McDermott Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2014
Updated Jun 22, 2014

2.8

Director, Risk Management Interview

Initial communications are poor at best. There is no acknowledgement of on-line application, no communication indicating that you are not being considered as a candidate and no communication that the position has been filled. The hiring process is impersonal; there is no "human" in human resources.

Geologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDermott.

Interviewed with J. Ray McDermott in Houston. I thought the Interview went well but we couldn't agree on salary and I wasn't sure that the work would be challenging enough to hold my interest. folks I interviewed with were competent and very welcoming. I decided to branch out on my own and start a consulting firm.

Interview Questions

Salary wasn't where I needed it to be.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDermott in April 2013.

Was not too bad. Had 2 interviews. There were basic technical questions involved. I spoke with the manager and a tech that has been there a long time. Took about 5 days to find out I was not chosen.

Principal Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDermott in July 2012.

Four person interviewed, includes HR, Facility Manager, Process Manager and Lead engineer. Managers talked more general questions. Lead engineer talked techincal in details.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated $5000 than offered initially. Suggest to ask at least $5000 more than what you want.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDermott in July 2010.

Interview was very easy. They seemed to be more interested in my personality rather than technical competency.

No negotiation, accepted first offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McDermott in May 2009.

I went through a recruiter and initially McDermott was unable to provide a benefits description. I would not accept a position without this information and waited until I did. The interview process went well and they showed me a roadmap of the IT department and where I would fit in. I also met several of the other project managers. Overall I was impressed.

Interview Questions
    • This was many years ago and I don't remember a specific hard question   Answer Question

GGDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McDermott in May 2013.

3 interviews that took 3 whole months. 1st interview is phone interview, 2nd is psychometric test, 3rd is panel interview.

IT Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDermott.

Down to earth people doing the interviews. Be open and honest with your skills, and experience. Be ready to negotiate compensation, and get everything in writing that you can.

Difficult

Project Control Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDermott.

On site interview after employee referral

Technical Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDermott in September 2011.

I worked this position through a recruiter "Experis IT", they put me contacted me about the position. I looked up the location, checked out the company and said sure looks good. The pay was on point as well. The interview was setup for a Monday morning 10am. Arrived at the location without any problem. The Helpdesk Lead came down to meet me and escorted me upstairs. The building was nice and kept up. We went into a small conf room, and sat at table, I on one side and the she on the other, shortly thereafter the IT Manager followed by the Hiring Manager arrived. The IT Manager stated right off the bat that this was going to quick and to the point, apparently there was a lot going on that morning. We went over some basic questions, I was suprised when the Hiring Manager asked me my age, I replied that your not suppose to ask that question and the IT Manager replied, we would like to know, so I stated my age to the, and the IT Manager stated your the same age I am. The process lasted about an hour. I thanked them, they said I should know something by the end of the week. I heard back today, Thursday 29, September that they selected another candidate.