McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

1.6

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interview seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. It is more likely that there is only an interview because of some kind of tradition -- either that or to see if the person is has any hint of self control because this job requires absolutely no skill whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I interviewed for about 20 minutes asking me questions about my availability and do I have experience in working in a fast food environment an then after I was ask to attend orientation the following Saturday an be able to work that oncoming Monday.

Interview Questions

• What day am I available to work.   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Interview

They asked me about my availability and if i mind cleaning the restrooms . It was really easy to get the job. But i didnt like the job because you dont get any tip.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I got a call asking for an interview 2 days after I applied online, I went in that Monday and had my interview and got hired that day.
    The interview took no longer than a few minutes and was pretty straight forward. Just a tip of advice it'll be fast paced and they expect QUICK 1-2 sentence answers relative to anything that has to do with why you're qualified. They will more than likely NOT look over your application longer than it takes to memorize your first name so the first impression makes a huge impact not so much your application. The hiring managers come off as very serious, remember you're NOT going in there to make a friend you're going in there to convince someone you're good enough for their company.
    It helps a lot if you know someone who works there (whose a good employee) and be very respectful. Eye contact, smile, loud voice, no phone, firm handshake and dress in a NICE outfit but not too get-uppy with statement jewelry (I wore a light blue button up shirt and black fitted slacks with black flats.)
    When you get there let an employee know you're there and they'll tell you to take a seat wherever, the hiring manager will come in a few minutes and tell you to follow her to a secluded booth. I got there 10 minutes early and made sure to smile at customers walking by, I ever had a small conversation with one.
    If they like you they'll hire you on spot by scheduling you for orientation, if you get the "we'll call you and let you know" there's a 90% chance you didn't get the job.
    BTW they don't hire anyone under 16 and if you get hired you'll bring a permit to orientation.

Interview Questions

• "Imagine I'm a customer, show me how you would greet me, take my order, etc"   1 Answer
    • "Imagine I'm the same customer, I come up to you and tell you my order isn't correct, what do you do?"   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Mcdonalds and our corporation and franchise?   1 Answer
    • "What do you hope to gain from this position? and how long will you be staying if employed?   1 Answer
    • "Have you ever been employed before or are you currently employed? If not, why?" "Do you have any community service?" "What experience did you gain from that job that would be useful for this position?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Chino Hills, CA).

Interview

I was ten minutes early to my interview and I was sat down in the lobby. Then I was asked two questions then I went home. it was a very short interview process took like less than five minutes. The management was very rude about the interview, I could not quite hear her and she was very sassy.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in April 2015.

Interview

I applied the middle of March. I got the call for my interview Monday April 5th. My interview was today (April 9th). I was hired and I'm waiting for my uniform to come in and for my orientation so I can start working! The interview was easy and took maybe 5 minutes. Oddly, as I was sitting there waiting for my interview one of their workers told me it was a terrible job and that I should work anywhere else, so that's always a good sign! when you walk in, tell one of the employees you are there for an interview and they will tell you where to sit in the restaurant and the manager will come out to ask you questions!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiel, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Kiel, WI).

Interview

Just a one-on-one interview with one of the managers, nothing special. Went over past jobs and what I'm doing in school, like extra-curriculars. I was 14 so it was mostly about what I'm doing in school. Also when I could work and what times were the best. She basically said I had the job once we were done with the interview.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

It was easy. The questions were mostly confirming the hours I could work and the other information I had put on my application. They asked for my working papers because I was under 18 at the time.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Easy, not that hard. Basic interview questions you can find on google. I applied online, got a call within a week, person to person interview within another week, got a call I got the job in a the following week.

Interview Questions

• IF a customer was mad about their order, what would you do?   2 Answers

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I turned in my application, was asked to sit down with my best friend at the time. Then the hiring manager looked at both my friend's and my application. She said they needed some smart white girls like us and hired us on the spot. I almost didn't take the job because of the "white" comment. But she ended up getting demoted a couple years later...

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a job before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.