McDonald's

Average Difficulty
288 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakland, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2013.

Interview Details – That they are nice and cheerful.When I first took the interview i was kind of nervous. The person that was interviewing me was very nice and excited for me to be here. After a few minutes we i felt relax and before i knew it the interview was over.

Interview Question – They were very straight forward and head strong. She said that if you work here you must prepared your self. People over will make up lies and try to decisive you but just pay attention to your work and we got your back. Once you start working here your family and family got each others back so don't let the customer get to you just smile and get throw the day   Answer Question

Surprise, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2013.

Interview Details – the hiring and interview process wa relly good they asked me if I wanted to make this a career and were do I see myself in the next 5 years

Interview Question – what made you decide to apply for a position at McDonalds   Answer Question

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2010.

Interview Details – depends on if they need people. may get hired during interview. very fast process. great place if your in need of a job immediately. they will also work with your schedule which is very nice.

Interview Question – there all really easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called within a few days. I interviewed with the store manager; fairly easy interview but not many questions were asked. I had a second interview a few days later. I accepted the job offer and started the next week.

Interview Question – How will this job benefit your career in the future? Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Land O' Lakes, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2013.

Interview Details – They'll ask you basic questions such as "why do you want to work here?" Easy things like that. Overall, it was pretty quick and painless. The hiring manager at the time of my interview was a little bland, but I guess when you work at McDonald's, all the joy in your life is taken away.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to teach someone something or lead a group.   Answer Question

El Paso, TX

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I don't really remember the exact date I applied since I applied to this store dozens of times, but i got a call last wednesday. I was asleep. When I woke up, I saw that I had a missed call I checked online to see who the number belonged to. I saw that it was McDonald's and I called back and they asked for my name, I told them, and then they said that they would like an interview at 11. I went a couple of minutes early and they made me sit down on the dining area. I waited for like 20 minutes before the manager came to interview me. He asked me basic questions like, why do i wanna work here, how long do i see myself working here, etc. Then he gave me a little test that asked questions and said situations about working there and if you would do that or not. For example, one of the situations was a kid dropped ice cream and he dropped it and started crying, would you give him a free one, tell his mom to buy one, etc. Each question had yes or no, so you had to choose one. As I was taking the test I saw that he was interviewing some other girl. Her interview lasted longer than mine but he didn't give her a test so I don't know if that is good or bad. She seem more enthusiastic though, but I don't know how the manager would get the answers that he would get on the test without her taking it. After I finished I gave him the test completed but I had to wait till he finished his interview with the girl. He said he would call me in 2-3 days but as of the moment i write this, I have not gotten a call, and it has been 5 days.

Interview Question – What would you like to earn by working here?   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went in on Open Interview day, which was every Monday at my McDonald's. I walked in, went to the front counter, and asked where the open interviews were taking place. The girl at the counter offered me a drink, which I declined, and told me to sit in the lobby/main food area. The hiring manager, who was having another interview at the time, was sitting with another man at a booth. I sat down at an unoccupied table, and waited for the manager to come over to my table. When he came over, he asked me some questions, mostly about availability, and then ended the interview with an "I'm interested in you!" It was a 10 minute process, and I got a call back 3 days later asking to come in this Wednesday, and to bring my social security card. So, we'll see what happens.

Interview Questions

Marion, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2013.

Interview Details – VERY basic questions: tell me a little about yourself, and how long do you plan on staying with us. They were surprised that I was applying so close to graduating with my Bachelor's, and they asked about what I was going to do with my degree, I had to tell them I needed to save money to move to a city and that it was going to take about 2 years. That got me the job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Until they have a major overhaul in policy, the starting pay is ALWAYS minimum wage.

Robersonville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and called the store to check the status of my application about 3 days later. The manager told me to come in for an interview the following day. When I arrived at the interview it was about 6 other applicants waiting along with me. Luckily I was the first person to be interviewed. This was probably the easiest interview I ever had in my life. She just asked me about my experience in fast food and education. Then she started explaining to me how orientation works and what's expected out of each worker. She was pretty straight forward that she was a tough manager and that the job is what you put into it. She told me to bring in my ID and social the following day.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question at all. Interview is pretty straightforward and very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on pay whatsoever. We haven't discussed hours yet but I'm pretty sure they are flexible with your schedule

Crown Point, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went by pretty quick, asked basic questions such as team work and why I wanted the job and how am I familiar with the companies policies and such. Mentioned that my uncle owned all the Mcdonald's in Austin, TX, and I basically got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What type of teamwork other than Track and Field have i done?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 288 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.