McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

1.6

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interview seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. It is more likely that there is only an interview because of some kind of tradition -- either that or to see if the person is has any hint of self control because this job requires absolutely no skill whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day for an interview. Manager was friendly and approachable, asked basic interview questions then talked me through a scenario with an unhappy customer, asking what I would say at each step. I think bringing in a resume, even just covering my volunteer experience, made a difference as he asked about details of some of my work. I also think it made me come off as more professional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who is unhappy?
      Why do you want to work at McDonald's?
      What are your strengths?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knox, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Knox, IN).

Interview

Super easy, took less than 10 minutes. The longest part was them getting the paperwork. Asked maybe 5 questions, all of which were simple and easy. There were several interviews going on and everyone was hired. I even got a pair of pants at the interview, one step of what usually happens. Overall good interview, not complicated, and very fast.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McDonald's.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Very short. Went to a hiring event and submitted a mini application. About 5 minutes later the manager came out and asked a couple questions. Very short process. I was hired on the spot and started the next day. Total interview time was around 5 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Clovis, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call like a month or so later. Pretty simple interviews. The first one was more tense and the second one was laid back. Depends on your interviewer and location.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in and asked for manager, and she was on break. Which is fine, I came 30 minutes early. I ended up speaking to another woman, and she gave me the interview. This is my first job, and I really need one so I hope I'll get the second interview. The interview was quite lengthy when I mentioned (on accident) I think it'll be easy. I said that before I've cleaned houses and babysat and various other summer jobs. I know I work hard and I'm always positive. I really would love to have a first job, but no one hires when you have no experience. Looking forward to working here! I love the atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Massillon, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview took about five min and asked a few simple questions. The 2nd interview was the same but did talk about more about the On Job Evaluation (OJE), transportation and what to expect.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I interviewed for about 20 minutes asking me questions about my availability and do I have experience in working in a fast food environment an then after I was ask to attend orientation the following Saturday an be able to work that oncoming Monday.

Interview Questions

• What day am I available to work.   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I got a call asking for an interview 2 days after I applied online, I went in that Monday and had my interview and got hired that day.
    The interview took no longer than a few minutes and was pretty straight forward. Just a tip of advice it'll be fast paced and they expect QUICK 1-2 sentence answers relative to anything that has to do with why you're qualified. They will more than likely NOT look over your application longer than it takes to memorize your first name so the first impression makes a huge impact not so much your application. The hiring managers come off as very serious, remember you're NOT going in there to make a friend you're going in there to convince someone you're good enough for their company.
    It helps a lot if you know someone who works there (whose a good employee) and be very respectful. Eye contact, smile, loud voice, no phone, firm handshake and dress in a NICE outfit but not too get-uppy with statement jewelry (I wore a light blue button up shirt and black fitted slacks with black flats.)
    When you get there let an employee know you're there and they'll tell you to take a seat wherever, the hiring manager will come in a few minutes and tell you to follow her to a secluded booth. I got there 10 minutes early and made sure to smile at customers walking by, I ever had a small conversation with one.
    If they like you they'll hire you on spot by scheduling you for orientation, if you get the "we'll call you and let you know" there's a 90% chance you didn't get the job.
    BTW they don't hire anyone under 16 and if you get hired you'll bring a permit to orientation.

Interview Questions

• "Imagine I'm a customer, show me how you would greet me, take my order, etc"   1 Answer
    • "Imagine I'm the same customer, I come up to you and tell you my order isn't correct, what do you do?"   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Mcdonalds and our corporation and franchise?   1 Answer
    • "What do you hope to gain from this position? and how long will you be staying if employed?   1 Answer
    • "Have you ever been employed before or are you currently employed? If not, why?" "Do you have any community service?" "What experience did you gain from that job that would be useful for this position?"   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Interview

They asked me about my availability and if i mind cleaning the restrooms . It was really easy to get the job. But i didnt like the job because you dont get any tip.