McCarthy Building Interview Questions

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McCarthy Building.

I signed up for an interview during an info session at school. During the interview I talked to two employees on campus. Interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions and lasted for ~20 minutes. The interviewers also went over my resume and asked specific questions about my previous experiences and activities.

Interview Questions
    • What is something in our info session that can be done better?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McCarthy Building.

Talked to a person at their booth at a career fair. 4 person interview the next day. Got flown out to the office I was interested in as part of a hiring event. Several interviews at the test and assessment process (two tests in office).

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed due to things within your control?   View Answer

Operations Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at McCarthy Building.

I was hired through a staffing agency. Just one interview, had to pass an Excel test in their office right after being interviewed by both the Project Manager and Executive Assistant. I obviously passed and was hired temp to perm in which I became permanent after 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to take an Excel test directly after the interview in which I had already done so through the staffing agency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at McCarthy Building in March 2012.

- 2 rounds of interviews with the 2nd round in the main office. Project Directors are really down to earth and interview process is very standard/simple. Just be confident and know construction acronyms (RFIs, PCOs etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at McCarthy Building in March 2012.

I went to the main office in St. Louis. The first half of the day was a test over basic reading and analyzing of tables and figures. It wasnt difficult but the time limit made it very hard to finish all of the questions. The other test was a logical reasoning test and was fairly straight forward. This one was not timed. There was lunch concurrent with a couple presentations. Then 4 1:1 interviews for the second half of the day. Pretty easy interviews. Just went over your resume and maybe asked some basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at McCarthy Building in March 2012.

This was a very through interview process including personality tests. I felt that McCarthy wanted the best people and they were willing to spend the money to sift through and fins the people that met their culture criteria and who they thought had potential.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it offer for a recent college graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McCarthy Building in July 2011.

It was fast

No negociations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McCarthy Building in December 2010.

Very thorogh, Come prepared as McCarthy only hires the best and brightest

No negotiations

Project Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at McCarthy Building in March 2010.

I was contacted by McCarthy for a position that had recently become vacant for a large project in Northern California. Very thorough interview process - multiple phone conversations, 2 visits with the project team, personality/IQ type testing for 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would I respond in a meeting where you need ot answer to 8 different project managers all with different agendas.   Answer Question

My company counter-offered.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at McCarthy Building in June 2009.

Two phone interviews with Head of HR, followed by in person all day interviews with CLO, CFO and HR Director. Additional application process includes, IQ test, personality questionaires and Wonderlic exam

Interview Questions
    • Following intensive one on one and group interview with managemetn and ownership groups, one encounters 3 hours of standardized testing including teh Wonderlic exam   Answer Question

Worked for McCarthy Building? Contribute to the Community!