McDonald's

Getting the Interview

243 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call to come in and interview. There was a list of 5 basic interview questions that the interviewer read from, which were pretty easy. The interview was in the dining area surrounded by customers. Was offered the job that day and came back the next day to start training.

Interview Question – What is your greatest strength   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, never even discussed. Was just assumed that it was minimum wage.

McKenzie, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's in December 2012.

Interview Details – I put my app online, and contacted the hiring manager the next day. after approximately 3 months of calling once or twice a week I finally got the interview setup. My interviewer was late, but the interview was painless. She mostly asked questions about my schooling, and if I was in any extra activities outside of school. There were some questions about employment history.

Interview Question – What I would do to bring more customers to the company.   View Answers (2)

Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was very easy and everything went as expected. There were no trick questions. Most questions were basic things like why do you want to work here, or where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, I recommend looking up job interview questions, so you know what to expect going into the interview   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – one interview, folloed a script

Interview Question – why work for mcdonalds   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and asked for the hiring manager. They were currently hiring so when I asked for an application and she told me it was all online. She took down my name and I went home and applied. Later that night I go a call for an interview. On the day of my interview I was interviewed by 2 people. They ask the standard questions like;

What would you do in this situation...etc...

Explain a difficult time you had with a co-worker.

How would you greet the customers.

They basically asked the same questions twice.

I got hired on the spot and took the offer.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you needed to get something done quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Watseka, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the store manager, she was very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – all the normal interview questions, it was only difficult because it was my first interview.   Answer Question

Centralia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online one night. Next morning, I got a call from the manager for an interview on that same day. Went in to McDonald's, we interviewed right at one of the booths. It was a nicer McDonald's, clean with modern decor and a play place, and it was at a less busy time. 20 minute interview, and they gave me the job.

I was looking for a summer job and I was applying in March. Told me that they were busiest during the summer and needed to hire around 60 employees, so I guess since I passed the online test and didn't look scary they just took me. The manager probably asked me two things: one, if I've had any job experience; two, my school. Manager was kind, the 20-minutes were mostly the manager talking about how it works around the place, the uniform, the training. We didn't mention wage or hours; wage was on the online application (and do you negotiate that?? I'm a rookie), and hours will be determined later.

At the end of the interview, I was surprised. I asked something to the effect of, "Do I wait for an official notification of a job acceptance?" Manager said it was casual, that I'm pretty much being offered the job right there. So the manager assumed during the whole interview that I had the job. Said I'm gonna be working at the front because I seem "hospitable," so maybe that type of position is more a personality/looks type of qualification.

Interview Question – Have you had any job experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate at all. They just gave me the job, and I was happy.

Crew Member

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Saw an ads on the window of McDonald's restaurant. Went there on the day of interview and got the job very quickly. Questions were straight forward, and it took about 15 minutes to schedule a training day.

On the day of training, they showed you videos and walked you through the process. After everything, you had like 2 weeks to get used to everything there.

The manager was strict, professional and very nice. She worked there once a week or less.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Applied online, then got a call for interview. The interview was extremely easy. Quit after 4 months since I wasn't respected.

Interview Question – Fast-pace work environment but you get paid the minimum wage.   Answer Question

Gurnee, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview lasted about 5 or 10 minutes and she asked about my work history and what I would do in certain situations like dealing with a upset customer. After she was done asking questions she said she liked my allot. She also thought I was a good fit for the position and that she was going to talk with the GM and set up another interview with him and I.

She said she would call me later on the same day but, I never received a call. The next day I called her to see if she she was still interested in me and she said that she'll call me back later to talk and again never did. I decided not to bother calling her again. I figured that she can't keep her word 2 times in a row and without being apologetic in the least that about it that I probably wouldn't want to have a boss like that.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous job?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 243 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.