Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee
- Senior Software Engineer (9)
- Software Engineer (8)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Software Development Engineer (7)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (6)
- Software QA Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Intern (5)
- Manager (4)
- Lead Development Representative (4)
- Engineering (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (3)
- Senior Software QA Engineer (3)
- Graduate Software Engineer (2)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Principal Engineer (2)
- Technical Lead (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Associate Software Dev Engineer (2)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate (1)
- Partner Operations Manager (1)
- Lead Level (1)
- Tier II Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Onsite Security Support Account Manager (1)
UI Developer Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.
took a couple months, I even forgot when it was started. I was interviewed for one team, didn't pass, even I thought I was over-skilled for a job position. HR contacted me again a month later. Another round of interview for another team. Total: phone calls with HR representative, back and force, two phone interviews, two in person.
First team was asking different range of questions, from personality question to technical skills, all around. Some of them asked the same questions all around.... Some of them didn't know the answer themselves... and had no idea what they were asking. Some of them got bored interviewing and were answering phone calls or played with their phone :-(. I was disappointed.
Second team was amazing, no stupid questions, very simple programming questions and overall very pleasant experience.
- Asked about common IP addresses and network connection, just didn't expect it for this position. Answer Question
I expected more and I was told more, but they called back and said less. Kinda surprising... I accepted bz of better position I've had at that time.