McCann Erickson

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McCann Erickson in March 2012.

Interview Details – This was, by far, the strangest interview that I have ever had. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following week. We set up a phone interview. She was very nice and personable, but the conversation felt more like a quiz than an interview (i.e. "What do you think this position entails?" "What sort of things do you think our agency does?"). She told me that she would speak to the account team about a second interview. I was told that they were not sure if they were going to fill this position. I thought it was odd to post a job and conduct an interview if you were not going to fill the position, but the account team agreed to a phone interview for the following week.

The second interview, with the account team, was also...different. Again, they seemed nice, but it didn't feel like an interview (even an informal one). No questions about my past projects and experiences, knowledge of the industry, what I would bring to the team, etc. Instead, they spoke about the office culture and other impersonal topics. It seemed like the team members were unprepared for an interview, even though it was scheduled nearly a week in advance. It was impossible to gauge if the interview went well. Regardless, I was told that I would hear from them shortly regarding "next steps."

I never heard back from them, and I accepted another job a month later. I would have at least liked some sort of follow-up. Even an auto-generated "thanks but no thanks" email would have sufficed. In the end, I'm glad I didn't end up working there- the staff seemed nice, but the interview was too weird and the lack of a response was, in my opinion, rude.

Interview Question – What do you think an Assistant Account Executive does?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McCann Erickson in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional, good follow up from HR. Was interviewed during a hiring freeze. While not offered a position, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McCann Erickson

Worked for McCann Erickson? Contribute to the Community!