McAfee

Relevance Date Difficulty

UI Developer Interview

UI Developer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2011.

Interview Details – took a couple months, I even forgot when it was started. I was interviewed for one team, didn't pass, even I thought I was over-skilled for a job position. HR contacted me again a month later. Another round of interview for another team. Total: phone calls with HR representative, back and force, two phone interviews, two in person.
First team was asking different range of questions, from personality question to technical skills, all around. Some of them asked the same questions all around.... Some of them didn't know the answer themselves... and had no idea what they were asking. Some of them got bored interviewing and were answering phone calls or played with their phone :-(. I was disappointed.
Second team was amazing, no stupid questions, very simple programming questions and overall very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Asked about common IP addresses and network connection, just didn't expect it for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I expected more and I was told more, but they called back and said less. Kinda surprising... I accepted bz of better position I've had at that time.

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!