McCann Erickson Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.4

Vice President, Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the creative recruiter. She was thoughtful, interested and very informative. Also, she was very honest. Expectations were set as to next steps. And overall there was a positive and relaxed vibe. I cannot say enough great things about the recruiter at McCann.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about managing a team?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a respectful and welcoming interview.

Interview Questions

• If we can't find you a job here, where else would you like to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Above board and fair.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

This was, by far, the strangest interview that I have ever had. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following week. We set up a phone interview. She was very nice and personable, but the conversation felt more like a quiz than an interview (i.e. "What do you think this position entails?" "What sort of things do you think our agency does?"). She told me that she would speak to the account team about a second interview. I was told that they were not sure if they were going to fill this position. I thought it was odd to post a job and conduct an interview if you were not going to fill the position, but the account team agreed to a phone interview for the following week.

The second interview, with the account team, was also...different. Again, they seemed nice, but it didn't feel like an interview (even an informal one). No questions about my past projects and experiences, knowledge of the industry, what I would bring to the team, etc. Instead, they spoke about the office culture and other impersonal topics. It seemed like the team members were unprepared for an interview, even though it was scheduled nearly a week in advance. It was impossible to gauge if the interview went well. Regardless, I was told that I would hear from them shortly regarding "next steps."

I never heard back from them, and I accepted another job a month later. I would have at least liked some sort of follow-up. Even an auto-generated "thanks but no thanks" email would have sufficed. In the end, I'm glad I didn't end up working there- the staff seemed nice, but the interview was too weird and the lack of a response was, in my opinion, rude.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an Assistant Account Executive does?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by email and set up a time for a phone interview with a recruiter.
    The recruiter was very personable and didn't ask very tough questions. The interview was concise and hit on all the key points.

Strategic Planning Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

They offered a third interview, then didn't follow through. I had to follow up several times regarding the pushed back interview before they said they decided to accept someone else.

The office is very tight knit and closed. the office glass is not transparent. It's very industrial.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a better account executive or a better planner?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

One interview with HR consisting of various questions about experience, a portfolio review (for creative candidates), and some unexpected questions (which I now do expect) like "What was the last book you read?" Not too bad of an interview but I remember a high volume of questions in general.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read for leisure and why did it interest you?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I got contact with a female recruiter and she was really nice. She asked me about what is my favorite brand and she told me hers. She also asked me why I want to be a planner and why McCann.We spent about 40 mins on the phone. She told me some current situation in their company. That's pretty much about it.

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

McCaan was investing into multicultural marketing and was developing a new department. The interview was 1:1 and I met with a very nice woman. The position sounded extremely interesting and I was ready to accept the offer until I started observing the office dynamics. High walls surrounded each cubical and it seemed every person was cut off from one another. Although it maintained a very professional feel, it wasn't as collaborative as I would have liked it to be.

Interview Questions

After speaking with several former employees and several mentors within the ad industry, all suggested that I do not take the position due to the fact that McCaan maintains a high turnover rate from the lack of employee care and under-compensation. I decided to go with other present opportunities.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Very professional, good follow up from HR. Was interviewed during a hiring freeze. While not offered a position, it was a very positive experience.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Used a recruiter who had be go in a few time for multiple account. Seemed like they were desperate for people. People who I used to think were not very intelligent worked there so it gave me a negative perception of the company.