McCann Worldgroup Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.8

Junior Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recruited through a recruiter session. They called me in for a chat and I received an offer the next day. The interview itself was very conversational. More like a casual chat than an interview. I sat down with the CD, and we talked about my work and where the company was going. The conversation was 20% about creative work values and 80% a test of culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about mainly working in digital?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sweet Home, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (Sweet Home, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick interview over the phone. I connected via LinkedIn, got some information about the position and decided I would be the right person for the job. Talked to the HR recruiter and she agreed, because after seeing my resume she had no choice but to concede I am #1.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter through a job fair while in New York and she said I should email her. I ended up getting a call later the next day and was invited to complete their application sent directly from her (I couldn't find the application anywhere else on the internet which leads me to believe that you have to know somebody to even apply). I had a phone interview with pretty standard stuff and had interned with a sister company before which she loved, but she was very interested in my experience. I made a video and sent a paragraph afterward for the application and they called me that week.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience and how you did what you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

Applied in January and heard back a few weeks later. Set up an initial phone interview to match my background with one of their open positions. This was followed by another phone interview with someone in the area of the job I choose from the first interview. They then wanted to set up an in person interview but when they realized I needed a couple days advance as I was not living in NYC (where the job was) they stopped returning my emails and only said that the process of setting up an in person when I didn't live in NYC was to difficult.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

Interview

In order to get a job at UM, you need to know someone that works there. They even asked in the initial interview if I knew anyone that worked there. I didn't and therefore was not moved forward in the interview process. Other than that the interview process is the usual questions that you get at any intern interview.

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup.

Interview

Great company overview and unload of the position details.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter and had a one to one interview with the hiring manager. It was very casual and unusual interview as the interviewer didn't ask any real questions, but just went on a tangent and talked about non-related topics.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed for an AC position on a CPG account. I met with everyone on the account team from the account executive up to the director - 5 people in total. Everyone was very friendly and most of the questions were basic - tell us about your experience, why do you want to work in advertising, etc. I ended up not getting the position. I had written a thank you note to everyone who interviewed me along with the HR person who set it up. I followed up with the HR person twice more and they never responded to formally let me know that I was not selected.

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Found out about a project manager position from a recruiting agency, which was decent enough. The first time the interview was scheduled, and then it was cancelled and rescheduled for the day before the July 4th long weekend. Because this position was with mccann health, and having worked in insurance I seemed like a good choice to work with pharmaceuticals. but, the recruiter had told me to brush up on advertising regulations on pharmaceuticals--which is not that easy to find a lot of information on, so i was a little stressed out and I'm pretty sure I aced that portion of the interview when the guy was like.. what do you know about pharmaceutical advertising?.. but rewind. When I arrived at the HQ, i was made to wait at least 20 minutes because the woman that i was supposed to interview with first, the lead project manager, was apparently in crisis and was on the phone or sending emails or whatever. So I ended up interviewing with the man the woman switched places with another guy, under the assumption that i would meet her a little later. Although the guy seemed very nice at first and I had no problem answering his questions and chatting, it became apparent that I had exceeded my allotted time. So he at some point got up and said, okay, let me go get the other person you're supposed to interview with .... and as he was leaving i asked him for his business card and he said to me, "i'm sorry we dont have business cards." and kind of executed a helpless shrug. then, he left and came back in maybe exactly 1 minute and said... "sorry she's still sorting out a crisis." He didn't ask me to leave but he made it seem like I had to, and, i felt that that was extremely rude; however, I thanked him for his time and left. I just feel like there is no reason for them to treat people like this, and if they didn't think i was qualified just tell me and let me go and not waste my time. So when i was leaving the building, i was kind of flustered but realized that if this is the way they treat guests, im not sure i want to find out how they treat their own employees. Either way, I ended up finding another job, so it all worked out.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McCann Worldgroup (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I first was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview, i was then asked to come in and meet with the recruiter. After a few days i got a call to meet with a team from their neutrogena account. They asked me questions about my background, passed internships and if i enjoyed math.

Interview Questions

• I think the question if i enjoyed math was pretty unexpected   Answer Question