McCain Foods Interview Questions

2.9

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McCain Foods in December 2010.

Phone interview rescheduled three times; interviewer spoke more about their background then asking questions regarding mine; two questions on phone interview; 1/2 day session at location

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McCain Foods in February 2010.

Very Basic questions, not at all future oriented, basically "are you a warm body, who will be here?" One interview, hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • Ridiculous questions "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"   Answer Question
    None, fixed pay scale

Category Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McCain Foods.

Via a recruiter with multiple interviews with different stakeholders. First phase was recruiter review, then interview with the hiring manager and finally the GM. Interviews occurred over a 3 week period. Process was well paced. Tone was semi casual and engaging. A lot of questions about past work experience. Not much opportunity to negotiate on compensation

Interview Questions
    • Questions around applying analysis to solve business problems   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McCain Foods in March 2014.

Applied to an online posting, was contacted via email 2 weeks later for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a frustrating person?   Answer Question

Scientist, Analytical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McCain Foods in May 2013.

I send my resume by email and was contacted a week later by a HR representative for a phone interview (30 min). After one week I had a personal interview with a HR representative and the Director of analytical services. After three weeks I was called for an additional interview with people from other departments.

Interview Questions
    • If you where a Disney character, which one would you be.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McCain Foods in September 2012.

I was initially contacted by an agency who asked to pass on my CV to McCain Foods. Within a few days I received a call asking me to attend an interview seven days later. The first interview was a fair straight forward half-an hour affair with two of the HR team. They were really nice and I felt very comfortable giving answers. After the interview, I received another call asking me to attend another interview in a weeks time as well as to prepare a fifteen minute presentation about my expectations about working in the food manufacturing industry.

When I returned I was given a factory tour followed by lunch. I then gave the presentation to the HR and Continuous Improvement managers. Again, both very supportive and I felt at ease giving the presentation.

After the presentation, I was then interviewed by the plant manager and another member of HR. This lasted for about half an hour and varied between behavioral and technical questions. I received a job offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • What Standard Operation Procedures have you created before   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McCain Foods in March 2012.

Phone interview, HR interview and senior management interview

Pckg Sup Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McCain Foods in October 2011.

Group interview. Backround test. Physical and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    Offer pay grade for position.. Hard offer with 0 room for negotiating....I held out for $2 more an hour and they kept coming back and saying they are capt by coorporate.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McCain Foods in January 2011.

I had an initial phone interview with HR and then an in-person interview. I met with both the Hiring Manager and the HR Officer. I remember them asking questions about my interest in the food industry - they seemed particularly interested in that. The office seemed like a great place to work - friendly. They were well-organized. I would definitely apply with them again.

Global Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McCain Foods in September 2009.

Exceptional company, both in the facilities and people. Initial interview with SVP (after recruiter), very knowledgeable and great to talk to. Focused on where company was going, advantages, change in direction, strategic plans, how it will be delivered; discussed people management, culture, location, benefits. Met with CIO, direct, to the point. Then spoke to head of HR - from the region and very nice person.
    Met with team and very engaged group.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with someone who feels they should have the position over you?   Answer Question

Too remote, not just small town