McDonald's

Average Difficulty
302 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was given a chance and hired on the spot first interview. It was a fair process and the hiring manager had great communication skills. I came prepared to answer any questions with confidence and everything went well.

Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for a interview. They had a manager and a shift leader there to interview me at the restaurant. Very basic questions. It was as professional as it can possible considering you're being interviewed in a fast food chain.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Mcdonalds?   Answer Question

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – apply online, was told open interviews were Monday at 9. I showed up was interviewed with general questions and was hired. Other people showed up and were dressed in street clothes. (tank tops and shorts). They were not offered any job. The questions were focused on working as a team and customer service.

Interview Question – was not difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another job offer

Crew Member

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2011.

Interview Details – They sit you down and they just say they will hire you. Nothing to it. Of course they ask you all of these questions that are sometimes irrelevant for the job, but at least they are caring enough to ask. They did a background check where I worked, for reasons I do not know.

Negotiation Details – You get minimum wage regardless

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – Basically I was asked about my previous job exp. I told her and it was cool. She asked me a few questions and then sent me to get a drug test which i took and passed.

Interview Question – What did you most dislike about your last job? Management.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Very friendly, but yet strict and the process was fairly quick. The whole process took only 5 days however he let me know the day of that I would without a doubt be the first one to be trained and start working

Interview Question – What would you do if the customer gets angry and throws a fit or throws a scene ?   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – A Facebook friend posted that her Mcdonald's was hiring so I applied online and put a her name in the referral box. The next day I got a callback asking me to come to the store immediately but since it was already 7 pm, I asked to go the next day. When I showed up at the restaurant, I was offered a drink and I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes waiting for the manager. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to hire new people. There were no particularly difficult questions. In fact, there were very few questions at all. She asked for an example of a time when I was a team member and why did I want to work McDonald's. Other than those two questions, the rest were about what station I preferred to work at, scheduling, etc. I made sure to ask her a few questions about what she liked about working for Mcdonald's and advancing through the company. I asked if there would be a second interview and she said yes, the next day there would be.

My second interview was very similar to the first. The manager who was conducting it didn't realize it was my second so that might be why haha. Same thing that happened at the first happened at the second. She was very nice and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She asked me about a time that I was a leader and how I would respond to an angry customer. Same questions about things on my application. Afterwards, I sat in the lobby for probably a half hour waiting for the hiring manager to come out. That was sort of nerve-wracking, probably the most difficult part of the interview process actually. She came out and told me and the other person who was interviewed that day that we were hired and to bring our IDs and social security cards sometime in the next few days.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out at minimum wage, no exceptions. Flexible scheduling.

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was just me applying online at the McDonald's website and the interview was her asking why I wanted to work there and my availability. The manager was very nice and I really liked her. At the end of the interview she said she said she will give me a chance and gave me the paper.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question they are pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Middleburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. I went inside and asked for the person who had talked to me on the phone, they offered me a drink, and we sat inside the restaurant and had the interview. I wasn't asked a lot of questions at all. I was asked about my previous work experience, and I had none so I said so, but he did also ask about volunteer experience. The interviewer replied along the lines of, "That's good, so you know about getting to work on time and everything." So previous work experience isn't too important to McDonalds. Then I was asked about the hours and times I could work. That was pretty much it. After the interview concluded, I was told that I had to wait for another interview to take place before I would hear back about the position. I never heard back.

Interview Question – Do you have any previous work experience?   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online with lots of questions. A couple of days later I got a call for an interview at 12pm the next day. I went to the interview and they said they couldn't hire me because I was only 14. A waste of time if you ask me.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!