McColl Partners Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at McColl Partners

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McColl Partners.

The process started off with a phone interview. Then they came to campus and brought a bunch of us out to dinner. A couple of days later I was invited to a super day at their office in Charlotte. The superday went really well, and I was virtually certain I was going to receive an offer. Nearly a month went by without me hearing from them. The end result was them saying they wanted to offer, but couldn't because of numbers.

Interview Questions
    • There were 9 back to back 2 on 1 interviews on the super day. Two of the guys grilled me on everything they thought was embellished on my resume. I was put in a very uncomfortable position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McColl Partners in September 2011.

The process started with a series of phone interviews. I believe it was two. After that, there was another round at a local restaurant. Then they took the candidates to their offices in Charlotte for two days. The first day was just a dinner and drinks. The second day was ten rounds of interviews with pairs of employees. You meet almost everyone there. Most of the people were friendly and seemed genuinely interested in meeting you and knowing you. Not too many questions were meant to catch you off guard which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at a middle market investment bank in Charlotte?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your achievements up to this point have prepared you for the lifestyle and work required in investment banking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at McColl Partners in September 2011.

I sent my resume through my college career services. A recruiter emailed me and asked if I could do a phone interview that day. I accepted, and during the interview i was asked very vague questions. Nothing specific to investment banking, although this was just the first round interview. They were all normal and typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle the long work week?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McColl Partners.

I was extremely excited to have even gotten an interview with them as a non-business/finance major. Since they knew this, I expected them to go a little easy on me with the techincal questions, but that wasn't the case. They asked me very few expected questions besides the four ways to value a company, and that was about the only thing I mastered except walking them through my resume. Nothing about why I wanted to do banking/why McColl/ why Middle Market. They wanted to know specifics about valuing a company that I just didn't know. The analyst I was interviewing with also picked out random words/phrases on my resume such as "Performed financial analysis" and wanted an in-depth description of the analysis I did, but asked in a really weird way. I think he was exhausted considering he probably hadn't slept in days, but I still felt pretty deflated after thinking I was prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Specifics about valuation methods... still not entirely sure what he was asking me to be honest   Answer Question

Worked for McColl Partners? Contribute to the Community!