McColl Partners

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McColl Partners.

Interview Details – The process started off with a phone interview. Then they came to campus and brought a bunch of us out to dinner. A couple of days later I was invited to a super day at their office in Charlotte. The superday went really well, and I was virtually certain I was going to receive an offer. Nearly a month went by without me hearing from them. The end result was them saying they wanted to offer, but couldn't because of numbers.

Interview Question – There were 9 back to back 2 on 1 interviews on the super day. Two of the guys grilled me on everything they thought was embellished on my resume. I was put in a very uncomfortable position.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McColl Partners in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with a series of phone interviews. I believe it was two. After that, there was another round at a local restaurant. Then they took the candidates to their offices in Charlotte for two days. The first day was just a dinner and drinks. The second day was ten rounds of interviews with pairs of employees. You meet almost everyone there. Most of the people were friendly and seemed genuinely interested in meeting you and knowing you. Not too many questions were meant to catch you off guard which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a middle market investment bank in Charlotte?   Answer Question
  • How do you think your achievements up to this point have prepared you for the lifestyle and work required in investment banking?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at McColl Partners in September 2011.

Interview Details – I sent my resume through my college career services. A recruiter emailed me and asked if I could do a phone interview that day. I accepted, and during the interview i was asked very vague questions. Nothing specific to investment banking, although this was just the first round interview. They were all normal and typical interview questions.

Interview Question – How will you handle the long work week?   View Answer

Worked for McColl Partners? Contribute to the Community!