McDonald's

Average Difficulty
296 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – A Facebook friend posted that her Mcdonald's was hiring so I applied online and put a her name in the referral box. The next day I got a callback asking me to come to the store immediately but since it was already 7 pm, I asked to go the next day. When I showed up at the restaurant, I was offered a drink and I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes waiting for the manager. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to hire new people. There were no particularly difficult questions. In fact, there were very few questions at all. She asked for an example of a time when I was a team member and why did I want to work McDonald's. Other than those two questions, the rest were about what station I preferred to work at, scheduling, etc. I made sure to ask her a few questions about what she liked about working for Mcdonald's and advancing through the company. I asked if there would be a second interview and she said yes, the next day there would be.

My second interview was very similar to the first. The manager who was conducting it didn't realize it was my second so that might be why haha. Same thing that happened at the first happened at the second. She was very nice and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She asked me about a time that I was a leader and how I would respond to an angry customer. Same questions about things on my application. Afterwards, I sat in the lobby for probably a half hour waiting for the hiring manager to come out. That was sort of nerve-wracking, probably the most difficult part of the interview process actually. She came out and told me and the other person who was interviewed that day that we were hired and to bring our IDs and social security cards sometime in the next few days.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out at minimum wage, no exceptions. Flexible scheduling.

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process just involved me applying and the interview process was just her asking me the times I can work, what kind of transportation I had, and simple things like that. The interview did not take that long.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Middleburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. I went inside and asked for the person who had talked to me on the phone, they offered me a drink, and we sat inside the restaurant and had the interview. I wasn't asked a lot of questions at all. I was asked about my previous work experience, and I had none so I said so, but he did also ask about volunteer experience. The interviewer replied along the lines of, "That's good, so you know about getting to work on time and everything." So previous work experience isn't too important to McDonalds. Then I was asked about the hours and times I could work. That was pretty much it. After the interview concluded, I was told that I had to wait for another interview to take place before I would hear back about the position. I never heard back.

Interview Question – Do you have any previous work experience?   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online with lots of questions. A couple of days later I got a call for an interview at 12pm the next day. I went to the interview and they said they couldn't hire me because I was only 14. A waste of time if you ask me.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied in-person and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Went in and asked for an application, the manager gave me one, I filled it out handed it back and was asked to come back in hour for an interview.

Interview Question – Hiring manager was laid back and we both ending up laughing for most of the interview. Was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2013.

Interview Details – That they are nice and cheerful.When I first took the interview i was kind of nervous. The person that was interviewing me was very nice and excited for me to be here. After a few minutes we i felt relax and before i knew it the interview was over.

Interview Question – They were very straight forward and head strong. She said that if you work here you must prepared your self. People over will make up lies and try to decisive you but just pay attention to your work and we got your back. Once you start working here your family and family got each others back so don't let the customer get to you just smile and get throw the day   Answer Question

Surprise, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2013.

Interview Details – the hiring and interview process wa relly good they asked me if I wanted to make this a career and were do I see myself in the next 5 years

Interview Question – what made you decide to apply for a position at McDonalds   Answer Question

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2010.

Interview Details – depends on if they need people. may get hired during interview. very fast process. great place if your in need of a job immediately. they will also work with your schedule which is very nice.

Interview Question – there all really easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called within a few days. I interviewed with the store manager; fairly easy interview but not many questions were asked. I had a second interview a few days later. I accepted the job offer and started the next week.

Interview Question – How will this job benefit your career in the future? Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Land O' Lakes, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2013.

Interview Details – They'll ask you basic questions such as "why do you want to work here?" Easy things like that. Overall, it was pretty quick and painless. The hiring manager at the time of my interview was a little bland, but I guess when you work at McDonald's, all the joy in your life is taken away.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to teach someone something or lead a group.   Answer Question

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!