McDonald's Certified Swing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Really fast - applied online and within 2 weeks got called in for an interview. Asked basic questions. Also asked about customer service experience. Asked it I was able to lift heavy objects and if I was able to work in a fast paced environment. Also asked about my leadership background.

Interview Questions

• How long should a customer be sitting in drive thru?   2 Answers

I got a job in my degree field.

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Certified Swing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's in March 2011.

Interview

Met the interviewerror at a Mcdonalds. She asked about questions that were on the online test. Asked me a lot of what ifs. Asked me if I had any tatoos that would need to be covered. Talked about my level of experience and education. Simple intereview questions. Nothing to difficult. Simple how are you qualified for this postion? Etc.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job at the age of 15 in April, Got called for an interview in May and got the job the next day. Interview was one on one and lasted for about 15 minutes. I knew the general manager which is why I got hired so young. I was trained on the register and got the hang of it like 3 hours later that shift.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was my strengths and weaknesses because I have none so I made it up. Another question was " How long do you think you'll stay in the company."   2 Answers

Negotiation

My starting salary was minimum wage. Throughput the 4 years of employment I received a .25 cent raise 5 times. Salary is non-negotiable. You either take that pay or find another job. But I was 15 at that time so it seemed like a lot for me.

Certified Swing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

My first contact was a walk in to submit an application for a crew position. I was dressed in khakis, a button down long sleeve shirt and a tie. I approached and indicated that I wished to obtain employment. I was asked if I was applying for management and I clarified that I was seeking a crew position. I was introduced to the GM who also assumed that I was seeking a management position. I indicated that I was looking for a crew position because I had no management experience and I did not wish to apply for a job that I was not qualified for and not get a job at all. The GM continued to steer me away from submitting a crew application, telling me that if I applied for the CSM position and did not meet the standards that I would not be disqualified from the crew position. I completed an online application for the CSM position. A couple of days later I was called and informed that we could progress with the next stage, an interview with the owner / operator (OO). I had expected this interview to be the toughest part of the process, but it turned out that I was apparently already approved for the position and that this interview was about making sure that I knew what I was getting into as well as the standard 'this company is a pretty awesome place to work' boilerplate. About ten to fifteen days after my initial contact, I began work for McDonalds # 666. Okay the store was not #666, it was actually #(some five digit number) but that is just foreshadowing.

Interview Questions

• This was during the meeting with the OO. The year was 2008 and the minimum wage was $6.55/hr; the step up to $7.25 was another 9 or so months away. The OO was in the process of explaining just how fabulous it was to work for him. I had just left a job washing dishes for the Marriott making $8.39/hr. OO makes a wage offer. As I did not have any management experience, I did not feel that I was in a strong position to negotiate. OO does that thing where he writes a number down and slides it over to me. Drama. It is as though the number he has just written is so astounding that it must not be spoken. In retrospect it was that astounding. $7.25/hr. I took a $1.14/hour pay cut changing jobs from dishwasher to manager trainee. W. O. W.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time I did not feel that I was in much of a position to negotiate, and I accepted the offer as it was presented. I would suggest that someone in my position NOT DO THAT.