McDonald's Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Ontario, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

i submitted resume in store also had a employee reference, once they call you they ask you to apply online too and once they get the online application they call for an interview and it was fairly easy very easy questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online on their website, during the online application it asked you to fill out a questionare. It was mostly basic scenario questions. A couple days later i got called for an interview. It was a sit down interview with the manager. Asked me basic questions and got an offer right on the spot.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's Canada (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

An easy online application that screens you first. Got a call back for an interview in about a week after that. It was a casual and easy interview and quickly led to orientation and training. The questions were basic and expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company? How would you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in for one interview with the manager. Got asked a couple questions...the basics. Asked about my availability, past work, why i want the job. Got scheduled for a second interview where i met the owner of the store who then asked me to tell him about myself, to which i did and he extended a offer.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

Interview

Applied on-line, about a week later I received a call to set up an interview for the following week. Went in to the restaurant and told the girl at the counter I was there for an interview. Went to the back section of the restaurant and sat with a few other people while waiting for my interview. Was told they were interviewing a bunch of people but only hiring a couple, so the chances weren't that great.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to multi-task?   Answer Question
    • When did someone in a group situation not do their share of the work, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

Interview

easy interview, asks simple questions about why you want to work there, questions about yourself, just standard interview questions that you can give a cliche answer to and get by

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strathmore, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Strathmore, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I filled in my basic information, like address, and stuff like that. They called me in for an interview. I filled out an application during the interview. And I did a questionnaire. She asked me a few questions. I get called back the next day, and was told that the job was mine. They asked for my uniform size, and told me when orientation was. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I wish every interview was like this.

Interview Questions

• If you overhear a customer saying their burger was cold, what would you do?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

Interview

I had been referred by my mothers friend of a friend who was a former employee. I dont think it made much of a difference in terms of getting hired. All I was told is to ask for (managers name). I came in with my resume and had the interview right then and there in the restaurant. The questions were pretty basic “Why do you want to work for us?“ since this was my first ever job interview saying it was easy is says a lot. I was asked if I could start Monday and was hired on the spot!

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. When I went in for the interview I had to wait like 10 mins extra because the interviewer was still doing interviewing other people. But other than that, the interview went very smoothly. At first we talked about my availability and work history (I didn't have any, so volunteer history). We talked about the different responsibilities I had during volunteering. Then she gave me ask me a few questions. After I got a call back 3 days later saying I got the job :)

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had time you had a short period of time to complete a task, how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you thought you were right, when you were actually wrong?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if someone has spilled a drink?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you had to handle a difficult person?   1 Answer

Kitchen Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

interviewed at McDonald's Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Apply online first, and I got a call within a week of applying online. Asked a few simple questions like "tell me about a time when someone in the group was negative", "how would you turn a customers negative experience into a good one", etc. Overall I've worked at McDonald's twice and both times the interviewer(s) have been extremely nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• How would you turn a negative situation into a positive one?   Answer Question