McDermott Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Interview

Initial communications are poor at best. There is no acknowledgement of on-line application, no communication indicating that you are not being considered as a candidate and no communication that the position has been filled. The hiring process is impersonal; there is no "human" in human resources.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDermott.

Interview

Interviewed with J. Ray McDermott in Houston. I thought the Interview went well but we couldn't agree on salary and I wasn't sure that the work would be challenging enough to hold my interest. folks I interviewed with were competent and very welcoming. I decided to branch out on my own and start a consulting firm.

Interview Questions

Salary wasn't where I needed it to be.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process wasn't overly difficult or anything, they were friendly. I got an interview through an employee already working for the company. I interviewed at the company. They asked more questions about personality than technical details about my supply chain courses. Not a very good talker, but tried to be as honest and genuine as possible.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Was not too bad. Had 2 interviews. There were basic technical questions involved. I spoke with the manager and a tech that has been there a long time. Took about 5 days to find out I was not chosen.

Principal Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Four person interviewed, includes HR, Facility Manager, Process Manager and Lead engineer. Managers talked more general questions. Lead engineer talked techincal in details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated $5000 than offered initially. Suggest to ask at least $5000 more than what you want.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was very easy. They seemed to be more interested in my personality rather than technical competency.

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted first offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

I went through a recruiter and initially McDermott was unable to provide a benefits description. I would not accept a position without this information and waited until I did. The interview process went well and they showed me a roadmap of the IT department and where I would fit in. I also met several of the other project managers. Overall I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• This was many years ago and I don't remember a specific hard question   Answer Question

GGDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McDermott (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

3 interviews that took 3 whole months. 1st interview is phone interview, 2nd is psychometric test, 3rd is panel interview.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDermott.

Interview

Down to earth people doing the interviews. Be open and honest with your skills, and experience. Be ready to negotiate compensation, and get everything in writing that you can.

Negotiation

Difficult

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McDermott (Mumbai (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

The job offer was posted and was a walk in interview at Mumbai,India. Having 3years of industrial experience and all the job resposibilites they had mentioned on the advertisement.
    I was not let through the first phase and when asked the person hosting it. He told that i did not have relevant experience.
    What i came to know was that position was filled by some guy with just 3 months experience.