McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.6

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interview seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. It is more likely that there is only an interview because of some kind of tradition -- either that or to see if the person is has any hint of self control because this job requires absolutely no skill whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Kiel, WI).

Interview

Just a one-on-one interview with one of the managers, nothing special. Went over past jobs and what I'm doing in school, like extra-curriculars. I was 14 so it was mostly about what I'm doing in school. Also when I could work and what times were the best. She basically said I had the job once we were done with the interview.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Easy, not that hard. Basic interview questions you can find on google. I applied online, got a call within a week, person to person interview within another week, got a call I got the job in a the following week.

Interview Questions

• IF a customer was mad about their order, what would you do?   2 Answers

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

It was easy. The questions were mostly confirming the hours I could work and the other information I had put on my application. They asked for my working papers because I was under 18 at the time.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I got a call asking for an interview 2 days after I applied online, I went in that Monday and had my interview and got hired that day.
    The interview took no longer than a few minutes and was pretty straight forward. Just a tip of advice it'll be fast paced and they expect QUICK 1-2 sentence answers relative to anything that has to do with why you're qualified. They will more than likely NOT look over your application longer than it takes to memorize your first name so the first impression makes a huge impact not so much your application. The hiring managers come off as very serious, remember you're NOT going in there to make a friend you're going in there to convince someone you're good enough for their company.
    It helps a lot if you know someone who works there (whose a good employee) and be very respectful. Eye contact, smile, loud voice, no phone, firm handshake and dress in a NICE outfit but not too get-uppy with statement jewelry (I wore a light blue button up shirt and black fitted slacks with black flats.)
    When you get there let an employee know you're there and they'll tell you to take a seat wherever, the hiring manager will come in a few minutes and tell you to follow her to a secluded booth. I got there 10 minutes early and made sure to smile at customers walking by, I ever had a small conversation with one.
    If they like you they'll hire you on spot by scheduling you for orientation, if you get the "we'll call you and let you know" there's a 90% chance you didn't get the job.
    BTW they don't hire anyone under 16 and if you get hired you'll bring a permit to orientation.

Interview Questions

• "Imagine I'm a customer, show me how you would greet me, take my order, etc"   1 Answer
    • "Imagine I'm the same customer, I come up to you and tell you my order isn't correct, what do you do?"   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Mcdonalds and our corporation and franchise?   1 Answer
    • "What do you hope to gain from this position? and how long will you be staying if employed?   1 Answer
    • "Have you ever been employed before or are you currently employed? If not, why?" "Do you have any community service?" "What experience did you gain from that job that would be useful for this position?"   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in April 2015.

Interview

I applied the middle of March. I got the call for my interview Monday April 5th. My interview was today (April 9th). I was hired and I'm waiting for my uniform to come in and for my orientation so I can start working! The interview was easy and took maybe 5 minutes. Oddly, as I was sitting there waiting for my interview one of their workers told me it was a terrible job and that I should work anywhere else, so that's always a good sign! when you walk in, tell one of the employees you are there for an interview and they will tell you where to sit in the restaurant and the manager will come out to ask you questions!

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I turned in my application, was asked to sit down with my best friend at the time. Then the hiring manager looked at both my friend's and my application. She said they needed some smart white girls like us and hired us on the spot. I almost didn't take the job because of the "white" comment. But she ended up getting demoted a couple years later...

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a job before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Modesto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Walked in, waited in the restaurant. A couple other interviewees were there. We got interviewed one at a time at a table in the lobby. It was really easy, just smile and prepare for generic interview questions. How are you at teamwork? How are you at multi-tasking?

Got a the next day to come in for orientation same week.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Sonora, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the same day setting up an interview two days later. Showed up super nervous for the interview because I'm horrible at them but I prepared enough and it was super easy. got the job the same day and start orientation two days later. I wore a white button down shirt tucked into black work pants and nice shoes with my hair down and bangs in a braid

Interview Questions

• About my previous/current job and when I would need time off for it   1 Answer
    • availability?   1 Answer
    • What does your mom think about you getting a job?   1 Answer
    • What made you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How early could you work?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got called in for a interview. I Came in on time for the interview. Waited about 15 minutes and first thing we went over was Availability.. And only one interview question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about youself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For Boys i suggest a nice plad long sleeved collard shirt and black dress pants with some black forces (any black shoes). Shave,Minty breath,I know its mcdonalds but Look neat because they pay attention to detail. Talk calm but confident,eye contact, its okay if your nervous and need a minute they understand. It shows you want the job...
    Oh yeah if they call you (YOU GOT THE JOB). just be natural and do the ^above^