McCann Worldgroup

www.mccann.com

McCann Worldgroup Interview Questions

3.1

Investment Associate Interview

Applied in January and heard back a few weeks later. Set up an initial phone interview to match my background with one of their open positions. This was followed by another phone interview with someone in the area of the job I choose from the first interview. They then wanted to set up an in person interview but when they realized I needed a couple days advance as I was not living in NYC (where the job was) they stopped returning my emails and only said that the process of setting up an in person when I didn't live in NYC was to difficult.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

In order to get a job at UM, you need to know someone that works there. They even asked in the initial interview if I knew anyone that worked there. I didn't and therefore was not moved forward in the interview process. Other than that the interview process is the usual questions that you get at any intern interview.

Media Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

Great company overview and unload of the position details.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

I interviewed for an AC position on a CPG account. I met with everyone on the account team from the account executive up to the director - 5 people in total. Everyone was very friendly and most of the questions were basic - tell us about your experience, why do you want to work in advertising, etc.

I ended up not getting the position. I had written a thank you note to everyone who interviewed me along with the HR person who set it up. I followed up with the HR person twice more and they never responded to formally let me know that I was not selected.

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup in July 2012.

Found out about a project manager position from a recruiting agency, which was decent enough. The first time the interview was scheduled, and then it was cancelled and rescheduled for the day before the July 4th long weekend. Because this position was with mccann health, and having worked in insurance I seemed like a good choice to work with pharmaceuticals. but, the recruiter had told me to brush up on advertising regulations on pharmaceuticals--which is not that easy to find a lot of information on, so i was a little stressed out and I'm pretty sure I aced that portion of the interview when the guy was like.. what do you know about pharmaceutical advertising?.. but rewind.

When I arrived at the HQ, i was made to wait at least 20 minutes because the woman that i was supposed to interview with first, the lead project manager, was apparently in crisis and was on the phone or sending emails or whatever. So I ended up interviewing with the man the woman switched places with another guy, under the assumption that i would meet her a little later. Although the guy seemed very nice at first and I had no problem answering his questions and chatting, it became apparent that I had exceeded my allotted time. So he at some point got up and said, okay, let me go get the other person you're supposed to interview with .... and as he was leaving i asked him for his business card and he said to me, "i'm sorry we dont have business cards." and kind of executed a helpless shrug. then, he left and came back in maybe exactly 1 minute and said... "sorry she's still sorting out a crisis."

He didn't ask me to leave but he made it seem like I had to, and, i felt that that was extremely rude; however, I thanked him for his time and left. I just feel like there is no reason for them to treat people like this, and if they didn't think i was qualified just tell me and let me go and not waste my time. So when i was leaving the building, i was kind of flustered but realized that if this is the way they treat guests, im not sure i want to find out how they treat their own employees. Either way, I ended up finding another job, so it all worked out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup in July 2011.

I first was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview, i was then asked to come in and meet with the recruiter. After a few days i got a call to meet with a team from their neutrogena account. They asked me questions about my background, passed internships and if i enjoyed math.

Interview Questions
    • I think the question if i enjoyed math was pretty unexpected   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup in September 2010.

First I received a phone call from the head HR recruiter. We spoke over the phone very briefly about the position and which client I would we working for. After our 30 minute conversation she brought me into the offices, where I got to meet three other account managers that were currently working on the same client. I met with them for 30 minutes each and the interview was over. Overall it was not that rigorous of an interview. Pretty standard quesitons.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example where you took initiative in leading a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup in February 2010.

applied online, got a call in 2 weeks to schedule for a phone interview.
    questions were:
     why are interested in this position? what do you think would be your biggest challenge? what doesn't your current job offer that we can?

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McCann Worldgroup in November 2009.

It was or should have been a fairly easy phone interview. But I was nervous and unfortnately babbled. It's frustrating because i normally have an EXCELLENT phone manner with clients, colleagues and associates alike. Its just a little harder when the tables are turned on you so personally. I'm sure it was difficult for the recruiter for follow. i was asked to go through my resume which i had right in front of me. should have been easy. Unfortunately that chip in my brain that is normally operating shut right off and my mouth ran its course. it wasn't horrible. just not up to par.....wasn't as clear as it should have been. frustrating thing is that i KNOW i could do a perfect job on this position. I already do this same line of work and no matter what i always rise to the occasion. so to all you recruiters out there. every once in a while give someone a second chance. we are only human :-). and talking about yourself can sometimes ironically not offer the best representation of who you REALLY are. even the president fumbles.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

2 hours of interviews with 5 future co workers.

Salary non-negotiable