McDonald's

Updated Jan 26, 2015

1.6

359 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online and got a call to come in for an interview with a time they specified within days. Interview took place right in the middle of the restaurant, where everyone else was seated. Took no more than 2 minutes and I was hired on the spot. I was asked 2 questions - what qualities I could bring to McDonalds and what my hobbies were. The interview was one on one and pretty easy going. After I was accepted the manager asked me when I could start and told me necessary information about the job. The process was extremely fast.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. I was told flat out that I'd have to work my way up from minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Put an app online they called 6 days later had a interview got the job the interview was very easy if your nice and have a great personality you should get hired on the spot dress nice and smile

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

applied online. Got phone call in two days. I went in to my f2f interview. Explained what I will be doing. Just asked about my work history/experience. My work availability and when I was available to start. Process wasn't difficult. It didn't take too long. Nothing to it. It isn't rocket science.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

it was not that hard, just asked simple questions about your experience. pretty laid back nothing to bad, mangers are cool and the environment is too they hare helpful and flexible with your hours and school mostly if you are in college or high school

got the job on the spot

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interviewed at my local McDonald's, but I was transferred to work at a McDonald's that was 10 minutes further down the road to reinforce staff. Amazingly, yes each McDonald's receives a lot business and certainly needs more than a handful of employees working weekend-morning shifts.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to work at this McDonald's that is further down the road? Also that's a high GPA you have for an engineer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

I submitted an application a month ago online and got a call back a few days. I was given an interview time. I arrived ten minutes early. You don't need to bring anything. I wore a button down shirt and some nice jeans. I think I was on the verge of being to casual. The interview took around ten minutes. The shift manager asked around six basic questions. She said the interview went ok, she is going to talk to the hiring manager and that I might get a call for a second interview by next week. Waiting for the call as of the moment. No offer yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

Applied and got called 4 days later. Very easy interview and got a job the same day. I came and at least 7 other applicants were there I thought they were just interviewing everybody and not hiring the same day but I was happy when she said come back for an second interview with SS card and ID

No negotiation

Crew Member Interview

Very easy . We sat down , they asked 5 questions and that was it. Not to much , very little . I was somewhat disappointed , but at least I got the job I needed temporarily .

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for McDonalds?   View Answer
    There were no negotiation to it or anything like that . I was offered the job on the spot

Crew Member Interview

applied online, kept calling to check on my application. got asked to come in for an interview the next day. asked very simple and common interview questions like "do you have any experience working in fast food"?" do you have a problem dealing with customers"? "are you willing to stand for long periods of time and work in a fast paced environment"? The interview lasted about 10 minutes and got the job. I started training about 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • is there anything special about you that will help you work in a fast paced environment?   View Answer
    No negotiations

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in December 2014.

I applied to McDonald's and a week later received a phone call in the morning to schedule an interview later that afternoon. I arrived 25-30 minutes early and the place was packed. I waited in line so I could approach the counter and let the lady at the register know that I was there for an interview. I sat down for a few minutes until the manager who would conduct the interview came out. There were a few other applicants waiting for interviews along with me. The others were dressed fairly casual, while I adorned a tucked in white short-sleeved button-down, black pants, a black belt, and black sneakers with a clean shave. After a couple of interviews, it was my turn. I offered the manager my resume to highlight my volunteer work and included a reference list with it. The interview was very conversational, rather than your typical 'read off a script' sort of deal. He was friendly and after taking a bit to look over my resume, he explained what he was looking for in a worker. He asked what position I was interested in and asked to see my I.D. as he filled out a form. He also asked me what I would do in a case where there were hundreds of customers piling up at the counter with only two cash registers, nothing too complicated. He mentioned he's been working at McDonald's for some amount of time, and I told him that I'm a career-oriented individual myself. At this point, he gave me a sheet of paper with information about the orientation location and said that I would be given a call to have a date scheduled. I thanked him for his time and went off. A few days later, he gave me a call to schedule the date and time of the orientation. Orientation is mainly filling out paperwork, getting your uniform, and going through a quick powerpoint. The following day, I was being trained in the restaurant. From the time I applied to my first day, it took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Just let the manager know you're serious about working there.   View Answer
    I didn't bother negotiating because it was my first job.