McAfee Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

Interview

I did one phone screening, two interviews and a software test at codility.com All three interviews wasn't technical, was about team project at university and my previous experience. After the phone screening which was a mix of technical questions about arrays, pointers and algorithms, I did a phone interview with two members of the team. A week later I did an interview and a coding test with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of conflict in a team and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply. - It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc.. - If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview. Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.

Interview Questions

• Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions

• I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in March 2008.

Interview

After talking to the recruiter, and going through the usual "skills checklist" and "small talk" (personality assessment?), a phone interview (by the hiring manager) was conducted. The interview was mainly technical. After that, a series of interviews was booked (all during the course of one day). First, there was a C++ test (to be solved by developing software on a stand-alone computer), followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager (of a technical background), then a 1:1 with the director for the division (the hiring manager's manager).

Interview Questions

• Can't quite remember. Everything was reasonable for the technical level they were hiring for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As I already had an offer from another company at the time of the interviews, McAfee moved forward quite quickly, and made an offer on the next day, quoting they weren't interested in a "bidding war" with the other company.