McCain Foods

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Warehouse/Driver
Appleton, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McCain Foods in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very Basic questions, not at all future oriented, basically "are you a warm body, who will be here?" One interview, hired on the spot

Interview Question – Ridiculous questions "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, fixed pay scale

Manufacturing Interview

Manufacturing
Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McCain Foods in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview rescheduled three times; interviewer spoke more about their background then asking questions regarding mine; two questions on phone interview; 1/2 day session at location

Interview Questions

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McCain Foods in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied to an online posting, was contacted via email 2 weeks later for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a frustrating person?   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McCain Foods.

Interview Details – Via a recruiter with multiple interviews with different stakeholders. First phase was recruiter review, then interview with the hiring manager and finally the GM. Interviews occurred over a 3 week period. Process was well paced. Tone was semi casual and engaging. A lot of questions about past work experience. Not much opportunity to negotiate on compensation

Interview Question – Questions around applying analysis to solve business problems   Answer Question

Manufacturing Graduate Interview

Manufacturing Graduate
Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McCain Foods in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by an agency who asked to pass on my CV to McCain Foods. Within a few days I received a call asking me to attend an interview seven days later. The first interview was a fair straight forward half-an hour affair with two of the HR team. They were really nice and I felt very comfortable giving answers. After the interview, I received another call asking me to attend another interview in a weeks time as well as to prepare a fifteen minute presentation about my expectations about working in the food manufacturing industry.

When I returned I was given a factory tour followed by lunch. I then gave the presentation to the HR and Continuous Improvement managers. Again, both very supportive and I felt at ease giving the presentation.

After the presentation, I was then interviewed by the plant manager and another member of HR. This lasted for about half an hour and varied between behavioral and technical questions. I received a job offer two days later.

Interview Question – What Standard Operation Procedures have you created before   Answer Question

Scientist, Analytical Services Interview

Scientist, Analytical Services
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McCain Foods in May 2013.

Interview Details – I send my resume by email and was contacted a week later by a HR representative for a phone interview (30 min). After one week I had a personal interview with a HR representative and the Director of analytical services. After three weeks I was called for an additional interview with people from other departments.

Interview Question – If you where a Disney character, which one would you be.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McCain Foods in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, HR interview and senior management interview

Interview Question – What do you want to get out of this job?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McCain Foods in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with HR and then an in-person interview. I met with both the Hiring Manager and the HR Officer. I remember them asking questions about my interest in the food industry - they seemed particularly interested in that. The office seemed like a great place to work - friendly. They were well-organized. I would definitely apply with them again.

Interview Question – Why interests you about McCain?   View Answer

Pckg Sup Interview

Pckg Sup

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McCain Foods in October 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview. Backround test. Physical and drug screen.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer pay grade for position.. Hard offer with 0 room for negotiating....I held out for $2 more an hour and they kept coming back and saying they are capt by coorporate.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at McCain Foods in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen then day long interview. Process was clean and it was clear to determine there was not a fit.

Interview Question – Talk about biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McCain Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McCain Foods interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by McCain Foods employees and interview candidates.