McCann School of Business Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.9

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McCann School of Business.

Interview

3 interviews total which is a process that takes forever. Phone interview with recruiter first then move on to in person interview with DOA or campus director. If they like you then The regional DOA talks with you After your assessments then you plan get hired

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of past job   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you one number and if you ask for more it's a no because they are tight on money

Part Time Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazleton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann School of Business (Hazleton, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was told about the school and the somewhat recent changes in ownership as well as how it differs from a community college or a university. The interviewer did not at any point try to be intimidating and brought up salary without me asking. They explained the personality test, which is mandatory. I got the impression that they were very happy to meet with me and was given a tour of the campus. Everyone seemed friendly and genuinely interested in what they did.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to deal with students who may have a lot of personal problems?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at McCann School of Business in August 2013.

Interview

I met with Campus Director and then a few days later I met with the Admissions Director. I started 2 weeks later. Other reps I have worked with had a much longer interview process though, however they had less experience than me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I felt about making 80 to 100 phone calls a day and dealing with difficult students.   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazle Township, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at McCann School of Business (Hazle Township, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I saw a local newspaper ad (online) seeking adjunct instructors, some requiring a Master's degree. I located the email address of the Dean of Education and forwarded my resume. After 11 days, I received a call for an interview, which was set up for 8 days later. The Dean was very polite and helpful. The Dean showed me pretty much the entire building and took the time to explain what was expected of me, especially being new. The Dean gave me plenty of information to read over, including an application, descriptions of the courses in my area, and a form where I could specify only those courses I was interested in teaching along with my availability. The following day, the Dean emailed me a link to complete a Profile XT pre-employment assessment test, which I did complete. However, since I was unsure of my availability for the upcoming quarter, I delayed sending in my application. More than three weeks later, though, I submitted my application, including references, background check authorization, and a list of courses I would be willing to teach along with my availability. The Dean initially responded and said that all the courses were filled for the quarter, but emailed me back 8 days later to say that there were openings. The next day, I emailed the Dean copies of my transcripts, and requested my official ones sent to the School. Later that day, I was offered a position as an adjunct instructor. I was asked to teach two courses and given the dates to attend two orientation sessions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. A flat rate of $1,350 per course was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McCann School of Business (Dickson City, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a week or so later for interview. Met with Admissions Director who liked me and then introduced me to Campus Director. I was offered the position a week later by phone.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something. Say you love to be on the phone because you will be alot. Also, let them know you can handle rejection.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Instructor (Professor - Adjunct & Full Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann School of Business (Scranton, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

Hiring was done in a snap; one phone call & one in - person interview was all it took. They spoke to me & checked my credentials & that was it. All I had to do was agree to work at poverty level, with the promise of "better pay" once I'd shown what I was worth.

Interview Questions

• "We pay $1,000 per 12-13 week class. Is that acceptable?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. We simply agreed t ore-evaluate after two semesters. I got a small increase.

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McCann School of Business in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, took an online skills test, had a Skype interview with the recruiter, took an online personality test, then had to do an interview via webcam that was pre-recorded, then the next step would be a face to face interview with a three members of administration at the campus. I was told this face to face could take 2-3 hours. When the recruiter told me this I decided to bow out of the interview process as I had already used so much of my time on just this one position. If the interview process was this strenuous and micro-managed, I couldn't imagine what the working conditions would be like so I moved on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a professional “disappointment or setback” and what action did you take as a result?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McCann School of Business in July 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who also teaches at the school. I talked to the Director of Education on the phone and made an appointment to come in for an interview. When I arrived, I waited over 30 minutes and he never showed up. When I got back home, a couple of hours later, he called and basically offered me one class to teach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no, it is a fixed price per course.