McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions

1.6

317 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centerville, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2013.

The only way to apply at the location I worked at was through an online application I filled out. I got a call within a few weeks asking to set up an interview. I had a first interview with one of the managers and he approved me for a follow up interview with a different manager. Both interviews were relatively laid back and asked mostly, are you good under pressure and can you deal with rude customers appropriately (which you better, because you deal with crap on a daily basis.)

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's.

Easy interview. Took aprox 10 mins. Waited few minutes for manager to finish helping crew members. Afterwards we sat down in the upstairs lobby. He followed his interview guidelines in asking me a series of question, which i answered. Offered Job on spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2014.

Applied online received a call 2 days later .. came in for an interview was told by an employee where to sit .. About 8 others were there. finally it was my turn, she asked my availability how many hours could I work what position I was looking for. They only offer 29 hours at $8. I was then given a paper to go to a 2nd interview a few days later. got the job did orientation waiting on uniform. THEY HIRE ANYONE.

Interview Questions
    • Availability. Am I comfortable with a register the grill & cleaning bathrooms.   View Answer
    there was none it's minimum wage.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online, then called a couple days later and asked if i could set up an interview. Went to the interview, then got interviewed by a different manager and got told i got hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2014.

I filled out a application online and the next day or two days later I received a phone call to come in for a interview. The interview went very well, she asked the basic questions... Tell me about yourself, and have I ever dealt with an irate customer? She also asked about my previous employers. Very easy interview. She told me she was going to call in who she wanted for a second interview and if I'm selected I should hear something by Monday. She was very nice & we even had a little conversation and went as far as talking about wearing jewelry, tattoos and etc. I don't know if I got the offer yet, it's Sunday. I hope I receive the call tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2010.

Ask for a paper resume. Fill it out. Send it back to them. Wait for like 2 days. Accept interview. Do the interview. Accept job offer. It's the easiest job to get. These places have a high turnover rate, so you'll definitely get an interview. Just be prepared for labor intensive tasks...

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ellenwood, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellenwood, GA

I called the McDonald's a few times to see if I could get a interview and one day I called around 10am to see if could get the status of my application and I spoke the hiring manager I presume. She asked me, what was my availability and I told her open availability. She told me come in the next morning and bring a copy of my ID & social security card. So basically I had the job, because when I came in she asked me did I have transportation to work, did I have fast food experience, and she told me the basics about the job and then I filled out the forms I needed for hire.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a reliable source of transportation ?   View Answer
    • Do you have fast food experience?   View Answer
    N/a

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McDonald's.

They called me within two days and gave me an interview. The first interview was with a lady who was the manager of the store. She was really nice and asked some easy questions like why should we hire you and if a customer approached you how would you greet them. The second interview was even shorter than the first but like the hiring manager asked only a few questions about hours and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2012.

Got an interview a week after turning in application. Was hired on immediately and took another week for me to go through orientation and get a uniform and started working.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you over all of these other applicants?   View Answer
    Try to get started off above minimum if you can, they skipped my first 6 month raise and so I was stuck at $7.25 for almost a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Donelson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donelson, TN

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I received a call for an interview a few days after applying online. I needed to reschedule the original interview time/day due to an unexpected child care issue which seemed to be okay at the time of the call to the manager (note: I had applied for the night shift and child care would not have been an issue during or around that time, the interview times were during the day, I had also called earlier in the day to try to notify the manager of this but he was not on shift yet and the person who answered the phone did not take a message and said to call back when he was on shift, 20-30 minutes before the original interview was set). I arrived 5-10 minutes early for the rescheduled interview dressed appropriately and let the manager know I was there for the interview. They seemed irritated and asked if I could give them about five minutes or so as they were running the register which was no problem so I sat down near the register and used the time to observe the operations of the store. Thirty minutes later and still waiting, the manager had disappeared. I decided to leave as it started to feel really awkward, I don't think that they could have forgotten as I was sitting right in front of the ordering area. I'm not sure if there were other circumstances going on, maybe they had already hired someone for the position, but they should have just let me know at the beginning or cancelled the interview beforehand. Very weird as the manager suggested the time and date.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!