McDonald's Canada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

Interview

Applied on-line, about a week later I received a call to set up an interview for the following week. Went in to the restaurant and told the girl at the counter I was there for an interview. Went to the back section of the restaurant and sat with a few other people while waiting for my interview. Was told they were interviewing a bunch of people but only hiring a couple, so the chances weren't that great.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to multi-task?   Answer Question
    • When did someone in a group situation not do their share of the work, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

Interview

easy interview, asks simple questions about why you want to work there, questions about yourself, just standard interview questions that you can give a cliche answer to and get by

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strathmore, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Strathmore, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I filled in my basic information, like address, and stuff like that. They called me in for an interview. I filled out an application during the interview. And I did a questionnaire. She asked me a few questions. I get called back the next day, and was told that the job was mine. They asked for my uniform size, and told me when orientation was. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I wish every interview was like this.

Interview Questions

• If you overhear a customer saying their burger was cold, what would you do?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

Interview

I had been referred by my mothers friend of a friend who was a former employee. I dont think it made much of a difference in terms of getting hired. All I was told is to ask for (managers name). I came in with my resume and had the interview right then and there in the restaurant. The questions were pretty basic “Why do you want to work for us?“ since this was my first ever job interview saying it was easy is says a lot. I was asked if I could start Monday and was hired on the spot!

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. When I went in for the interview I had to wait like 10 mins extra because the interviewer was still doing interviewing other people. But other than that, the interview went very smoothly. At first we talked about my availability and work history (I didn't have any, so volunteer history). We talked about the different responsibilities I had during volunteering. Then she gave me ask me a few questions. After I got a call back 3 days later saying I got the job :)

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had time you had a short period of time to complete a task, how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you thought you were right, when you were actually wrong?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if someone has spilled a drink?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you had to handle a difficult person?   1 Answer

Kitchen Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

interviewed at McDonald's Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Apply online first, and I got a call within a week of applying online. Asked a few simple questions like "tell me about a time when someone in the group was negative", "how would you turn a customers negative experience into a good one", etc. Overall I've worked at McDonald's twice and both times the interviewer(s) have been extremely nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• How would you turn a negative situation into a positive one?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

After handing in my application form and resume, I was contacted by phone re.: an opening for an overnight maintenance person at a McDonald's franchise opening in the city. The interview was scheduled for the next day and after a 10-minute interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What do I hope to contribute to McDonald's should we hire you?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Easy and straightforward one on one interview. Introduce yourself. Why do you want to work here. What is your availability. Given scenarios where you are asked what you would do.

Kitchen Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

Interview

There are 2 interviews and they ask you about past experiences and how what you would do in a stressful situation. They also ask you about your ability to multitask and to lead a young group of people

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

breif, easy, went in and there was an immediate warmaff. Very friednly engaging environment. I felt welcome when I walked through the door. The manager told me to have a seat. Then the head manager came in and sat with me. Had a very warm welcome as well. Started looking at my resumee and began to ask questions about my interests.

Interview Questions

• what would you do in the event of a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negocaite the number of hours i was able to work per week.