McDonald's

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy. The first step involved applying. The hiring manager will call you back to schedule an interview. When you accept the interview, you go in to the restaurant and take the interview. The interview was very easy. Offered a job right on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to interrupt what you were doing and help someone else.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a job offer somewhere else

Columbia, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was just hired as is. There really wasn't many questions for me when I started. Now they ask specific questions about if you have reliable transport and problems following orders. They also ask about your previous jobs.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I walked into the store to turn in my application. I didn't expect to be interviewed on the spot but the manager wanted to hold an interview with me. That interview wasn't bad but I seriously scoffed at their requirement that I would have to accept a job as a cook at first and then work my way up to manager. This is with my McDonald's experience from high school and my college degree. The manager explained that this was the franchise owner's requirement, something that I was not willing to accept. Why take a job as a Mcdonald's cook when I could apply for a job as a waiter and make more money.

Interview Question – Was I willing to accept a position as a cook.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at McDonald's in November 2009.

Interview Details – i interviewed with gm 2 supervisors and the ops leader

Interview Question – the questions were typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was my first salery job i took the first offer i thought it was fair

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2009.

Interview Details – Application was filled out on a computer screen built in to the dining area of this McDonald's.
No human interaction at all to fill out an application. Anyone can walk in and fill out this application on the computer. Called in for interview 4 weeks later. Interview was relatively short and sweet.

Interview Question – My most difficult question was have you ever worked in a fast food environment before? And, if not, what makes you suitable for this type of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – I was hired in as crew and hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage starting out and work your way up.

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Had a good interview, the person knew what questions to ask, no surprize. If you can do everything from the crack in the floor up, you got it. Know how to clean.

Negotiation Details – Very simple.

Rockford, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was professional, well organized, in a comfortable atmosphere. Interview questions were direct and easy to answer.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated at a managers level pay

Hammond, LA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2011.

Interview Details – It's okay!!!

Negotiation Details – Yes..

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Asked about experience in the restaurant field. Was very easy interview.

Interview Question – What will you do if you find a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.