McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

1.6

Crew Member Interview

Easy, not that hard. Basic interview questions you can find on google. I applied online, got a call within a week, person to person interview within another week, got a call I got the job in a the following week.

Interview Questions
  • IF a customer was mad about their order, what would you do?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I got a call asking for an interview 2 days after I applied online, I went in that Monday and had my interview and got hired that day.
    The interview took no longer than a few minutes and was pretty straight forward. Just a tip of advice it'll be fast paced and they expect QUICK 1-2 sentence answers relative to anything that has to do with why you're qualified. They will more than likely NOT look over your application longer than it takes to memorize your first name so the first impression makes a huge impact not so much your application. The hiring managers come off as very serious, remember you're NOT going in there to make a friend you're going in there to convince someone you're good enough for their company.
    It helps a lot if you know someone who works there (whose a good employee) and be very respectful. Eye contact, smile, loud voice, no phone, firm handshake and dress in a NICE outfit but not too get-uppy with statement jewelry (I wore a light blue button up shirt and black fitted slacks with black flats.)
    When you get there let an employee know you're there and they'll tell you to take a seat wherever, the hiring manager will come in a few minutes and tell you to follow her to a secluded booth. I got there 10 minutes early and made sure to smile at customers walking by, I ever had a small conversation with one.
    If they like you they'll hire you on spot by scheduling you for orientation, if you get the "we'll call you and let you know" there's a 90% chance you didn't get the job.
    BTW they don't hire anyone under 16 and if you get hired you'll bring a permit to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • "Imagine I'm a customer, show me how you would greet me, take my order, etc"   View Answer
    • "Imagine I'm the same customer, I come up to you and tell you my order isn't correct, what do you do?"   View Answer
    • What do you know about Mcdonalds and our corporation and franchise?   View Answer
    • "What do you hope to gain from this position? and how long will you be staying if employed?   View Answer
    • "Have you ever been employed before or are you currently employed? If not, why?" "Do you have any community service?" "What experience did you gain from that job that would be useful for this position?"   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

I turned in my application, was asked to sit down with my best friend at the time. Then the hiring manager looked at both my friend's and my application. She said they needed some smart white girls like us and hired us on the spot. I almost didn't take the job because of the "white" comment. But she ended up getting demoted a couple years later...

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in March 2015.

Walked in, waited in the restaurant. A couple other interviewees were there. We got interviewed one at a time at a table in the lobby. It was really easy, just smile and prepare for generic interview questions. How are you at teamwork? How are you at multi-tasking?

Got a the next day to come in for orientation same week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's in March 2015.

I got called in for a interview. I Came in on time for the interview. Waited about 15 minutes and first thing we went over was Availability.. And only one interview question.

Interview Questions
    For Boys i suggest a nice plad long sleeved collard shirt and black dress pants with some black forces (any black shoes). Shave,Minty breath,I know its mcdonalds but Look neat because they pay attention to detail. Talk calm but confident,eye contact, its okay if your nervous and need a minute they understand. It shows you want the job...
    Oh yeah if they call you (YOU GOT THE JOB). just be natural and do the ^above^

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sonora, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sonora, CA

I applied online and got a call the same day setting up an interview two days later. Showed up super nervous for the interview because I'm horrible at them but I prepared enough and it was super easy. got the job the same day and start orientation two days later. I wore a white button down shirt tucked into black work pants and nice shoes with my hair down and bangs in a braid

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online got a call 3 weeks later, interviewed with two managers
    I was asked easy questions like
    why McDonald's?
    And what experience do you have?
    Overall it was a very easy interview process.
    I got an over through my email about 3 days later I accepted and I was sent the info for orientation!
    Overall pretty easy!

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in February 2015.

I applied online and received a call the next day asking some pre-interview questions before telling me when to come in for a one on one interview. They informed me of their policy on tattoos and confirmed some information from my job application.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time you've had to pay fine attention to detail?
      Do you have any visible tattoos?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in February 2015.

The entire process took about a month. I just received a call last week telling me to come in for an interview. I scheduled to meet with the manager on that Friday, and was told to call back within five days to confirm the results of the background check. Apparently the lines we crossed because a manager from another McDonald's location contacted me, saying that he also wanted me to come in for an interview. I proceeded to call him back because I couldn't make time frame he had scheduled and by doing so he said "thanks for applying anyway. Since it wasn't the same location I had my initial interview, I decided to call that manager who said that my background check was clear and to call back the next day for the orientation details.

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in February 2015.

Everything went pretty good, I was told that they will give me a call when to go to work in like 24 hours or so. But... I don't want to be lied like that, what's wrong with you, people?