McDonald's Crew Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Saint Ann, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application at 1 am and was called at 10 am the next day. I was asked about my availability and was then told my interview was the next day at 2 pm. Things that you should know based on my interview:

1. Dress for success. Not sure about ladies, but guys should wear a button up shirt tucked into black slacks and some nice shoes that match the rest of the attire.

2. Arrive early. I arrived 15 minutes early, since that was what I was taught.

3. Bring your social security card and a picture ID. Also, bring a pen and some paper. Seriously, bring them so you don't look unprepared.

4. Have good posture and maintain good eye contact. Manners will take you very far, so have some. Being nervous is expected so it's alright, but try to be as confident as possible.

5. Have a question or two ready for if they ask you if you have any questions.

After the interview I basically had the job, but was told to have 2 pairs of slacks and a pair of anti-slip shoes or I wouldn't be able to do the paper work and everything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
  • Why should I hire you over someone else?   1 Answer
  • Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I got a call 2 days after completing the application online. It's a pretty simple interview, they ask you some basic questions about availability, previous work history etc. As long as you clear their background check, you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's (Cleveland, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

I walked in and told someone running the front counter that I had an interview at 9am with the hiring manager. He told me where to go sit. I sat down and waited about 10-15 minutes. The hiring manager came out and asked me my name we took a seat at the back of restaurant. She came out with a folder full of papers and my application she asked me about my availability and if I would care to work third shift. That was all the questions I was asked she had a copy of my social security card my mom had faxed over to her. She had me fill out all the necessary paper work for a new hire. I filled out all the papers she copied my social and my ID and ordered my uniform and told me as soon as it came in I would be able to start work. All in the interview was very laid back and easy and I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• if I call you asking you to work third shift would that be a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation she told me they start everyone out at $7.25 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I did an application online got a call the next day. Went in for an interview 3 days later. And I got the job. The hiring manager was really nice and we just a had conversation it didn't feel like an interview. She asked why I wanted to work there and I mentioned there mission statement and the Ronald mcdonald house which I think she like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, everyone starts with minimum wage

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I submitted an application online and checked on it in person a few times. I had given up hope when two weeks passed without me getting a call,and was surprised when i got one for a five pm interview. I came five minutes early and was told to find a seat. Sat for 15 minutes and was greeted by a tired non smiling manager. She seemed disinterested and was rushing through it. it was my first interview and i was nervous.I never got a call back.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Interview

I got an interview with mcdonalds through a friend, and was told to apply online, went to the second interview. the questions were very simple and i felt stupid for stressing so much. just be sure to get there on time, put your availability down as open, and they'll hire you for sure.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time when working with a customer and how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I was called and asked what would work. They gave me the choice of time, but none of the times I picked seemed to be good for them. I also spoke with several people on the one call which felt very out of place. When I did show up for the interview I ended up waiting for over an hour to be seen. I understand that there were other people, but I hoped they planned with that in mind, and they did not. Once a manager got to me I ended up going through a couple questions and then had the interviewer leave. I sat for another 20 or so minutes before being greeted by the store manager who offered me the job. Overall it wasn't that bad, but lacked organization and timing.

Interview Questions

• There were no real hard questions. The hardest one was that "tell me about yourself."   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Crew Interview

Interview

The hiring was easy as someone got me in, as long as I got the GO I was scheduled for the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Leesburg, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called a few days after I applied online, first by a general manager then by a hiring manager (I missed the general manager's call). The interviewer went through my application and talked about it with me, asking for a few more details about what I wrote. Then, he asked when I could start.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

The hiring process was quck