McCombs School of Business

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at McCombs School of Business

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McCombs School of Business.

I applied online through the student job bank, received an email from one of the graduate students 3-4 days later. I met with the grad student I would be working with in the PhD lounge. It was a very informal interview. She asked me basic questions about my resume and some questions about myself. It felt more like a casual conversation than anything, and immediately after the interview she asked when I could start. It made me think that the interview was more of a formality than anything else.

Interview Questions

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McCombs School of Business in January 2010.

standard assa meetings. you have to submit a package with your curriculum vitae your job market paper three letters of recommendation by December the first each year. The candidates selected for the second round are interviewed at the ASSA meetings that take place in January. The candidates selected for the final round are invited to give a seminar in the campus. Job offers are made at the end of January and February.

Interview Questions
    Not to much to negotiate benefits and salary for faculty are standard across top universities