McAlister's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.0

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAlister's.

Interview

Applied online. General Manager called me within the week to set up an interview. Went to the interview, they offered free tea so obviously I accepted. Interview was very relaxed, she wrote down all my answers as I talked. The questions weren't hard at all. She was super sweet! Got a call back to have the second interview. The second interview is more just for clarification for them. It's not a deal breaker. I think if you get invited for a second interview then you've pretty much got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest obstacle you expect to face while working here?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAlister's.

Interview

I was called on the phone to set up a phone interview at a later date. The interview last around 30-45 minutes over the phone. Very straightforward, easy to follow, no tricky questions, just know the job description and be able to give great examples of giving excellent customer service and hard work ethic. I'd suggest asking good questions to learn more about the business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good candidate for this position?
      Tell me about a time you went beyond the norm to give excellent customer service.

Answer Question

Back of House Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAlister's (Spring Hill, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple for both my first and second jobs with the company. Both asked relatively simple questions about yourself and what you want to accomplish with the job you've applied for. They ask when you can start and you're availability. The interview is almost like doing the application all over again in person.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to compete the tasks and more when asked to?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAlister's (Killeen, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very quick & easy the manager was pretty cool, but I was nervous so I didn't realize this but my etiquette was bad. So just keep your hands on the table casually and don't seem nervous

Interview Questions

• A month from now we are sitting here disscusing an issue involving you, what would the issue be ?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

BOH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McAlister's (Manhattan, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard. Spoke with one manager with some basic questions then another came by to ask me some more and a couple off the wall questions. It was in the store and we just sat down at one of the tables and discussed if I'd rather do FOH or BOH and such.

Interview Questions

• If you were to open your own restaurant today, what kind of food would you sell? What would be the atmosphere   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McAlister's (Lubbock, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the regional manager who overall is a very professional woman. She asked about maintaining food costs and mostly questions on controlling numbers, which I now realize is the only concern at this company. She did not hire me and I'm glad, working there was a huge mistake and honesty the standards are so low I have no idea how the company is still running.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McAlister's.

Interview

First they ask you to tell a little about yourself. They ask why you want to work here and if you have some experience working around food. Then they hire you on the spot. Just like that.

Negotiation

None

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAlister's (Addison, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later by the assistant manager to set up an interview later that week.

I showed up five minutes early on my interview day and waited exactly five minutes for the assistant manager who called me on the phone to get with me. I was interviewed by her. It only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes, it was a very easy interview which is saying something because I'm a teenager and this was my first interview ever.

She asked me some general questions about previous work experience (I had none, but using examples about various experiences in high school helped) and then she asked me about good and bad qualities I have. Towards the end of the interview when she asked if I had any questions, I asked her how long the hiring process takes and when I should expect to hear back from McAlister's. She told me that usually there is a second interview, but that she'd hire me on the spot! Pretty exciting to hear for someone who's 16 years old and this was their first interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. The hardest one was to talk about a bad quality I have. It's good to have an answer already prepared for that question, and let it be known that you have plans to improve upon yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was my first interview, I was scatter-brained and forgot to negotiate anything, lol. She didn't mention wages or hours, either.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAlister's (College Station, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application and had an interview the next week. I had an interview with one of the store managers. He was very friendly and asked questions to get to know me and my previous work experience. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and was professional. I received a call that day and started the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you have gone above and beyond with your costumer service?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McAlister's.

Interview

Met with the owner at a local coffee shop and discussed typical managerial interview questions and answers. He talked more about the company than anything. Met with the owner and his wife a second time and they gave me a ridiculously low offer. After thinking about the offer I declined. They came back with a much higher offer, but still below my current salary. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to train out of state for 5 weeks, working 6 days a week for a little over half of your normal salary. Be careful. Some owners/companies will not be up front about these types of things.   1 Answer

Not enough money, ridiculous training pay