McCann Erickson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.5

Vice President, Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McCann Erickson in February 2015.

I interviewed with the creative recruiter. She was thoughtful, interested and very informative. Also, she was very honest. Expectations were set as to next steps. And overall there was a positive and relaxed vibe. I cannot say enough great things about the recruiter at McCann.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about managing a team?   View Answer

Copy Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McCann Erickson.

I was recommended by a current employee, and I think that made the hiring and interview process easier. I expected more in the way of testing my current skills or rate of work, but the interview was handled very well. The interviewers were courteous and asked pertinent questions without wasting time.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't particularly difficult, and they kept the interview on topic.   Answer Question

The job was higher stress and lower salary than I was looking for.

Strategy Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McCann Erickson in March 2013.

I was able to get a an interview through an alumni at my university. HR manager was polite yet thorough. Asked about what peaked my interest in the field, why I felt I was qualified for the position, if I could do anything differently knowing what I know now, what would I do differently during my academic career. I brought up some of my favorite campaigns, they asked me why they were my favorite

Interview Questions
    • Knowing what I know now, what would I have done differently during my academic career?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Freelanced first before hired

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McCann Erickson in January 2013.

Received a respectful and welcoming interview.

Interview Questions
    • If we can't find you a job here, where else would you like to work?   View Answer
    Above board and fair.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McCann Erickson in March 2012.

This was, by far, the strangest interview that I have ever had. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following week. We set up a phone interview. She was very nice and personable, but the conversation felt more like a quiz than an interview (i.e. "What do you think this position entails?" "What sort of things do you think our agency does?"). She told me that she would speak to the account team about a second interview. I was told that they were not sure if they were going to fill this position. I thought it was odd to post a job and conduct an interview if you were not going to fill the position, but the account team agreed to a phone interview for the following week.

The second interview, with the account team, was also...different. Again, they seemed nice, but it didn't feel like an interview (even an informal one). No questions about my past projects and experiences, knowledge of the industry, what I would bring to the team, etc. Instead, they spoke about the office culture and other impersonal topics. It seemed like the team members were unprepared for an interview, even though it was scheduled nearly a week in advance. It was impossible to gauge if the interview went well. Regardless, I was told that I would hear from them shortly regarding "next steps."

I never heard back from them, and I accepted another job a month later. I would have at least liked some sort of follow-up. Even an auto-generated "thanks but no thanks" email would have sufficed. In the end, I'm glad I didn't end up working there- the staff seemed nice, but the interview was too weird and the lack of a response was, in my opinion, rude.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think an Assistant Account Executive does?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson in May 2011.

Initially, I was contacted by email and set up a time for a phone interview with a recruiter.
    The recruiter was very personable and didn't ask very tough questions. The interview was concise and hit on all the key points.

Strategic Planning Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McCann Erickson in January 2011.

They offered a third interview, then didn't follow through. I had to follow up several times regarding the pushed back interview before they said they decided to accept someone else.

The office is very tight knit and closed. the office glass is not transparent. It's very industrial.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you would be a better account executive or a better planner?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson in January 2011.

One interview with HR consisting of various questions about experience, a portfolio review (for creative candidates), and some unexpected questions (which I now do expect) like "What was the last book you read?" Not too bad of an interview but I remember a high volume of questions in general.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last book you read for leisure and why did it interest you?   View Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson in November 2010.

I got contact with a female recruiter and she was really nice. She asked me about what is my favorite brand and she told me hers. She also asked me why I want to be a planner and why McCann.We spent about 40 mins on the phone. She told me some current situation in their company. That's pretty much about it.