McDonald's Canada

Updated Nov 1, 2014
Updated Nov 1, 2014

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada in October 2014.

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. When I went in for the interview I had to wait like 10 mins extra because the interviewer was still doing interviewing other people. But other than that, the interview went very smoothly. At first we talked about my availability and work history (I didn't have any, so volunteer history). We talked about the different responsibilities I had during volunteering. Then she gave me ask me a few questions. After I got a call back 3 days later saying I got the job :)

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had time you had a short period of time to complete a task, how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • When was a time you thought you were right, when you were actually wrong?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if someone has spilled a drink?   View Answer
    • When was a time you had to handle a difficult person?   View Answer

Kitchen Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

interviewed at McDonald's Canada in September 2014.

Apply online first, and I got a call within a week of applying online. Asked a few simple questions like "tell me about a time when someone in the group was negative", "how would you turn a customers negative experience into a good one", etc. Overall I've worked at McDonald's twice and both times the interviewer(s) have been extremely nice and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • How would you turn a negative situation into a positive one?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

After handing in my application form and resume, I was contacted by phone re.: an opening for an overnight maintenance person at a McDonald's franchise opening in the city. The interview was scheduled for the next day and after a 10-minute interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What do I hope to contribute to McDonald's should we hire you?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Easy and straightforward one on one interview. Introduce yourself. Why do you want to work here. What is your availability. Given scenarios where you are asked what you would do.

Kitchen Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

There are 2 interviews and they ask you about past experiences and how what you would do in a stressful situation. They also ask you about your ability to multitask and to lead a young group of people

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

I applied online and I was called the next day, in which we set up an interview for the following day after I was done school. The interview was very casual, and the questions were very basic. I think they were desperate because when I answered why I wanted to work there (my parent's are making me get a job) they still hired me.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada in April 2014.

they ask you why you applied to work at McDonalds and what skills can you bring to make McDonalds grow and become better. they also ask you what is your availablity and what days can you work and how many hours you are available a week and also if you can perform the duties at mcdonalds

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with a difficult customer   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate to what i made before at previous mcdonalds

First Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's Canada.

I started as a crew person, worked my way up through crew trainer, team leader, swing manager, second assistant and now first assistant. It is a great job because it teaches you to be a hard working, and learn different aspects of the business and how to properly run it.

Drive-Thru Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's Canada.

I was hired after one interview. My Manager was terrific and the gal that trained me was excellent. Everyone helps you when you have a problem on the floor, you just ask. Almost everyone is friendly and outgoing who work there, like anywhere else you would work. There is some joking around, but when the work is to be done, it gets done without a question, like it should.

Interview Questions
    • When you don't prepare the food, the most difficult questions are, what is in that sandwich?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's Canada in March 2014.

Found out they were hiring on Kijiji.Went in with resume. Applied. Interview same time, right there. call back in 2 days. got trained about 2 weeks later. 3 training shifts, then full worker

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. fairly straight forward. customer orientated questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation