McDonald's Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Webster, NY).

Interview

The interview was very informative and explain that I would be training at all positions in the store. I started by training in the drive-Thu and then the counter and kitchen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

was very surprised at how much information they wanted on the company. next time i will be more prepared in my preparation to get a job at this company for a assistant manager position

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Ewing, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Only questions i was asked was regarding my availability and experience in other stores i had previously worked in. They want to ensure you are able to work weekends. They do not offer benits no matter if you are salary or hourly. There is difficulty when requesting days off. The process is short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I walked into the store to turn in my application. I didn't expect to be interviewed on the spot but the manager wanted to hold an interview with me. That interview wasn't bad but I seriously scoffed at their requirement that I would have to accept a job as a cook at first and then work my way up to manager. This is with my McDonald's experience from high school and my college degree. The manager explained that this was the franchise owner's requirement, something that I was not willing to accept. Why take a job as a Mcdonald's cook when I could apply for a job as a waiter and make more money.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I was hired in as crew and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage starting out and work your way up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

just asking your background and how you gonna work for the company. And telling the candidate what the job about and their expectation on your performance on this post. Show candidate what is the responsibility of the position and salary/ benefits.

Interview Questions

• How are you gonna work like in this company. What if the customer ordered wrong food but just keep saying they do other something else?   Answer Question

got other offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (South Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview went well. Asked about customer service skills and ethical questions. Also brought up different scenarios and how you would handle it (customer service). If you know the process and systems, you'll be fine. Make sure you also know food safety (ie. Temperature of warmer, oil, grill) how long should food be in warmer, fridge temperature etc.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had a good interview, the person knew what questions to ask, no surprize. If you can do everything from the crack in the floor up, you got it. Know how to clean.

Negotiation

Very simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Anchorage, AK) in March 2012.

Interview

Asked about experience in the restaurant field. Was very easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Crowley, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Crowley, LA) in June 2011.

Interview

First I filled out a paper application, and while there I spoke with the store manager on site. They called me back for an interview with the store manager and the district manager. We discussed benefits and hours and career progression. They offered me the job within 2 days and I began 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my employment history and management experience   1 Answer
    • They were interested in my ability to work varying shifts.   Answer Question