and McAfee advantage...etc.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer with some other company, hence didn't join.
But later on I got excellent feedback about this company, but it was too late for me to go back.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
Phone HR - Offer

Interview Question – Template related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!

McAfee Videos

McAfee – Why Work for Us?

At McAfee, we’re obsessed about keeping the world safe from the dangers in the digital world. Focused on innovation and cutting-edge research, we look for smart, committed people to help us defend the world against the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McAfee Technical Lead interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by McAfee employees and interview candidates.