McDonald's Canada Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

After handing in my application form and resume, I was contacted by phone re.: an opening for an overnight maintenance person at a McDonald's franchise opening in the city. The interview was scheduled for the next day and after a 10-minute interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What do I hope to contribute to McDonald's should we hire you?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Easy and straightforward one on one interview. Introduce yourself. Why do you want to work here. What is your availability. Given scenarios where you are asked what you would do.

Kitchen Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

There are 2 interviews and they ask you about past experiences and how what you would do in a stressful situation. They also ask you about your ability to multitask and to lead a young group of people

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's Canada in March 2014.

Found out they were hiring on Kijiji.Went in with resume. Applied. Interview same time, right there. call back in 2 days. got trained about 2 weeks later. 3 training shifts, then full worker

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. fairly straight forward. customer orientated questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lethbridge, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's Canada in April 2014.

they ask you why you applied to work at McDonalds and what skills can you bring to make McDonalds grow and become better. they also ask you what is your availablity and what days can you work and how many hours you are available a week and also if you can perform the duties at mcdonalds

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with a difficult customer   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate to what i made before at previous mcdonalds

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

I applied online and I was called the next day, in which we set up an interview for the following day after I was done school. The interview was very casual, and the questions were very basic. I think they were desperate because when I answered why I wanted to work there (my parent's are making me get a job) they still hired me.

First Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

I started as a crew person, worked my way up through crew trainer, team leader, swing manager, second assistant and now first assistant. It is a great job because it teaches you to be a hard working, and learn different aspects of the business and how to properly run it.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's Canada in February 2012.

Applied in store, then had about a 2 week wait period before contact through phone. Came in for 1on1 interview with a second assistant manager. Got hired and went through orientation. Whole process was very easy and seemed very generic. At the time there was no objections to getting hired as it was my first job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most you've went out of your way to help a person?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, minimum wage automatically at McDonald's.

Drive-Thru Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

I was hired after one interview. My Manager was terrific and the gal that trained me was excellent. Everyone helps you when you have a problem on the floor, you just ask. Almost everyone is friendly and outgoing who work there, like anywhere else you would work. There is some joking around, but when the work is to be done, it gets done without a question, like it should.

Interview Questions
    • When you don't prepare the food, the most difficult questions are, what is in that sandwich?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's Canada in September 2013.

I applied online and I got a phone call about a month later saying that I should come in for an interview. In the first part of the interview they had me fill out a questionnaire about how i would handle certain situations. After that, it was a pretty standard interview with basic questions. The interview process was very good and the workplace culture at McDonald's is better than I expected for a fast food job.

Interview Questions

Worked for McDonald's Canada? Contribute to the Community!