McDonald's

Average Difficulty
306 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I had received a call on my phone asking when i would be available for an interview. A couple days later, I had one interview and was hired on the spot. The manager asked me about 10 questions about myself.

Interview Question – What was the hardest experience you overcame?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in, asked for a job, the GM scheduled an interview and told me to bring my information for the new hire paperwork. When I arrived at the interview, he asked what my availability was and signed me up for the job. There was absolutely no effort involved.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I asked for the job and was given it on the spot.

Crew Member

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Well i went in and sat around till manager came and started talking to me. he asked me standard interview questions and told me about the training process and told me welcome aboard.

Interview Question – why don'y you have a bank account?   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was given a chance and hired on the spot first interview. It was a fair process and the hiring manager had great communication skills. I came prepared to answer any questions with confidence and everything went well.

Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for a interview. They had a manager and a shift leader there to interview me at the restaurant. Very basic questions. It was as professional as it can possible considering you're being interviewed in a fast food chain.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Mcdonalds?   Answer Question

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – apply online, was told open interviews were Monday at 9. I showed up was interviewed with general questions and was hired. Other people showed up and were dressed in street clothes. (tank tops and shorts). They were not offered any job. The questions were focused on working as a team and customer service.

Interview Question – was not difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another job offer

Crew Member

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2011.

Interview Details – They sit you down and they just say they will hire you. Nothing to it. Of course they ask you all of these questions that are sometimes irrelevant for the job, but at least they are caring enough to ask. They did a background check where I worked, for reasons I do not know.

Negotiation Details – You get minimum wage regardless

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – Basically I was asked about my previous job exp. I told her and it was cool. She asked me a few questions and then sent me to get a drug test which i took and passed.

Interview Question – What did you most dislike about your last job? Management.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Very friendly, but yet strict and the process was fairly quick. The whole process took only 5 days however he let me know the day of that I would without a doubt be the first one to be trained and start working

Interview Question – What would you do if the customer gets angry and throws a fit or throws a scene ?   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – A Facebook friend posted that her Mcdonald's was hiring so I applied online and put a her name in the referral box. The next day I got a callback asking me to come to the store immediately but since it was already 7 pm, I asked to go the next day. When I showed up at the restaurant, I was offered a drink and I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes waiting for the manager. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to hire new people. There were no particularly difficult questions. In fact, there were very few questions at all. She asked for an example of a time when I was a team member and why did I want to work McDonald's. Other than those two questions, the rest were about what station I preferred to work at, scheduling, etc. I made sure to ask her a few questions about what she liked about working for Mcdonald's and advancing through the company. I asked if there would be a second interview and she said yes, the next day there would be.

My second interview was very similar to the first. The manager who was conducting it didn't realize it was my second so that might be why haha. Same thing that happened at the first happened at the second. She was very nice and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She asked me about a time that I was a leader and how I would respond to an angry customer. Same questions about things on my application. Afterwards, I sat in the lobby for probably a half hour waiting for the hiring manager to come out. That was sort of nerve-wracking, probably the most difficult part of the interview process actually. She came out and told me and the other person who was interviewed that day that we were hired and to bring our IDs and social security cards sometime in the next few days.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out at minimum wage, no exceptions. Flexible scheduling.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!