McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

1.6

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interview seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. It is more likely that there is only an interview because of some kind of tradition -- either that or to see if the person is has any hint of self control because this job requires absolutely no skill whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interview was short. I was asked questions about my person preferences for where I'd like to start off as and what my availability was. Manager was very professional and seemed genuinely interested in hiring me for the position.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

The interview is basically a conversation about your availability, the job, and your past work experiences. Very simple. They will call for a second meeting where you will fill out paperwork and order your uniform. They can be slow with this process but they will get back to you. Your first day will essentially be watching videos, and then if there's enough time left they'll stick you somewhere, probably in the kitchen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Fontana, CA).

Interview

I had an interview at 1:30... I got there about 1:15. I went to the counter to tell them I was there for an interview with Karen. They directed me towards her, she was already sitting at the corner of the lobby with some people doing orientation. I introduced myself, she gave me a paper to fill out, I handed it back, she told me to wait a few minutes.. She came to sit in front of me asked me two questions and then proceeded to give me the orientation date, and things I will need for that day, etc... And it was over.

Interview Questions

• Why did I start looking for work?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

The process was short and to the point, I came into the restaurant told them I was there for an interview. The interviewer wanted to know my background and why i wanted to work at McDonald's. The whole interview including me ordering a meal took 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day for an interview. Manager was friendly and approachable, asked basic interview questions then talked me through a scenario with an unhappy customer, asking what I would say at each step. I think bringing in a resume, even just covering my volunteer experience, made a difference as he asked about details of some of my work. I also think it made me come off as more professional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who is unhappy?
      Why do you want to work at McDonald's?
      What are your strengths?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knox, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Knox, IN).

Interview

Super easy, took less than 10 minutes. The longest part was them getting the paperwork. Asked maybe 5 questions, all of which were simple and easy. There were several interviews going on and everyone was hired. I even got a pair of pants at the interview, one step of what usually happens. Overall good interview, not complicated, and very fast.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McDonald's.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in and asked for manager, and she was on break. Which is fine, I came 30 minutes early. I ended up speaking to another woman, and she gave me the interview. This is my first job, and I really need one so I hope I'll get the second interview. The interview was quite lengthy when I mentioned (on accident) I think it'll be easy. I said that before I've cleaned houses and babysat and various other summer jobs. I know I work hard and I'm always positive. I really would love to have a first job, but no one hires when you have no experience. Looking forward to working here! I love the atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McDonald's (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Very short. Went to a hiring event and submitted a mini application. About 5 minutes later the manager came out and asked a couple questions. Very short process. I was hired on the spot and started the next day. Total interview time was around 5 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Clovis, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call like a month or so later. Pretty simple interviews. The first one was more tense and the second one was laid back. Depends on your interviewer and location.