McCormick & Schmick's

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through the website was called the next day. When I got there I was greeted by the host, seated in a private snug and then asked about 500 times if I wanted something to drink. After about 10 min a manager came to interview me. Interviewed me for about 10 min then called another manager to interview me. They didn't really ask me any specifics seemed more like they wanted to see if my personality match thier team. I was offered a job that day.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with demanding guest before?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Oak Brook, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's in August 2008.

Interview Details – Front of house manager talked to a referral and asked questions about previous jobs, and what you would do in certain situations.Some of the questions were more complicated than expected, but if you were slightly different than what they expect they explain it to you.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone walked in the door as the phone began to ring.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They can be talked into giving you a better pay than offered.

Worked for McCormick & Schmick's? Contribute to the Community!